Arsenal v. Scum [R]

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by OPArsenal, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Sir Martin Keown

Sir Martin Keown New Member

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

I quote

2. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Actually, you tool, here's that full sentence:

What are you going to do next? Repeat everything I say? You're beaten, just admit it.

By the way, please don't just quote this post to actually copy what I say. It won't be funny to anybody over the age of 12 and will only serve to make you look even more pathetic.

3. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can't believe you even replied to that one, you really are a complete knobjockey

4. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Yes, I should have just shut up and let the average person reading the thread think I actually hadsaid ManU had already won the title.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's actually poor form to make up a quote and attribute it to somebody.

(Editting what they actually wrote for humour is a bit different, the key there of course being that it should be funny, at the very least.)

6. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well forgive me for not understanding the laws of the forum, I was just reading between the lines....

'What I predicted was that in the near future (e.g. the next 4-6 weeks) the gulf between ManU and Arsenal/Chelsea will only grow'

Well it seems we are back to where we started, to that solitary point.

P.S What on earth does an opposition player have to do to get a penalty at Old Trafford????????........DISGRACE!!!!!!!

7. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Maybe study a video of what Pires did against Portsmouth? That seemed to do the trick...

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i think pires cheated his way into a penalty before... but van nistelrooj goes down EVERYWHERE on the pitch and surely even you prawn cannot say he isn't a cheat.. i think pires has drawn what.. 3 penalties in his arsenal career... whereas RvN.......... countless dives..

nuff said~

9. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The cheek of a guy who supports a team with players like RVN and Ronaldo, take a look at the amount of dodgy penalties you were awarded last season, I think Mike Riley gave you 5 alone.

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were howling about not getting the same call at St. James when Giggs was caught (from behind even) and no call was given. That's the incident that led to Sir Alex being sent off if you recall. These things even out. Anything else is just more incoherent babbling from Gooners and the like...

11. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

It obviously doesn't balance out seeing as you have only had a handful of penalties against you at Old Trafford in the last decade

12. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Hey - at what point did I deny Man U players dive? I agree - RVN dives, whats your point?

Care to make the same admission about Pires, Cole, Vieira etc?

Care to quantify those dodgy penalties? It couldn't be because a lot of them are due to Man U spending a significant amount of time in opposing teams penalty boxes could it?

13. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    cole is a cheat.. paddy, c'mon now (although this weekend's match id debate if he was going to do anything with the ball in the box)..

i think it has more to do with the colour kit they are wearing/reputations.. it truely does get absurd at old trafford..

14. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Paddy does dive when it suits (no, I'm not referring to this weekend - try the Charity Shield last summer for the free-kick when Henry scored).

At the end of the day, pretty much every professional footballer will dive when the time/situation is right. The issue is more down to regularity. RVN does it way too often for my liking (as does Ronaldo). However, I would say that Arsenal are just as bad overall, when viewed as a team comparison, as Man U.

15. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    sorry i meant to put this in earlier... the biggest cheat in the game is that DIOUF of liverpool.. luckily, the refs are onto his act and now booking him more often.. that guy really gets under my skin!!!!!!!!! cheatin bastards at liverpool boy..

16. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Good shout - Diouf is a dirty b*stard. The local scousers are so pleased with his acclimatisation that they will be introducing him to the joys of stealing hub caps next week to make him really be part of the local culture.....

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the incoherent babbling from Gooners I was referring to.

18. Sir Martin Keown

Oct 3, 2003
    Germany
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Without doubt every team has a diver or two(I don't see Cole as being one of Arsenals) but the point remains that referees are shi@scared of giving a penalty at Old Trafford, why is that??.

I used to think it was because of Manures 10% stake in Sky Sports and had a conspiracy theory but they sold up this season, maybe nobody told the refs.

19. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003

pourqoi?

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That conspiracy theory has just enough credibility as Dein at the FA working things for Arsenal.

21. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    So Cole managing to get 4 players sent off last season due to his diving kind of contradicts your point....

Even if referees are scared of giving penalties at OT then what does this have do with Man U? If you've got a grief about this then you should point the finger at the refs....

22. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see Cole as much of a diver. Not as much as RvN, at least. I know, I know, 4 players and all, but he seems more like a perpetrator of dumb shit two-footed tackles. And he's not a true left-back, something we've needed for a while. I think he'd be better on the wing, IMHO.

23. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Good shout on that point at least. I still think England should push Bridge in at left back and have Cole on left of midfield... that way you play to both players strengths..

24. OPArsenal

OPArsenal New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every time Ashley plays up, I think to myself, "What if someone had a great almighty burst of speed, charged down the left-hand side of the field, whipped across a blazing pass and then the recipient of said cross score a brilliant goal?" Wouldn't that be AC3's fault? :D

25. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Are you referring to Cole bursting down the left? If so then how is this changed by him playing left midfield?

My comment was based on my opinion that Bridge is a better defender than Cole. Bridge has come on pretty well recently for Chelsea with the attacking side of his game.

This way you get the best of both worlds - still, it's a pretty shabby indictment of English football when we consider a Left-back as the answer to our problems in midfield....