Arsenal v. Liverpool, July 15 2020 2015 GMT

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mebeSajid, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's played FA Cup matches while Auba's been sat for all of them (because Arteta's been playing second teams in FA Cup), and Auba served a red card suspension. In the League he has not.

"He's been fine" is not the performance you need from 70M is the point. It's unfortunate that he will get measured by that metric for his sake, but that's the reality of it. That 70M could have been used on actually good CBs or CMs either this year or last and it wasn't because we were spending on him. The opportunity cost of spending 70M for "fine" is going to set us back, a lot

GunnerJacket repped this.
  2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pulisic is playing in an attacking g system with a selfless striker

wait till Werner comes and his numbers will drop

no one expected this purple patch from
    Him, after all, he was deemed surplus to requirements at Dortmund

3. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #128 daedalus, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
    so, according to james mcnicholas of gunner blog, towards the end of the game, while we were hoping for the game to end before we manage to fuckerate it away, we got a corner. david luiz and rob holding apparently looked at each other to determine whether they should have gone forward for it or not, emi martinez shouted: "david! david! no! where the fuck are you going?!"

i approve.

4. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who's gonna start the FA Cup Semifinals thread? Our match vs ManCHEATER City is coming up tomorrow and we don't know what time or what channel.

I just reorganized my storage locker here at Bishop Park Apartments and found not only the official FA Cup Semifinals program from 2017 when we last faced City in it (that too, was at Wembley), but also my official SF match lapel pin and also both the red and white cannon mini-pennants they handed out to supporters in attendance.

I will post pics of them as soon as somebody starts the FA Cup SF thread, time's a-wastin' here, and COYF'n'G!!!

5. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Tradition says Mebe holds court since the team won their last match. Also I'm pretty sure the match is on ESPN or one of the variants thereof.

BIGHMW repped this.
  6. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh I wasn't gonna break tradition, I've been a Gooner for 7 years and know better, it's just that we are so giddy about this match, so what's keepin' Mebe from starting it?

7. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you read further up in this thread, you'll see a little discussion about Mebe making the next thread just like he did this one, which includes doing it the morning of the match. So I believe that's his plan.

As for where to watch the match, it's only on ESPN+ streaming. Or one of the dodgy pirate streams we used to be so fond of. ;)

Myself, I'll be driving with the family at the time of the match, so I hope to stream it later (replay) on my phone... assuming the lousy internet where I'm going is up to it.

I hope my college friend doesn't spoil the City result like she did with Pool, when she emailed me about our win, before I'd had a chance to catch it.

cooper7d7 repped this.
  8. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wow, that got taken down quick.

9. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They’re coming after me next

i lived a good life, even went unbeaten once..

GunnerJacket and daedalus repped this.
  10. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we will remember you.

at least until they erase your profile as well.

Shen-O and GunnerJacket repped this.
  11. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

thebigman, daedalus and GunnerJacket repped this.