Arsenal tries to even score in tunnel

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by delshaffer, Oct 26, 2004.

1. delshaffer

delshaffer New Member

Feb 22, 2004
    Charleston, SC
    Hey,
    Has anyone heard about this fight in the tunnel after the game? I heard food and soup was thrown on Alex Ferguson, Arsenal's equipment manager got a bloody nose, and it was Wenger, Veira, Henry, Cole, and Ljungberg against Ferndinand, Ferguson, G. Neville, and Roy Carroll. Too bad Arsenal didn't leave all they had on the field, huh? Well, I wouldn't expect anything less than complaining and whining from Arsenal after losing their first game in 49 games. I mean there would have to be something wrong if they lose a game right? Please input your two cents about what happened.

2. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The debate is on whether it was pea soup and food (unspecified) or tomato soup. The question here is, of course, where did soup come from? WTF serves soup on the bench during a game? Soup? For that matter, who brings soup to a game? Is there room for soup in football, period?

3. aosthed

aosthed Member

Jul 16, 2004
    40º30' N 111º52' W
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    I guess they're not as used to losing as ManU is??...

4. Crestofthestars

Crestofthestars New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    I don't see how that works mate. United are unbeaten since the opening day of the season where as Arsenal are 0 unbeaten :)

Oh of course United beat Arsenal last season so they should be well used to it :)

5. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
    Odds on 'Who Threw Food at Fergie', per Paddy Powers, the British oddsmaker:

Vieira (5-2)
    Cole or Lauren (4-1)
    Wayne Rooney (250-1, for being "upset at the lack of post-match McDonald's.")

:D :D