Arsenal Tix '08/'09

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by aa tickets, Jun 16, 2008.

1. waffleaway

waffleaway New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    Ziegler1988 if that ticket is still going i'll take it off your hands .will explain more if we proceed.thx

2. S. Plotnicki

S. Plotnicki New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    I have a pair of tickets in the Club Level that are available for most games including Wigan this coming Saturday. Just pm me.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case anyone's interested, I got an e-mail recently about some cheap airfares from Chicago to London in the coming months. Using Kayak.com I got about $580 (all taxes, fees included) for a weekend in February. I know there are a lot of Chicago-based Gooners on here so just throwing it out there in case it's useful to anyone.

4. keeperbecks

keeperbecks New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Jersey City, NJ
    Hi. A friend and I are travelling from New York to London between Christmas and New Year's. I would be interested in purchasing Arsenal tickets for 28-Dec v Portsmouth if anyone can help me. My viewings of the Emirates have been limited to the grainy picture on FSC and Setanta, so it would be great to see in person.

5. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Learn how to read the very first bloody post before you start asking for tickets.

6. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    C'mon, at least he's requesting the appropriate time ahead...oh...wait...

:rolleyes:

7. bwach

bwach Member

Feb 18, 2006
    Cleveland

So I never managed to get the tickets, but went down with the family to Chelsea anyhow. Managed to find a friendly bar (that let's toddlers in:) to watch. Turned out pretty nice. Here's hoping for the same tomorrow.

Thought you guys might enjoy this pic I took afterwards of all the unhappy Chelsea fans leaving Stamford Bridge.

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everything's gone to shite since Rick B left....

9. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Not at all,I think the people doing it at the moment are doing a fine job.

10. The Grim Returner

The Grim Returner New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Anguilla
    ..and from what I understand the people providing the tickets are much happier now.

11. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I agree completely, I left the UK ten days after the end of the season and went into a election melt down Zim so didn't exactly put Meredith and Simon in the best of preparation. Being unable to send even an excel spreadsheet which I didn't realise until 3 months later that no e-mails with attachments sent didn't help. But considering they have less time than I had and not the best preparation I'm sure everything is good for any Americans coming over for games. However I don't appreciate the below.

Was that absolutely needed? By all means have a go at me about my Zimbabwe opinions - but if you want to have a go at me about tickets first just remember how you got into the Villereal CL semi away and Real Madrid away.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think it was more along the lines of not being stressed and people screwing over the ticket officier(s) like they have in the past.

13. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think the biggest gripe is the price rise from £40 to ZIM $9,000,000,000 a ticket ! :D ;)

14. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    I'm sure many people are very happy that they don't need a magnifying glass to find the ticket officer anymore.

:)

15. ArsenalSoccerDad

ArsenalSoccerDad New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just decided to take my son to London the weekend of March 14 for his birthday. I know it is way too late to get seats for Arsenal -Blackburn through Arsenal America. If anyone knows where I can buy 2 seats for my son and I for the game I am a buyer, anywhere in the stadium.

16. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I removed your email to save you from the spammers. You're better off just using personal messages on this site to start with. It might not be too late to sign up for red memberships and get them through the ticket exchange. But there are a few posters here with season tickets so you might get lucky.

17. ArsenalSoccerDad

ArsenalSoccerDad New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks Antifan, most especially for the "spam protection". I called the club offices in London and the red memberships appear closed. I'll see what the next few days bring with any ticket opportunities as there's till 2 weeks until I fly over.

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent you a pm recommending a matchday hospitality package from the club. If you can afford it, i feel it's your best option. I'd recommend it anyone who has run out of other options for tickets.

19. Ziegler1988

Ziegler1988 Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Arsenal will receive an allocation of 32,000 tickets for this fixture. With 38,000 season ticket holders, the away scheme season ticket holders will take preference, followed by platinum and then gold members, with at least 3 away credits over the last two seasons. After that it then cascades down the ranks of who holds what level of membership.

21. VAGunner

VAGunner New Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be heading across the pond for a week starting April 18 and will be attending the Boro home game the following weekend. I would like to catch the midweek game at Anfield. How difficult will it be to get tickets to the game (any easier because it's during the week??) Any suggestions on a good place to watch the FA cup game against Chelski??? Thanks
    -Ben

22. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would suggest going to "The Gunners", in Blackstock Road. At least you will be amongst home fans and in an environment that will be as close to being in the stadium without actually being there. Otherwise any lively pub on Holloway Road, that is an "Arsenal pub", which is pretty much most of them, or around the Finsbury Park area.

23. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    12 pins at Finsbury park is very lively

24. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have an extra friend from Norway coming over for the semi final game with Chelsea, so if anyone has a spare ticket, I am looking for an addtional one.

25. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    You and everybody else, friendo.