Arsenal Tix '08/'09

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by aa tickets, Jun 16, 2008.

1. aa tickets

aa tickets BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 13, 2007
    As the (preliminary) fixture list came out this morning, we thought we'd let you know that we're still working on fixing a few things with the ticketing system so we won't be processing any ticket requests for the time being. We will post again when everything's sorted and the floodgates are opened...

And for those of you who know Rick, he has indeed left beautiful London for Zimbabwe - for good, or so he says. Simon and I have taken over from him and will do our best to prevent any hiccups but you'll have to bear with us as we try to fill Rick's shoes (no size jokes, please).

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the Emirates this season!

-Meredith

2. GetEmGooners

GetEmGooners New Member

Mar 31, 2008
    B-MORE/JMU
    alright sounds good.

3. goonersf

goonersf New Member

Oct 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to you & Simon for taking on what can only be described as a HUGE undertaking.

4. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Werd...I'll stand by. I can only make one game while I'm there, so hopefully things will work out. :)

5. Cesc Flabbergast

Jun 18, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    thanks for the update!

6. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Thanks for taking over and helping us. Hope to see you both sometime this season...

7. G8TR_Gooner

G8TR_Gooner New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    The Garden State
    Many thanks for the update, Meredith.

Met you and Simon at the 'Boro match this season and have no doubt you and Simon will do a smashing job!

Jeff

8. akofman12345

akofman12345 New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    San Jose
    i think this might have been mentioned in a different thread but, if I need tickets to the first two games of the season, then does 10 week rule doesn't apply, right?

9. Ziegler1988

Ziegler1988 Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds good, thanks to you and Simon for taking over from Rick.
    Would be pretty hard since August 16th is less than 10 weeks away and tickets won't even go on sale until the fixture list is amended in early July :p.

10. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    biggSKIZZ and I will still be around to make sure people don't dare to be stupid[Wierd AL] on these threads and that they know how to read.

11. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And with that, let the show begin.

[​IMG]

12. Skizz

Skizz Guest

New season, new can of whoopass. :D

13. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Hi, I'm new here. Can I get tickets to the London Darrrby game? Oh and even if I get them, I can't promise showing up nor paying for them.

Thanks soooooo much!!

14. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    For those who are wondering, basically we have a set up something like this:

* about a half-dozen season tickets owned / controlled by ArsenalAmerica members

* about a half-dozen Silver memberships owned / controlled by ArsenalAmerica members

* occasional spares (< 3) sent our way by Arsenal or other supporter's groups when they have a few available.

* whatever we can get through the 'connections' of our ticket folks in London.

As you know, our previous ticket master was basically a master at the connections game. He knew everyone and everyone knew and trusted him as a good guy to offload spare tickets to as he would ensure they went to true fans and not to touts. This year Meredith and Simon are going to take up the reins, but we won't really know how many of these 'connection-type' tickets we can get until we go through a few games and get a general 'feel' for how things are this year. Did so and so renew, or did they come back from living abroad and need them, or is there kid old enough to use them himself this year, or is the kid off to college and they have an extra. We don't know until we meet up with some of these folks and get things going again.

It's going to require patience and honestly, some folks may not get to see their first choice match this year.

On our end, we're trying to work out a better membership system where id cards will be produced 'when purchased' and delivered electronically We're also hoping to have a system which will make things easier on those handling tickets so there is always enough credit on the card we use to buy tickets.

15. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Hi - I would like to go out on that proverbial limb and request one for Chelsea at home Sat 9 May (I am aware it likely will be moved) or United away Sat May 16(again I am aware this likely to be moved, and if the Liverpool away match is moved to either the week of the Chelsea or United match above I would like one for that too. I've croossed my fingers and toes , and thanks for your help in advance everyone!

BTW username is USMartin

16. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wow.... Here we go

At first I thought he was being sarcastic....

Go ahead and open that can, Skizz

17. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can't decide if it's...

[​IMG]

or...

[​IMG]

or...

[​IMG]

18. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    May science have mercy on us all...

19. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    You mean we're not working on the "I bagsied them first on a random thread" ticket system this year?

20. aphex

aphex Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh my science!!!

21. mcstumpe

mcstumpe New Member

Jun 17, 2008
    Thanks for taking over Meredith,

I am new to this, but looking to request tickets. How and when do I go about doing this. We will have proof of airfare as well. I am throwing myself at the mercy of the thread so go easy on me guys. Just need to know what the next step would be. We are expecting the game to be moved around a bit, but we will be there for the entire weekend, so I am hoping we would be covered.

Thanks for your time,

Mike

22. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    alright, i went off on this a bit in NYC but everyone who had to listen didn't need to hear it.

basically, pay when you are told to, whether it before before you have the tickets don't worry about it since you will be refunded if you don't get them. And if you don't pay and you don't have a ticket, don't take it personally.

my advice to simon and meredith, if they are reading, you have evey right to be a jerk/mean/demanding to people. You are going out of your way to help us Americans and people should go on your schedule. And for people who are getting tickets and don't like whatever guidelines/rules they have to follow, TOUGH. It's nothing personal, that is just how it has to be.

23. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Yeah, I think Pre-Pay was definitely a supported idea. We could also chip in for money collectors / enforcers. I think we should hire this guy. He does great work:

[​IMG]

24. idiparker

idiparker Member

Jul 23, 2000
    Hong Kong
    Pre-pay at time of ordering will almost certainly be part of the new system, at least to start, due to the 'crunch' that comes at the beginning of each season in which we have to order months worth of tickets before any person every sets foot in London. In previous years I've advanced (and others) ArsenalAmerica several thousand to cover the expenses but this year we would prefer to try some payment when ordering option with refunds sent if we're unsuccessful at finding tickets. It helps weed out bogus requests and guards against no-shows (of which we seem to have every season).

25. Ziegler1988

Ziegler1988 Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will the Arsenal America membership drive be in mid-July again?