Arsenal Reserves 2006-2007 [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mixmastermatt, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ChicagoGooner

ChicagoGooner New Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Chicago
    Well if they do make the bench, maybe they can get SWP's autograph. :D

2. magicgam1

magicgam1 Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Lausanne
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Gaël Clichy and Philippe Senderos continued their recovery from injury by playing in a 2-1 friendly defeat of Charlton on Tuesday. Clichy played 72 minutes, and Senderos all 90

3. Epikoinos

Epikoinos Soccer player-coach-manager-journalist

Arsenal, Real Salt Lake, Forward Madison
    United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    It seems Arsenal TV have finally listened to all those E-mails I have been sending them. :)

5. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    if they start showing all the reserve games live video on ATVO then ill have to sign up again X)

6. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    anyone gonna be going to the reserves v chelsea reserves monday night?

7. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I would but I gotta be back at Uni (Canterbury) because on Tuesday I got a 20 presentation to do at 10.30 am on Mobile Phones in the music industry and at 1.30 a 15 minute presentation on a song that I had to do a mixdown for.

8. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    nice job, what are u doing music production or something? they was talking about me going to university when i finished me BND music production course

9. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good stuff. I am doing a BA (Hons) in Creative Music Production though when I finish I would like to go into sound for Film, TV, Games, Animation.... that sort of thing (If anyone knows anybody who is looking for someone for that sort of stuff, send them my way or send me to them... either way ;) ). I did a Btech ND in Music took a couple of years out the and then came back and did a 2 year HND, now I am doing a 1.5 years BA (Hons). I am hoping to finigh and get me a job in another country, but will settle for work in England if need be for the time being. Do you think you will go to Uni and do Music? I would say that even though I have started my BA, if someone came along and offered me a job in music I would bite the hand off almost. Someone on my course was offered a job last week and I told him to take it if he can. I enjoy the course, but in a way it kind of limits your creativity. They teach you how to do things, but not always how you would like to do them. If you can't get a job in music straight away then this may be the best route.

10. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    Na, to be honest, ive cooled off on the whole thing a bit since i finished the course in 2004, i become a bit disillusioned with the sort of people i was dealing with on occasions and didnt fancy Uni at the time. theres alot of stuff holding you back, the further you go with the music education and my best work is what i have done in my own time in my own studio without having the restrictions i had at college. maybe ill go to Uni at some point to further my interest but i havnt got any plans at the moment. i just enjoy making my own music and distributing it myself as a hobby, nothing to serious

11. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    OMG, every single word of your post couldn't be more true. Especially the comment about the people you deal with. Thats why I want to go into sound for TV/Film etc... Music is just full of ego's and dicks and I don't like it. I took two years out when I finished my Btech because I was so disillusioned with the whole thing. When I first started the course in 2000 I was full optimism and absoloute love of music. When I finished in 2002 I was so drained and sadened that I could not face music. I managed to sum up the strength to care enough to go to uni in 2004 but I still don't enjoy music much. It's so bad that I try to avoid listening to it when ever I can. I do it though because it is what I am good at.

The comment about your best work being done in your own time is spot on. I find that my best compositions and mixdowns are done in my owntime. The only part of my uni subject that I truely enjoyed was Audio Visual. Just making music and sounds for Videos... I love it so much.

Dude, seriously, were gonna have to hook up at the next match, Everton on the 28th.

12. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    yea definatly, is that the game we have to be in half hour earlier?

13. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, although I always arrive at the stadium by 11.15. No difference for me then. But more Moolah!

14. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Update on Carlos Vela

15. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    I was looking forward to seeing Merida against Chelsea but he isn't even in the squad tonight.

Apparently he played in the U-18 game against Norwich, we won 3-1.

16. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    any1 know the current score?

17. Epikoinos

United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    arsenal 1-2 chelsea 75th minute

chelsea scored first

then arsenal goal on a PK by randall -- i think simpson drew it? looked questionable to me.

chelsea scored about a minute later

18. Epikoinos

United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    final

arsenal 1:2 chelsea

19 -- ben sahar
    39 -- mark randall (pen)
    40 -- scott sinclair // tapped in cross from michael woods

senderos goes full 90

19. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Senderos and Flamini both struggled.

Chelsea dominated.

20. Epikoinos

United States
    Jan 6, 2004
    Oregon, WI
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    admittedly, i did not see the whole match, only stretches here and there.

from what i saw, though, senderos was ok. flamini was non-existent. traore looked pretty good.

21. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    i was impressed with jay simpson, he looked lively. matt connelly also looked quite good and had a better game than senders. senders struggled abit with the pace of the game, sometimes running about seeming lost. his distribution was shocking, for me. his tackling was brilliant all game tho, ill give him that. i wanted to see merida and denilson tho so i was a bit disappointed by that but maybe we'll see a glimpse of the boy tommorow.

22. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    im surprised merida wasnt in this fixture? any reason or assumptions?

denilson is making the trip to moscow so i hope we see him play! wenger is molding him to be DM but other people talk about his offensive prowess, so we will see.

as for this game, im a bit worried that flamini was in this game and didnt make much of a difference, his confidence must be really low. senderos went a full 90, thats great! cant wait to see him back, although with clichy back he will have a tough time breaking into the starting line up.

23. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    from what arsene was saying on the website, denilson sounds like a similar player to gilberto but a little more useful going forward with a better distribution, which would make for a smashing player!....

"He's a little bit in between Tomas Rosicky and Gilberto," said Wenger. "He's more a defensive midfielder, maybe he's not the final ball giver like Cesc Fabregas but he's a good link player. I saw him when I was watching another player in Brazil [Ramon].''

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?...e=Denilson+in+18-man+squad+for+trip+to+Moscow

24. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Its the North London derby tonight at Barnet. I hope the reserves ********ing do 'em!

25. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Line up for tonight:

Arsenal Reserves

Vito Mannone
    Gavin Hoyte