Arsenal Reserves 2006-2007 [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by mixmastermatt, Aug 28, 2006.

1. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe a little bit more, but not much. TBH, I think if we had won on Saturday then he would of got more abuse, but I think a lot of the fans thought we could do with him back.

2. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Neil Banfield has made Matt Connolly the new captain for this season. He says he thinks Connolly may make a few appearances in the first team this season but he feels that he also needs some responsability this season. He said he has given him the captaincy as he feels a few of the reserves will be in and out of the team alot and that Matt needs to be a bit more vocal and a bit more of a leader. Here is a small snippet of his quotes from the website:

"Matthew Connolly will be the captain of the Reserve side this season. The lads come in and go out of the team so we need someone who is going to be there for the majority of the season. We hope Matthew will get into the first team but he will be Reserves captain this year."

Next game is Spurs away @ Stevenage (cant remember the name of their ground) its on 11th September.

3. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    No - I believe they are saving him for the Carling Cup.

4. ChristianSark

ChristianSark Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Off-topic here but did anyone else see that the Ladies beat Fulham over the weekend 14-0? I knew they were good but that's almost cruel.

5. deaner1971

deaner1971 Member+

Aug 10, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our ladies team is just beyond anything that anyone else has. It is my understanding that we have the vast majority of the women's internationals and that Arsenal does a far superior job of supporting its ladies' team compared to everyone else. I also believe that we won the double last year.

6. Rashida

Rashida Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY

I wanna go, do you happen to know where they play?

7. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'll be following all the players in the reserve/youth set ups but the people I want to watch closely are Ryan Garry, Armand Traore, Vincent Van Den Berg and obviously Fran the man Merida!

Garry is due some luck and hopefully he can fulfill his promise with a good injury free run. He may play in some Carling Cup games too while the first team is probably a bit far away this season, but who knows???

I think its obvious why ill be monitoring Armand and Fran. Such sweet potential... :)

I'll be mainly looking out for VVDB ( :confused: ) because he is very much an unknown quantity for me. Another technically gifted Dutch talent or another Glen Helder??

8. Rashida

Rashida Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY
    Where the Sp*rs reserves play, I mean.

9. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Which means that Connolly wont be playing for the 1st team this season...

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's hope not, unless its the Carling Cup.

12. Rashida

Rashida Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Brooklyn, NY

Thanks!

I actually went to the Sp*rs website to try and find this information, but of course, they couldn't be logical and post it.
    :mad:

13. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Heres the line up for tonights game (sept 11) vs Spurs

Lee Butcher, Ryan Garry, Armand Traore, Joe O’Cearuill, Matthew Connolly, Francisco Merida Perez, Nacer Barazite, Giorgos Efrem, Mark Randall, Jay Simpson, Vincent van den Berg

Subs: Wojciech Szczesny, Abu Ogogo, Gavin Hoyte, Paul Rodgers (Thats all the subs named on Arsenal.com)

A very young team, will look forward to seeing a match report. Anybody go?

14. bigp

bigp New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    TDOT
  15. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going on that quite possibly baised reports it sounds like Garry is really playing poorly (gave up a penalty, backpassed for their 2nd goal, and other mistakes). :(

good news is that Barazite and Merida both scored to get us level (by the 64min).

Come on boys keep on scoring. 2 down to 3 up would be nice.

16. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    Merida scored on a 30 yard FK. Wow, he's going to be special.

17. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    This is his second goal in the reserves in like 2 gsames right??

18. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full time.

Spurs 2-2 Arsenal

A win would have been nice but to fight back from 2 goals down is still a decent result. Looking forward to seeing the highlights later.

19. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Wow, going by the report on Arsenal.com Merida was spectacular!! Spraying passes, putting people through, scoring goals......how could you not be excited about this kid!

This was his debut gunner0007

20. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd forgotten about this game untill half hour before kick off. When I remembered I couldnt decide whether to stay or go, but when I read Spurs were charging £5 entrance I thought ******** off. I will just go and see the same lineup for free next time they play in Barnet.

21. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    merida really seems like hes going to be special. im sure he has about 5 goals already. not bad for a CM ay? :D . if he keeps this progress up i wouldnt be surprised to see him get a look in at the first team this season. cesc better watch his back!
    i really wanna go watch him in a couple of reserve or youth games but its such a journey for me :(

22. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ya .. read it in the Arsenal site too .. ANy video links ?!

23. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    It may have officiallly been his debut but he did play on the Arsenal team and he did score before, im sure of it.

24. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just watched the highlights from ATVO and Merida looked great-intelligent passing that led to the 1st goal and a great free kick for the 2nd! :D

25. mixmastermatt

mixmastermatt Member

Nov 18, 2003
    St Albans, England
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I am going to upload the highlights of last nights game if anyone is intrested.