Arsenal Pre-Season Tour to Austria 2007 - Dates

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Rick B, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Yes, it really is that time of year again where it starts to get nearer to summer!!

Arsenal will once again be in Bad Waltersdorf in South Eastern Austria from the 17th to the 25th July. The rumoured games are against Middlesbrough who are at the same place from the 9th to the 18th July and against Saltzberg on the 25th.

More news will I am sure filter through when we know it.

2. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    finally...now to see if I can make it work.

Thanks Rick.

3. Suckafree

Suckafree Member

Sep 16, 2002
    B-Town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
  5. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is so tempting.....and Sean bought a new bike so we are even on the Paris trip...... :p

6. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    It's too far to cycle ??????Steph:eek: what have you been drinking?

7. Shibby13

Shibby13 New Member

May 2, 2006
    NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rick have you heard anything about maybe a possible U.S. preseason tour in the future, espeically with this new partnership with the Rapids?

8. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its definitely not happening this year. With dates for Austria, a preseason tournament at the Grove and CL qualifiers, there's no chance. I'd say check back next year, but with Euro 2008, i don't see that happening either.

9. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Afternot going last year through the World Cup, I think that i'll try and make it this year.
    Have you seen my mountain chalet there yet Steph? ;) :D

10. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm in my last year of school and July sees me 2 months short of 18...so I guess I'll have to put this one off aswell.:rolleyes:

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can one of the mods please move this thread to the travel forum please?

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Rick, so who's going to Austria. I'm trying to get my plans together. I'm thinking about taking in the Hungarian GP, which is about a week later on Aug 5th. Also thinking of heading down to Slovenia and/or Croatia, and trying to figure out how to get in a quick trip to Rome too. I know Phishy was talking about being in Austria, who else is in?

13. canadagooner

canadagooner Member

Jul 31, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I'm in, already booked my flight to london for Barnet, then on to Austria and back for the 28-29 July Emirates tourney. I leave on the 30th

14. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I might be in. Depends on univ and the work situation.

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just sent in a booking request for the Quellen, from the 16th to the 25th. I'm waiting to hear back, as they don't do online booking. I just requested a single, but i might ask how much for a bigger room.

16. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

May 12, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Now that I have seen the dates of the games, I am going to book my flight later on today. :)

17. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to hold back on booking flights right now. I still need to figure out what my itinerary is going to be. I just want to get some hotel rooms sorted. They're alot easier to change and cancel than flights.

18. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I'm checking to see if I can pull off the trip to Salzburg.

19. ChampsIn07/08

ChampsIn07/08 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Hi all new to this but I am trying to coordinate a trip for the preseason trip to Austria and the Emirates. Any help would be appreciated, flying out of Boston.
    Thanks!!

20. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    All the info is on the thread, post any questions you have. Games are 18th and 25th July. I need to know by the 10th July for tickets, especially if we want VIP tickets which I can arrange.

21. ChampsIn07/08

ChampsIn07/08 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Thanks. I would like to watch the game on the 25th, fly in on the 24th and mybe catch a training session? Then i would go to the emirates tournament. Any advice on the hotel stays in Austria and England? I am intersted in the VIP tickets. Hoe do i go about getting one. Thanks!

22. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    Training camp is in Bad Waltersdorf near Graz. Sessions are normally about 10.00 -12.00 and then 16.00 - 18.00. The match on the 25th is in Salzburg.

If you fly to anywhere but Graz you've got quite a long train journey to get to BW. Distances aren't big but BW is on a little branch line. If you hire a car you can drive from Vienna in about 90 minutes or Salzburg in about 3 hours. Graz is about 45 minutes.

Hotels in BW - the team stay in a ************* There's 4* called the Quellen. 3* called the Fischer and a guest house called Haus Sabine. All of these are used by Gooners. If you Google Bad Waltersdorf you can find a site with English translation showing a long list of places.

Check some of the other travel threads for hotels in London.

23. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe

First year we went we were asked not to stay or put about the players hotel as they would attract loads of unwanted attention at the hotel. The idea was to give us access to the players at the training ground, but to leave them alone at the hotel - thats why I removed it.

24. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't matter, they don't have any available rooms anyway. And i still haven't heard back from the Quellen.

25. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    Perhaps you should tell IFCS to take it off their website then :rolleyes:

http://www.footballcampstyria.com/default.asp?lang=2 Click on "location" and scroll down.