Arsenal Forum Question

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by -WiLL-, Oct 26, 2004.

1. -WiLL-

-WiLL- Member

Jun 23, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    I'm not some Man U fan, making fun of you or anything.. but what are you gonna do about that forum tagline thing? Leave it how it is? Put an L on the end of it? Get rid of it and start again?

Just wondering..

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck no. It stays until the season is over.

Their undefeated season is definitely unique and a stunning accomplishment. Nobody can take it away from them.

Personally, aside from who I pretend to support, - I love Arsenal's style of play. Their passing and ability to score goals defined last season. it should be remembered as one of the best teams we have ever seen and is certainly far better than the Man U treble winning team.

3. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Did you make this thread because I asked if they would close that "2 Invincibles" Thread in the Chelsea Forum?

Dont Bite My Style!!

[​IMG]

-N1

4. rgrayson

rgrayson New Member

Jan 20, 2004

Has it changed at all this year...?

5. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    it represents the 38 game unbeaten season, so it stays for the year

6. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Jeez Motter - thankyou so much for the kind words. It's nice to know you're thinking of us at this difficult time........ :D

7. naggi

naggi Member

Feb 15, 2002
    san francisco
    True, but it's all about results isn't it ;-)

Watching Arsenal attack is such a pleasure sometimes, that sometimes I forget that I'm rooting for them and just watch with a sense of detachment at the marvelous movement and touches. It could almost be a kids' instruction video on how to pass and to move without the ball. The only other team that I remember watching as a pure art form was Real Madrid in the game against ManU game years ago when RM won 3-1. But I don't know if they played that way week in and week out like Arsenal have done recently. Having been a fan before we began playing like this, it makes me very proud that the team can play in a way that makes neutrals and non-neutrals admire.

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uhh, did Sunday's loss somehow retro-actively apply to last season?
    No?
    Well then the tag stays....since.....wait for it......

....it represents the unbeaten 03/04 season.

9. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    The ManU forum is still going with "We Got Our Trophy Back". I had no idea the FA Cup meant so much to them inasmuch as Fergie pulled 'em out of it a few years back.

10. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Oh dear. There is being diplomatic and just being stupid. Arsenal were unable to transform their form into every competition. Man Utd were able to and thus won the treble. Therefore, the Man Utd treble winning side will always be better than the current Arsenal side.

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Here we were, having a nice conversation, and you come in and put a monkey wrench in our plan.

Thank you again for ruining another perfectly nice thread.

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Like I said, there is being nice and then being stupid. Yes, the unbeaten run was a great achievement, but is pales into insignificance compared to a team managing to achieve a treble. All I ask is for a bit of unbiased perspective. You know the wind-up merchants will attack this thread later on today. At least I am adding some comment as opposed to an all out piss-take.

13. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    United's treble was incredible....an achievement that will be very difficult for anyone to repeat and if I were a United fan, of course I would brag about it.

That being said....if you weren't such a moron you would've realized that Motter's post was edited by Rick as a joke. Few people, if any and especially not Motterman, think that the unbeaten season matches the treble.

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Unfortunately, at 3:36 in the morning, I don't tend to notice small details. That being said, nice one Rick. :D

15. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Does no one sleep in Scotland?

16. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    There is a night out every night. Just watching the World Series at the moment. Come on the Red Sox.

17. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    What is a treble?
    Premiership, FA Cup, and Champions League title?

(i'm a newbie)

18. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    well that is THE treble, if you win three trophys in a year it can be a treble. I belive Liverpool won the UEFA Cup, League and FA Cups in one year and called it a treble

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Liverpool won the "Loser's Treble". :D