Arsenal and Englan U18 Star Jailed 9 Years for Rape :O

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by jumhed, Nov 15, 2003.

1. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thursday, Nov 13, 2003

A promising young Arsenal and England footballer has been jailed for 9 years for his part in a string of vicious sex attacks on women as young as 14.

Marcus Artry, 18, from Olive Road, Cricklewood, took part in three different assaults, dragging one 14-year-old into a public toilet, telling her: "You are going to lose your virginity."

Artry, who has been a member of the Arsenal youth team for eight years and represented England at Under-18 level, attacked the women between March 2002 and February 2003, along with 18-year-old Kyle Reid, from Woolwich, and a 17-year-old and 14-year-old who cannot be named for legal reasons.

Artry was convicted of one charge of rape, one of indecent assault, and one of indecency with child. the youngest member of the gang, who is now 15, was also convicted of rape, having earlier pleaded guilty to two charges of indecency with child, one charge of indecent assault and one of unlawful intercourse. Both he and Artry were jailed for 9 years each. Reid was jailed for 18 months and the 17-year-old was jailed for two years.

A spokeswoman for Arsenal confirmed that Artry's contract had been terminated.

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's just freaking sick man...

3. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Hope they get to toss plenty of salads inside... no, that is not a sarcastic remark - I'm fucking serious.

4. Di7seconds

Di7seconds New Member

Feb 11, 2003
    Land of the Free!!!!
    The ultimate justice will be them getting railed in the shower by a large man with a taste for little boys. I hope as they are getting ravaged, the men whispers in their ear "You are going to lose your virginity." Anally of course.

5. lagerbhoy

lagerbhoy New Member

Oct 22, 2003
    Parkhead
    Is male on male rape really all that prevelant in British prisons? I had heard that it was not.

6. seahawkdad

seahawkdad Spoon!!!

Jun 2, 2000
    Lincoln, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, maybe, but there's a quote attributed to Churchill that goes something like this: "Spare me this plea about the tradition of the British Navy. The traditions of the British Navy are rum, sodomy, and the lash!"

7. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    You know what,i left England about 14 years ago ,4 yrs ago i returned for a visit and was shocked by the lack of "equal" rights women have over there compared to the U.S. I think i was actually looking from the outside for the first time,at a society i was living in myself.I believe that is why women are treated in such a manner.Of course rapes happen here in the U.S.,but the fact that so many of these cases happen involving athletes is disturbing.I hope this kid get's what Rapists usually get in Jail,and i hope his career is over as a lesson.