News: Arsenal America Road Trip 2009

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Maryland_Gunner14, Aug 21, 2009.

1. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    We crave updates!

2. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    Slightly peeved to be asked by one of the Americans "did you go to the game today"

Still - how was he to know!

3. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was it the use of the word game or the fact that the question was actually asked that was the most annoying? ;)

4. Lanesra

Lanesra BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 13, 2003
    LONDON
    Just been to see the the Guy's play against The Arsenal staff,they mixed the teams up due to the short numbers from here that showed up,at the time I left,and everyone was still alive:) and no one had let themselves down on the pitch.
    The pub after may be a different matter:D

Foolishly left the memory card from my camera at home,but bob took plenty and I'm sure they will appear here when he gets the chance,including some rascal interfering with the one of Ashley cole,and another of Bentley's boots.

Some people!!

5. Maryland_Gunner14

Maryland_Gunner14 New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So here are some quick updates:

Arsenal v. Villa . . . absolutely fantastic match. We had great seats over the away supporters section. The Hospitality was . . . well, I am glad that we went. We won't be doing that again on the April trip. Too much money for so so food. We got some great pics at the match, and there were plenty of first timers at the match.

Arsenal Supporters v. Arsenal FC Staff match . . . shocked . . . in awe . . . was not sure what to expect, but a great game of footie was what we got. Let's just say they (Arsenal FC) brought the young fit squad. We brought the "seasoning." They split the teams, which made it fun. They also provided us with kits . . . and I don't mean jersey's from the gift shop. These were the real deal, welded seam shirts that the players play in. So we had home and away kits. All of the yanks played well. They had two players who were registered in the Arsenal Youth Academy from the Ashley Cole days. Needless to say, they were very good. No major injuries to report, and in the end, it was the first game of it's type. We will be doing it again in April.

Portsmouth v. Arsenal . . . the atmosphere was simply fantastic. Away games are much more "involved." Every American that attended said the same thing . . . "what an amazing experience, and the singing was fantastic." We did not stop singing until we were back on the coaches to go home. Plus we all learned a number of new songs . . . and they shall be taught to those of us that do not know them . . . we can call it an "educational experience."

We are about to meet up with some folks for New Year's Eve, and then off to Cambridge tomorrow to watch Stevenage play Cambridge in the 2nd Division. Some of us are going to Fulham on Saturday, and then it's West Ham v. Arsenal on Sunday.

All in all, this was a packed week of events. I have simply been blown away by the Americans on this trip. Gracious, passionate, and proud Arsenal Americans.

More updates on AA tomorrow. I will send out the announcement for the Road Trip in April shortly.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

JT:)

6. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad you guys are having a great time! We want pictures when you return!

7. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Great trip. Finally home.

8. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely interested in hearing about the April trip. Glad you guys had fun.