News: Arsenal America 2009/2010 Ticket Requests for Home Matches through 12-31-09

Discussion in 'Arsenal Tickets and Travel' started by Maryland_Gunner14, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Grimster

The Grimster Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Edmonton
    They'll have to come through me first!

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Quick question as I'm sure some others might want to know the answer to this: What about Cup finals(Carling, FA, Champions League)? Those considered away matches since they are at neutral grounds?

3. Maryland_Gunner14

Maryland_Gunner14 New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ArsenalTexan, that is a great question. We can only get tickets for matches that are played at Emirates. That applies to CL, FA Cup, and CC games. If it is played at home, we will do our best to get tickets for everyone.

Unfortunately, the away matches are another issue all together. The club gives preference to Gold Members, then Silver, and then Red. Most away matches sell out between the Gold and Silver Members, which is why you never see them on general sale. Most clubs (Arsenal included) only have between 3,000 and 6,000 away seats.

So, as soon as we make it to the next round of the CL, we can begin taking ticket requests for the home legs. The same goes for the FA Cup and CC.

I hope this helps.

4. drewn

drewn New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Hey guys,
    I just signed up to these forums, but I've been reading them for a little while...I'm trying to get tickets on Boxing Day against Aston Villa, so I signed up for AA and put in a ticket request. My only question is: what are the odds I actually get these tickets? I know I can't be a priority because I signed up to AA so recently, but I want to make sure I'm doing my best to get them in one way or another.

5. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're chances should be pretty good. That's when the Arsenal America roadtrip is, so i think they have a block of tickets for that game. It all depends on how many people have signed up already, but i think you should be fine.

6. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Hey drewn...you are to be highly commended for following the protocol
    of these ticket requests on your first venture into this forum, and your first ticket application...well played.
    As Antifan said, you should stand a good chance....all the best.

7. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drewn,

Shoot me a note if you want to come on the Road Trip. I can send you all of the specifics.

Best,
    Josh

josh@arsenalamerica.com

8. drewn

drewn New Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Thanks for all the help...I'm very impressed at how AA is run (but not so impressed with Arsenal on how difficult they make it to get tickets). I've looked into other London teams like Chelsea and Fulham just as a back up if I can't get tickets for Arsenal (not that I'd really want to see them, but one PL game is better than nothing, right?) and their ticketing is...less than stellar.

And Josh, I'm going to send an email over...Mark from AA also suggested that I talk to you.

9. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    drewn,

I got your note. We can chat off line. Arsenal sells out for almost every match, minus the lower teams in the CC. Other than that, tickets never go on general sale. It's the nature of the beast. I will be in touch.

2-Nil to the Arsenal. Mancs Suck.

Best,
    Josh

10. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoping to make it over in February for a few matches (will be my first ever as well!). Anyway, I renewed my premium membership but it stated something about being due by July 31st. It still let me renew so I'm assuming I'm okay. Is that a cut-off date for somebody new? Just trying to make sure everything is squared away before I make some requests. I have a few friends (who I've converted to football and Arsenal) that might be interested in coming over with me and I'd like to make sure I can get them tickets as well, should they become AA Premium members on time. Thanks for any clarification!

11. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It says pretty clearly that new memberships are available through February.

http://www.arsenalamerica.com/arsenalamerica-membership/

12. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Josh

13. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Columbus, Oh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey, new member, just discovered Arsenal America recently and would have loved to have discovered this option sooner, though I guess it may not have done me any good, due to bad luck when it comes to trip timing.

I'm going to be in (or between) London and Glasgow during the last week in Dec and the first week of Jan, so the only match it'd be feasible for me to attend would be the Aston Villa match--which Arsenal America is not accepting ticket requests for, due to their road trip. Alas.

Of course, now that it's past the 12 weeks prior notice that is required, I guess the point is moot. ;]

Any other suggestions, or want to commiserate?

Good luck to anyone else looking for tickets though. Worst case scenario, I guess I can wait 'til next trip. I think. Hopefully.

14. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Send them an email, last i heard they still had some Aston Villa tickets available. They were supposed to be for participants in the road trip, but i never understood how a member going to a game at that time wouldn't be a participant.

15. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Columbus, Oh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Heh. I suppose I should have done that from the beginning, but didn't want to be another one of those people who just didn't read the rules. I was under the impression that by going on the road trip you were expected to be there for at least two of the matches scheduled during the trip and attend the tour. All of which I would love to do, but as I am going with friends who aren't Gooners it may not be possible. I'm sure they're an understanding bunch though.

I will send an email after work tonight and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the encouragement.

16. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure what the rules are, but by participating in the road trip, i would expect nothing more than showing up at the pub before and after the game and meeting up with the other members. But that's me. Send an email, it can't hurt to ask.

17. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Piobaireachd, we still have slots open for the Road Trip. You don't have to attend all of the matches to be a part of the trip. Let me know if you want to go. My e-mail is josh@arsenalamerica.com.

JT

18. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Told ya so...

19. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd New Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Columbus, Oh
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    @antifan :p

And email sent, thanks both of you. Still have my fingers crossed.

20. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

Have a good trip!

21. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So catching up on my ticket processes (haven't look in a while), I guess it's too late to request any tickets for Hull City on Dec. 19 since it's < 3 months away, huh? Bummer. Is it worth trying anyway?

Just had a trip come up to the UK and I'm hoping I might have the chance to make it to my first Arsenal match. Would be coming alone though, probably!

22. Maryland_Gunner14

Jun 16, 2008
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Fantastic. I'll put it in ASAP. Thanks for the help!

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+

Nov 7, 2005
    Bloomington, Ind.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kudos to Arsenal America. You guys really have things going smoothly. <48 hours from ticket request to ticket secured!

25. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    yes!!!!!! :D