ArseAm Needs YOU!

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by jwaldman11, Oct 3, 2003.

1. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    For those who haven't been on the main ArsenalAmerica page (www.arsenalamerica.com), Rick has posted something looking for donations so that we can have an official ArsenalAmerica banner made to bring to Highbury with us in December. The banner would cost around $300, so if every member chips in $1, we'll be able to announce our presence to all of Highbury! I've already donated my $10, getting us 1/30th of the way there, so let's work together and get the other 29/30th there!

2. Goldy

Goldy New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    New Jersey
    I made a donation even though I am not on the road trip as I feel it is important to spread the word about arsenalamerica.
    One question, if you don't get enough cash, what happens to the money, are refunds given out?
    I for one am happy to let you keep my donation and put it towards the site. Don't get exited, it wasn't that much!

3. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    i'm not going but i put in $5 for you guys. i went to london this summer and just walking out of the arsenal tube station i started to get goosebumps. i couldn't stop smiling and i'm sure all of the residents on avenell road thought i was some crazy that had just escaped from an institution

4. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Reminds me one of my favorite photos I took but came out poorly unfortunately was down in the Picadilly Line of the Station List on which it says of course ARSENAL between Holloway Road(my failing memory fails me again) and Finsbury Park. I LOVED that. Which does NOT explain why I never took the photos at the ARSENAL Tube Station Itself. Guess that's why I'm going over on the Road Trip. After I pay the vet for my cat(Diabetic bloke) I'll see if I can't put a few bills in...

5. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be dropping a dime or two in the ArseAm collection plate, but this discussion about the tube got me thinking. I would love to have a T-shirt with the Arsenal station Underground symbol on it. Maybe that can be the next ArseAm shirt from Cafe Press...

6. dwinkler

dwinkler New Member

Aug 11, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Do you mean like this?:
    http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/printshop/

7. Grateful Gooner

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    YES!!!!!!

Dan, as if you needed any more ammo in your coolness gun! You are definitely the man!

Thanks buddy!

8. CDNGooner

CDNGooner New Member

I just made my humble donation. I'm going on the trip as well and you've just caused me to make a trip to the London Transport Museum to pick up an Arsenal Underground shirt. This is in addition to the 2003 Arsenal Away Jersey I plan to purchase! Need to save more money . . .

9. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    yeh, london=most expensive city ever

10. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    No, I think Tokyo wins that award.

It is expensive, but if you stay away from the tourist traps, you can do okay.

11. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    Maybe there can be an update in a week or so to let us know how close to the goal we are, average contribution, etc.?

12. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paris would fit that bill too.

Well, unfortunately I have a little nuisance called school in the way so I can't make the trip. But I dropped in a small amount for the banner. Hope you get enough for the banner, and I hope we can get a nice pic of it up on BS soon too!

13. Aaron Stollar

Aaron Stollar Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Falls Church, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Done and Done

Glad I could help

Aaron

14. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Dan's coolness factor is quite stratospheric, to say the least. Plus all of his arguments have sound reasoning and logic behind them. Almost makes me forgive him for being an Avalanche fan....

15. runes777

runes777 New Member

Oct 15, 2002
    chicago
    im not going either,but i threw in cause its the right thing to do! one last thing,rick at arseamer,why have you not responded to my numerous requests regarding gingers in chicago on the pub guide,and a chicago chapter house? whats the deal man?????

16. Grateful Gooner

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Runes - To come to Rick's defense in his absence; Apparently there was/is a problem with his ArseAm email, and he has not been getting any direct emails for some time now. Try sending a message to Andy...

17. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Runes and Arsenalfan,

Rick's a slack-arse.

He'll give you all kinds of excuses about arsenalamerica email being down, about his computer at home being out of commission for about 3 weeks now, but mostly he's just a lazy bum.

I'm sure he'll try to get back to you today Runes.

A big thank you to all those who have contributed. It is very much appreciated. We still need some more dosh though. If you can contribute $5 God bless. If it is only a buck or two, that is also welcome. We need right about another $100. Did I mention that if we don't meet our goal I'll shoot my son's puppy?*

*My son doesn't have a puppy. I would just shoot a random puppy.#

#I would never shoot a puppy. A cat however...

18. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
  19. asfoolasiam

asfoolasiam New Member

Jul 2, 2001
    Takoma Park
    Club:
    DC United
    Speaking of which, I hope y'all got a chance to check out the Martin Keown gallery at the Guardian's website. Here's the link: http://www.football.guardian.co.uk/gallery/0,8555,1055221,00.html

The "What's up, *#*#*#*#*#cat?" pic is classic! :)

EDIT: gdamn, the folks who run BigSoccer are such fcuking prudes: that's "What's up, pusssycat?"

20. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Gang,

Those of you who made donations, thank you. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your generosity. The VAST majority of those that donated gave $5 or more, sometimes significantly more. Those of you who donated, expect a token of appreciation from me in the future. Perhaps an Arsenal game programme or something I pick up at the Euro 2004 Draw or World Cup 2006 draw. I'll be going to those and then meeting up in London with the crew (fingers crossed). Even if you aren't going to London this time, please think about making a small contribution.

We are very close to our goal. If just a handful of you can find it in your wallets, we'd really appreciate it.

Just go to www.arsenalamerica.com , you'll see the link in the upper right side.

Thanks,

21. MNGooner

MNGooner New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Minnesota
    Consider it done.

22. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Just chipped in. Judging by the examples I've seen, I think this is going to look great! Especially at Highbury.

23. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I can donate. Give me till tomorrow. I'll use pay pal. I hope the t.v. cameras pick it up!! What a cool idea. :)

24. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Donating as we speak. I expect you all to have fun and yell extra loud for me. Not too much to ask for is it? :)

25. 442

442 Member

Dec 28, 2000
    Secret ArseAm HQ
    Very important question. Need UK Gooners in particular to answer this one:

For our ArseAm banner, I was planning it to be in the St. George's Cros style, and then have both US and Canadian flags within it.

Would people in the UK find it offensive to have the US and Canadian flags on the England flag?

Now, personally I see all kinds of crazy things on soccer flags that use the St. George style, but I don't want to go over there and have somebody say, "Oi mate, what is that all about?" then smash a beer bottle on my head.

So please, I need to hear from you as we are ready to order the flag.

Thanks,