Arrogant Europeans think you are stupid!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by domingo, Nov 4, 2004.

1. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Amazing how this statement has been turned into something anti-american.
    I mean even some Kerry voters feel attacked.
    Where did I actually write "Americans are stupid"?

2. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I already told you in my opening post that you are stupid.
    And now you are proving it in such a brilliant way.
    Thanks!

3. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well we read this...

Than we inferred that your meaning in that statement was that you thought we were stupid,even though you didn't actually write the words"Americans are stupid".

BTW,anyone who doesn't think that's what you meant needs a reading comprehension brushup.

And if you didn't meant to imply that Americans are stupid,you need to polish your rhetorical skills.

4. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maybe it´s language barrier. But I thought the words "The majority of the american voters just reelected ...." were clear enough.

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Is this clear enough?

"The day I start worrying about what Europeans think of me is the day I need someone to put a bullet in my head."

6. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That´s my point!

7. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Your point is that I don't give a rats ass what the average European on the ground thinks?

That's a funny way to make a point.

8. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes. Explanation: If you don´t look around and check what other people think of your politics, the USA is an irresponsable superpower and your president is a bad "leader of the free world". Simple.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, I was sort of thinking the same thing.

Aren't they the ones that roll out the nationalist and borderline bigoted prose every time En-ger-land has a big match against "the Huns" or "the Argies" or someone else?

With friends like that...

10. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That means that we germans get a lot of compliments from the daily mirror (well, i don't know whether they have called us dumb yet, but I just take bad words in generall...)

11. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Wait, you think we need to be a RESPONSIBLE superpower???? Then what the hell is the point of being a superpower to begin with if we can't flex our muscle every now and then? And I think the US has been more than responsible considering we didn't turn Afghanistan into a solid sheet of glass. Sure, collateral damage would have been high, but I guaran-damn-tee you that bin Laden wouldn't be making videos anymore.

It's like Dennis Leary says: "You know why we're a superpower? 'Cause we got the bombs, OK?"

12. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ coach

Well, if you think that is enough responsability...
    And yeah, I know way the US is a superpower. But the "why" is not important in this case.

13. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    What the hell do we owe most of Europe, anyway? The UK, yes, they have stuck by us through thick and thin. To them we have some debt, but France? Ungrateful bastards who turn up their noses at our existence and somehow forget that when the Nazi war machine came calling they not only answered the door but signed the petition, as well? And then we (The US, UK, and Canada) had to come along and spill gallons of our blood to get their country back.

Germany? Twice we've had to drag our asses across an ocean to drive them back into their own country, and I actually like them.

When disasters happen anywhere on the globe, who always shows up with aid? The US, that's who, and I don't remember any French Red Cross tents set up in Florida this year, nor do I remember and Germans running around the Northwest when Mt. St. Helens blew her top in the 80's.

The US helps more people around the world than any other country, yet we are the most hated nation on earth. It boggles the mind.

14. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    @ coach

All good points. But then why do you fight the war on terror in such a wrong way?

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, many of us are descendants of people who came from Europe, right? Maybe that is where our stupidity strain comes from.

So, our ancestors are buried in Europe, and I guess we do owe the Europeans something. Being as we are descendants of european colonialist thieves, maybe we should go back and colonize Europe and take whatever little is left of the wealth that they still haven't squandered from all that they stole from the Americas.

(Sorry, maybe this crap belongs in rivalries, but so does the rest of this thread)

:D

16. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Who are you to say it's "wrong"? That's like me saying England's policy on immigration is "wrong".

Listen to the wisdom from "Different Strokes", my friend:

"What might be right for you, may not be right for some"

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Return the Malvinas and then pop off. Your troops and mercenaries have no business in the South Atlantic.

:D

18. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What do I mean with wrong?
    attacking Iraq--> no connections to 9/11, no WMD
    therefore not having enough resources for the real terrorists

Guantanamo--> Locking up people with no rights to see a lawyer

--> using old threats to raise the terror alert

I am not the kind of guy who thinks that there shouldn´t be a war on terrorism. Afghanistan was a good target IMO.

19. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    C'mon...we've got a whole cool color scheme that we use to frighten our citizens with: yellow, orange and Jesusland Red. And knowing what the color of the day is, Joe Sixpack can...do nothing but be afraid.

20. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    No, I can leave the house with extra ammo and more than one backup weapon.

I like to include the 12 gauge on red days, but on orange days the .30/.30 and the .38 are more than enough.

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stupid describes those who even now don't realize that the threat is real.

22. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You know, you're pretty thin-skinned for someone who just won an election...

23. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    That's what happens when the foundation behind your arguments are as thin as the myth of Saddam's WMDs. Now they've got 4 more years of bozo to defend after he continues to stumble all over himself.

24. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    No, I just don't take too kindly to being given political advice from across the pond.

Do people in Europe base who they vote for based on how the US feels about it?

25. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    You could of course just ignore it. Like...uhm...I don't know - your president.