Arrogant Europeans think you are stupid!

Discussion in 'Elections' started by domingo, Nov 4, 2004.

1. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And you know what?
    We might be arrogant, but we are right.
    The majority of the american voters just reelected a president that is responsible for lying about WMDs and the Saddam-9/11-connection, who is responsible for Abu Ghraib and that the inmates in Guantanamo don´t have lawyers... etc.pp.

This makes you stupid. Period.

2. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First reply!

3. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    First page!!!

Edit - ooh, goodie, images are back on. This thread deserves some

[​IMG]

Edit again - Crap, I can see the image in the editor, but not after I save

So they're kind of turned on. What gives?

4. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    OK, you proved me wrong!

5. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Man. You'd think we elected Hitler or something... Oops...

6. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your blatant antiamericanism makes you look only at the negative facets of bush policies.

Look at the positive facets... for example... uuh... aahh... ehm... now I can't recall anyone but you know what I mean.

Anyway the election was about domestic issues and values.
    So all those bad things you talk about are irrelevant even if they were true.

7. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Bush is about to make a claim to the Sudentland any day now.

"Fire up the engines, boys, we're heading for Poland!"

8. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Huh? Hitler?

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Of course they think we are stupid, and we are. We buy their overpriced cars, their overprice wine, their overprice perfumes. We even buy their overpriced clothes and accessories because they have fashionable European names in their labels.

We can show them we are not stupid by not buying their crap.

But hell, I like expensive French Champagne and my expensive German car rides so smooth.

10. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  11. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Pssst... The "oops" was to indicate to the "smarter than us" euros that it was they who elected Hitler...

12. domingo

domingo Member

Jun 26, 2002
    Hanover
    Club:
    FC Hansa Rostock
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So you guys are comparing Bush with Hitler? Geez you are really without hope. (*no smilie in hope you might get it without it*)

13. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Of COURSE not.

Hitler wasn't a coke addict.

(Not likely to get sick of this sort of joke any time in the next four years, either)

14. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    And I was just adding to the sarcastic tone of the joke by implying that the US had a claim to a part of Poland.

I'm wit' ya, I swear I am.

15. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This latest crop of Europeans to invade the boards - the little dutch girl and her ilk - are they representative of europeans in general? Because if so, I'm scratching the EU off of my list of emigration possibilities.

16. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Your little Dutch friend is just representative of......herself. ;)
    But why emigrate, when you could be positive and be active in pursuing your own political beliefs and convincing those of your own country?

17. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not seriously considering emigrating, at least not permanently. It would be interesting to live for a while in a different country - even if it is Canada. Actually, Canada surprised me with the extent to which it is a foreign country. I didn't expect to feel like I wasn't in the US anymore but I did.

Anyway, as for being politically active, I'm just not the type. I couldn't sell ice water in the desert.

18. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    At least you are honest. I can't be really politically active either. Being an ex-pat makes it difficult to get involved in the first place. Then there is the inertia to go with that.
    Maybe you could import a little Dutch girl to sound off? Then again, she would just polarise politics, sweeping any liberal elements aside.

19. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    There you go, Dan.

Finally, something you and GWB do have in common!

20. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

What we need in the US is to listen to and learn from each other. Two-way communication. TLDG is only interested in preaching, not listening. Look how many people she pissed by asking them to do something they were going to do anyway. Her kind we don't need.

21. speedcake

speedcake Member

Dec 2, 1999
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a current Ex-Pat I'm of two minds. I am fully against Bush's ideals and plans and am as ticked off as the next guy at the mistakes Bush has made.

OTOH, I am getting a bit sick of having to hear from snooty Euros how fvcking terrible my country is, or how stupid we Americans must be, or seeing them fvcking protesting the war in Iraq, and on and on and on and on.

I am allowed to harbor those feelings, but for some stupid reason I get somewhat pi$$ed when I experience Euros expressing their displeasure with all things American. I see them here in Oslo marching around protesting against Bush, or the war, or whatever the flavor of that day is, and I don't know why but I begin to feel a hot fire inside myself. It seems stupid, but I can't help it.

It's like I feel that these Norwegians marching around holding their cute banners somehow have zippo to say about the war in Iraq, or Bush's policies, and that it is my country and it is my problem, they should give it up. It is wrong to feel that way, I think.

Speedy is sh!tty when it comes to protesting Euros. :(

22. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I can quit anytime I want.

EDIT - I think at some point we should make a distinction between "emigrating" and "fleeing." F-L-E-A, flee, in the words of Father of the Year Woody Allen.

23. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    And you're still German. You people have a good 8990143 years before you can criticize the actions of any other country on earth.

24. 352klr

352klr Member+

Jan 29, 2001
    The Burgh of Edin

Sorry to disapoint you and ruin your joke, but Hitler was a coke head, along with meth addict and opiate junky. Hell, he even roofed himself.

25. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    strange that