Arminia Bielefield vs Borussia Dortmund: Bundesliga Matchday 6

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by eaglespark, Oct 31, 2020.

1. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We play Bielefjeld today.

It seems we have rested lots of players. I can't really complain with Favre's rotation. Hopefully it is Hazard upfront and not Reus. To be at our best we need to get Reus used to playing on the left wing, but with a lot of license to come in.

The team is a bit weak, but hopefully it should be enough.

Brandt needs to be fast tracked into the first team though to replace Reyna.

2. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Bürki
    Meunier Akanji Hummels Passlack
    Bellingham Delaney
    Sancho Brandt Hazard
    Reus

Yes, rotation was expected and I assumed Brandt and Delaney would get the start. Haaland missing and Guerreiro not starting was still a surprise.

We'll see how we do without Haaland. This could also be a 3 man midfield with Brandt feeding the 3 in offense. This will be another game against a team parking the bus so we'll need good passing through their lines and speed. Otherwise it will be tough to watch.

3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    0:0 after 45 minutes. It's not a pleasure watching this. It's fitting that our CBs probably had the best scoring opportunities. I thought a mobile offense against a bus might somehow work out but there were several instances when we missed a big CF in the penalty area. So far, it's too easy for them to just sit back.

4. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nevermind, our CF is Hummels who scored the two goals so far.

5. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hummels injured after going for the hattrick and the next game in the league is against Bayern. Hopefully nothing too severe as we are running out of CBs.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Solid performance against lower quality opposition. We were rarely troubled and scored two. I think we need to shoot more when we have good chances, but we were able to rest a lot of players too.

The big thing is Hummels seems to have strained his hamstring or thigh. Hopefully this is not too bad.

Great we could rest players.

7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes we really need him. We should definitely rest him against Brugge and then do everything we can to play him against Bayern. That's a huge game

8. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If hummels is out more than 7 days then we're in deep trouble

9. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A boring clean sheet victory. I'll take this, especially with a rotated squad which didn't end up having to do a ton of running in any case. Race against time now for Hummels for the Bayern match.

10. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I haven’t seen that much of rotation, only Dahoud and Guerreiro were rested. To some extend also Rayna, but he shouldn’t be a starter anyway. Wonder why Morey and Reiner are overlooked game after game, especially Morey whom I consider better than both Passlack and Mounier

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as muscle issues go it doesn't sound too bad.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Haaland was rested too and Reus and Sancho came off early.

It's a big weak coming up. I am unsure why More has not had many chances. He is definitely better than Passlack.

Reinier is just getting back his full fitness.

Edit

Also as much as we dislike it Witsel was probably rested as well especially with us playing a Belgium team next.

13. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Haaland is injured

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Watching the hour long highlights again.

What are people's thoughts on a Dahoud/Bellingham/Brandt midfield in the future.

I think at the moment we need a Can or Delaney in there, but it is a mouth watering prospect for the future

15. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Maybe when Jude gains some pounds, and if Brandt and Dahoud are very smart and disciplined about when to push forward and when to stay back.

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's an exciting future, provided that Brandt and Dahoud become more consistent and Bellingham continues on his current trajectory. I'm not sure what Mo's ceiling is at this point, but if he keeps up his recent form he should at least remain in the mix for Germany, and Brandt....if he could sustain even 85% of peak performance on a regular schedule, he would be considered world class.

I enjoy Can's all-action style, although sometimes he's sloppy with the ball. Not sure if he is a starter if they stick with the back 4.

astrophyz repped this.
  17. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I'd start him in the midfield alongside Brandt or Dahoud!

naopon repped this.
  18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #18 naopon, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    Would be fun given the big/little brother dynamic that Emre and Mo have going on between them! They hang out a lot and were roommates at the training camp. Obviously Can is Turkish and Dahoud is from a border town in Rojava so there may be some affinity based on background.

Actually that reminds me that Can declined to join the infamous Erdogan meeting which Özil and Gündogan attended, and later he stated that he was against the Turkish military incursions into Northeast Syria (i.e. the area where Mo was born).

Alex C and astrophyz repped this.
  19. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Dahoud is of Kurdish origin, so it's great to see the chemistry between them given the political tension between between Turkey and the Kurds.

naopon and Alex C repped this.
  20. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree that it is good to see Can and Dahoud getting on well, political tension or national conflicts do not need to affect individual friendships.

From a personal perspective, I am half Greek Cypriot and have never had any problem getting along well with Turkish colleagues. It is possible to leave aside stuff like that, people are people.

astrophyz and naopon repped this.
  21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that Can was the only Turkish-German player (that I’m aware of) who tried to avoid being closely associated to the diaspora pro-Erdogan bloc. Maybe he is more image-aware and also cares a lot about the German NT.