Arjen Robben

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by BridgeMonkee, Nov 18, 2004.

1. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  2. Sneijder -=(18)=-

Sneijder -=(18)=- New Member

Aug 17, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Scored in 5 consecutive matches and made 6 assists in these games

3. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    [​IMG] I love this picture

4. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I love him because he's 19 and has a very bad receeding hairline. Makes me feel better about myself.

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    AS I SAID IN MY THREAD OH WHO'S THE BEST IN EUROPE NOW, ROBBEN IS ONE OF THE 2. hE HAS BEEN AWESOME. i HOPE HE CAN HAVE A HAT TRICK AGAINST THE WANDERERS THIS WEEKEND.
    GO CHELSEA!!!

6. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Robben has outdone Adriano of Inter for best player in europe, no doubt.

7. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    i think one could make an arguement for Ronaldinho

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    I think there was some tongue in cheek there from adri. ;)

9. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yasick, you need to get off Robben's jock. His girlfriend wants it for awhile. Robben is NOT the best in Europe right now, that's just nuts. He's great, we all know that...but it's ONLY 5 GAMES!! He isn't playing as well as Adriano, Sheva, or even Henry for that matter. He's had a good string of games. Come back after 20-25 and we'll talk then about best in Europe. Christ...

10. BridgeMonkee

BridgeMonkee BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 25, 2002
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know what you're saying, BUT those lads aren't Chelsea players :D

11. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Can't i be happy for a Chelsea player? First of all, not 2 many players can put a good streak these days. I know it only has been 5 or 6 games, but this streak is not just good, it's great. He is playing extremely well. Just b.c i am happy that Chelsea is winning big and Robben is the big reason for it, doesn't mean I think he is the BEST EVER! So get off my back, I need it! :D

How long do you need a player to be playing great and how long is your definition for NOW? If he is playing better than anyone at this moment, it means NOW. Henry and Shevy have been great for a while, but that doesn't take away what Robben has been doing.

12. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Some people may have "just started following football" but I'd rather them over someone who doesn't know what a fvcking period is. That whole post is one sentence. Go read "English for Dummies" and then come back. I can't even read your post. It's incomprehendible.

Sorry we can't be as cool as you and follow Robben since he was at FC Groningen. Go fvck off back to the Barcelona and AC Milan boards front running glory hunter...

13. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    hahah okay, i wish you good luck, but send me your address and i will mail you over 30 tapes that has ronnie in action way back from cremio to psg and oh yes last season when his superlative form pulled barca from the relegation zone to second place finish, if you can even compare any player currently to this goofy genuius then it will be the former juve attacking midfielder zizuo and only at his best, but as we saw at the end of last la liga season and this season he is past his best, last weekend`s oustanding display against albacete put in consideration and i can guarantee you that any football fan would tell you that if ronnie was to join chelsea now and a decision was to be made between robben and him in starting a game, it would be ronnie, simply purely supebly talented, like i said watch him several times in action and tell me if the things he does robben can do them. and hey don`t forget that ac`s sheva is in prolific form also , still i wish chelsea the best hopefully we will meet in the champions league either with ac or barca.

14. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    All I read is BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Look ma, no periods!!!

[​IMG]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-3407681-7621514?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

15. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    this is not a fight, the fact is that you are ignorant , you`ve just started watching the sport , may be you should turn back to baseball or basketball, because any sensible football fan will tell you that robben is just showing flashes of a great player, he will have to first guide chelsea to the premiership, win other international accorlades, i`m even ashamed to term him as great, like i said if you don`t watch the seria A, la liga, bundersliga and over years, yes you will express your ignorance by saying that he is great , but hahaha, even chelsea fans in england will tell you that he doesn`t compare to when giggs first emerged for the red devils or david ginola just before the 1998 world cup season. you missed a lot chap that`s why you get excited by a pieces of mersmerizing displays it would be appropriate to just relax and watch other leagues too. i will be back to discuss football with more reasoning and sensinble people not this mentally distrubed problem kindagarten kid, you will be better off watching catoons. no wonder you label robben as a great player only after a few matches. good luck with you reasoning capacity.

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    What we have here is a failure to communicate.

HE WAS BEING SARCASTIC.

Christ. Do people who follow Barcelona and Milan (what, no room for ManUtd, Bayern and Boca on that list?) no longer understand irony? Please take your gramatically challenged trolling elsewhere.

17. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hey moron, maybe YOU should READ the previous posts. I already shot down anyone thinking about saying Robben is great. I already said it's a very good STREAK. Judging by your English skills though, I'm not sure if you can read. I am of the same opinion as you. Go back and read my posts...

I just don't like YOU coming here and slamming people (especially Chelsea fans) saying they just started watching football. You have no f'n clue about other people's football knowledge. I hate the term "euro-snob" but that's what you are. You think because you live in Europe you know more than anyone else. Fvck off. They may not be right but don't take a pompous, "I'm better than you because I live in Spain" attitude here. Like I said, go fvck off back to the Barca and AC Milan boards you glory hunting troll and leave us alone.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You're done. Here comes the calvary.

19. acmilan_barcelona

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat

hahah i can see the anger boiling down, yes i doubt if you were supporting the blues when they were struggling way back in the 90`s when they had the likes of zola, flo, poyet, leboeuf, deschamps and co, or even last season and let me wait and see if you will still be with chelsea when they are struggling, and for me you can`t take away the fact that i have watched what you will never, great player in action and yes should barca or ac play chelsea, i will be at the stanford bridge, and i`m a glory hunter, hahahah, i can`t help it that i grew up in barcelona watching this great team and after watching the 1993-94 european final i fell in love with ac milan from then on what can i say more, see you then problem kid, don`t worry i will send a psychiatrist to evaluate your mental state, however if you really still want to watch great players in action over years, just mail me your address and i will send you free of charge thousands of football tapes , different seasons and leagues, hehehe.

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Then you'd be at the wrong place oh soccer god because it's STAMFORD BRIDGE you SS. Guess you don't know as much as you thought.

I don't need to justify my Chelsea love to you front runner. I'll just sit back and Saturday with my Zola jersey on and laugh at Madrid spanking your boys.

21. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I had thought this was made clear to you. Take your gloryhunting stream of consciousness off this board. I know we can't all be loyal fans like you, what for all those times Barcelona and Milan have "struggled". How did you manage to stay such a loyal fan when Barcelona were down in an ungodly low FIFTH place in the league one time? Tough to follow such a poor team.
    Good luck making it to Sanford Bridge. I'm don't recall seeing a river in Palo Alto, but I can assure you that Chelsea doesn't play there.
    There's some sort of sentence involving a door, your ass, and its way out. I'd suggest not hitting anything.

22. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He'll have to hop out on one foot because the other one is in his mouth from the "stanford bridge" comment.

23. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I can appreciate your point of view and it seems like you know lots about soccer and yes, I recently (3 years ago) started following EPL very carefully, although i have been raised watching soccer and enjoyed it my whole life so far. I know i am not a historian of football, but I just wanted to say that Robben is playing great as of NOW. It doesn't matter how good Adriano has been with fiorentina or how unskillful Robben was at his early age, i am talking about now. NOW, Robben has been playing extremely well, and thus, at this moment he is playing better than probably most players. That's all i wanted to say.

24. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    very very funny. thank you for that.

25. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea