Ariel Ortega - News & Comments

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by leoriver, Jun 23, 2008.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I read something that compared it to the Materazzi vs. Zidane confrontation in the World Cup Final in 2006. Even though Zidane lost it and cost his team the world cup, he was still the most beloved man in france, and even though Materazzi won the world cup no one cares about him and he will never be remembered as a great player, nor will he be loved by the fans.

Ariel is beloved by all of us even after he continues doing stupid stuff. Desabato well he is a douche. His team won the copa lib but he will not be remembered. he will be linked to situations like this and also when he went to jail after the grafite incident. Ariel's play has got thousands of people to stand and sing his name countless times, desabato is a nobody. No one will remember who he is in 5 years

It pisses me off that people in the media are comparing this estudiantes team to ramon's side of the mid 90s, some saying it is better. They won this game off a fluke goal, just like they beat velez. they also got beat by alianza lima 5-1... if they win both trophies i'll say they deserve to be in that breath, but i'm rooting against them every step of the way

2. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Burrito a la Seleccion!!!!! He was called up for the friendly against Haiti. :)

Desabato, meanwhile couldn't start for the National team of Papua New Guinea (not that there's anything wrong with Papua New Guinea, am sure its a lovely country, but they do have an all-time historical record of 16 wins against the likes of Fiji, Tonga, Vanuatu, Tahiti, Samoa, etc,..)

3. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    :eek::D

Burritos life is film material, just like Buonanottes.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It looks like Ortega is staying (unless of course he doesn't reach an agreement over his contract terms):

Daniel Passarella: "(Ortega) Es un símbolo para el club. Además, con su problema no lo voy a dejar solo. Hablé con su contador y entre esta semana y la otra firmaremos el contrato. Ortega no se toca porque está enfermo y yo me hago cargo".

Meanwhile, Almeyda and Gallardo may be facing a different future. Passarella only went on to say that Cappa will decide if they stay. Gallardo seems to already have a foot out of River. Almeyda has more chances of staying, but his future may be at stake seeing how Passarella isn't as sure of him as he is of Ortega. Also, el Pelado has been making statements throughout the week that put his future in doubt ("I have offers from other teams", "I don't want to stay just to be a role model for the kids", etc.).

5. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Did you guys hear that Ortega might be coming with his own tv show sometime? some like Diego had.

As to the Pelado, I really hope they will offer him a contract. He definitely deserves it. I really liked what he had to say in this article. Almeyda is a phenomenon!!

http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-primera/River-Clausura_0_255574576.html

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One doubt I have is if El Burrito can play three games in a week. I wouldn't be surprised if El Enano started this week and Orteguita played the role of super sub. I guess it all depends on his condition when he returns from neuquen.

On the game tonight, Ariel said he wanted to help Palermo win a spot in the world cup squad... i personally hope he doesn't. Argentina 2-0 win, 2 goals from ortega

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega is the captain tonight! i was afraid palermo would get the armband. GRANDE BURRITO

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man, I'm getting emotional seeing Ortega con la albiceleste again! :eek:

9. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Los goles del burrito con la albiceleste:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTW8bXHkGLc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Los Goles de Ortega en la Seleccion Argentina[/ame]

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega just signed his new contract: he is officially a River player till June 2011.

11. lexie

lexie New Member

May 3, 2003
    Boston USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I had the same reaction. I was really thrilled for him, and when the chants of his name filled the stadium - the fans showing their devotion - I was grinning like a madwoman. I'm so glad he's playing and the whole team does better with Ortega to ignite them. OK, we all know he's a "problem child:" acts impulsively, a disciplinary problem, gets into scrapes, and, of course, his drinking. Sure, for his own sake, I hope el Burrito gets some help (which sticks), but does it diminish our affection and support for him even one tiny bit? No way! Everyone has a soft spot for a wild child, and the best ones are often the most difficult ones anyway. And everything he's given on the pitch ... well, I saw on one tv show one River fan saying, "con Ortega, somos campeones. Sin Ortega, salimos ultimos." I hope he sets up a million goals and scores another gazillion himself!!! :D LOL.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7GFLAnKfJI&feature=related"]YouTube- Golazo del Burrito Ortega a Defensa y Justicia (Amistoso)[/ame]

silly gol scored by el burrito yesterday.

13. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Nice skills by Lamela.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega to coach River in the future?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gBo7wJH4Bw"]YouTube- Conferencia de prensa de Ortega[/ame]

I personally can't imagine him being a good coach. Given all his problems during his playing career, I just see him being another "Maradona". Either way, he says he doesn't plan on retiring any time soon, so we won't be judging his coaching abilities for a while.

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ortega gives his two cents on the Lamela-Curbelo incident:

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...-le-contesto-a-veron-en-defensa-a-lamela.html

16. snowboarder

snowboarder Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Interesting.

This was my favorite -

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another missed training session.. JJ decides to leave Ortega out of the team for Wednesday's match vs. Estudiantes.

Another big question mark in Ortega's future arises.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    New year, same old sh!t. Ortega misses the first practice of the year. Although he apparently advised before hand he wouldn't make it with a stomach problem, you always need to question him given the past :eek:.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ve-a-los-entrenamientos-en-el-monumental.html

What is going to happen to el Burrito during this clausura? what would you guys do with him? Not to mention, he went AWOL everytime he was substituted, it makes it hard to build a strong group. The scariest thing to me is if this is how he acts as a professional player, what is he gonna be like when he retires and isn't occupied? :( :(

19. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    sad to say look at Rene Houseman and that sadly is where he probably be hope not but it doesnt look good and to think until he headbutted the dutch keeper hewas the clear star of the 98mundial

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ay Ortega..

http://www.ole.com.ar/all-boys/Burrito-nominado_0_448755317.html

The worst part is that he always declares that he isn't even thinking of retirement and believes he's capable of playing a couple more years.

He's my biggest idol, but maybe he should consider calling it quits soon. He should be leaving the game as the great player that we all know, not the alcoholic who misses training sessions every now and then. So sad to see. :(

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Otra ausencia mas y van..

http://www.ole.com.ar/all-boys/ortega_0_458954333.html

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ2bfNnLk24"]YouTube - El burrito Ortega - Bailando Por Un Sueño 2011[/ame]

:D