Argentinos in Italy (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by soccer krazy, Jan 26, 2007.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    German Denis has been coming on as a sub for Udinese and has been scoring!

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Newells young defender Ignacio Fideleff has signed for Napoli.

Internazionale trying to sign Zarate apparently.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From what I understand there has already been an agreement in regards to his loan. Looks like he'll be teaming up with Forlan next season.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lamela rising

Copa Italia (1/11/12)
    Roma 3 - Fiorentina 0; (two goals from Erik Lamela)

I'm not holding my breath, this kid has been mostly promise up to this point, but he is worthy of a look. Lamela is only 19 years old and at 6 feet, he's got potential.

7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Golazo from Palacio who is scoring for fun this season in serie A:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56QuZkYOaGE"]Genoa 3 - 2 Napoli | Palacio 31', 70' Gilardino 36' Cavani 81' Lavezzi 82' - YouTube[/ame]

Diego Milito has also woken up and has been scoring freely recently.

8. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacio a long term target for Internazionale has joined the club until 2015.

Feelers are being put out for young Mateo Musacchio at Villareal and both Milanese clubs are interested in signing Matias Silvestre from Palermo.

locoxriver repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is anyone familiar with Christian Battochio? He's 20 and plays for Udinese, after they took him from Newell's when he was 16-17.

Apparently he's been playing for the Italian U-20 NT. Just wondering if any one could fill me in a bit on Battochio since I don't know much about him.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you post this in the Players of the Future, there might be a response. Couple posters know a bit about the kids overseas.

11. Rojitas

Rojitas New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Matías Silvestre Join Internazionale on loan with a view to a permanent deal worth up to €8 million.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-matias-silvestre-joins-inter-on-loan?cc=3888
    The Argentine Player Matías Silvestre (27), ex Boca Juniors, was transfered to the Inter after playing for the Palermo. He will have the hard job to supersede the brasilian Lucio, transfered to Juventus.

Good job namesake! (my name is Matías too), Hope you can make a great season and show the world what the xeneizes are made of!

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He seems to be in Guidolin's plans. I just hope he sees sense and returns to playing for his country of birth. He is very talented and plays in a Pirlo like role and can spray the ball about and despite his dimunitive size is very hard to knock off the ball.

He was being linked with a loan move to Watford my home club as we are now owned by the Pozzo family who own Udinese and Granada but that seems to have fallen through due to the coach wanting him for the serie A and CL campaign.

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting stuff, thanks! The biggest issue is still kids leaving early and playing elsewhere(other countries). Brasil has the same issue, Rodrigo who played for Spain yesterday. Also there is the Alcantara brothers, I believe Thiago has decided to play for Spain and his brother Rafinha played for Spain at the youth side but now has decided he wants to play for Brasil. Even after their father was a WC winner in 94. We have the same issue, Dani Osvaldo(who was naturalized),Ezequiel Schelotto(and his great-grandfather was Italian). But I am losing any sleep over a couple of players that in reality only have an outside shot of making the NT.

14. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

When he was playing at Newell's at the age of 14, 15.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  15. threervana

threervana Member

Jun 4, 2008
    China
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unlike Christian Battochio, Alessio Innocenti from AC Milan has joined our U20.

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting. Seems like he got called up to the U20 match against Germany. Other names are Iturbe,Icardi(Nice surprise) even Cholo's son, Giovanni(or just Gio) were also called. The game will be played on the 14th. I hope we get to see it.

Just to add a little more, Battocchio was back home in Argentina a couple months ago. He was mugged, 500 pesos were taken from him. Maybe he is upset about that, sorry pibe. :D

Cambia giocatore

[​IMG]

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.