Argentinos in England (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by soccer krazy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hallo me old china. ;)

Firstly Colo. I had my doubts but playing in the EPL and Championship has really toughened him up. He covers the ground reasonably well, doesn't look so hesitant under the aerial ball anymore and was already an excellent passer of the ball.

If we paired him up with a faster centreback and fullbacks with pace he could certainly do job.

Gazzaniga did not make the League 2 team of the season . Olejnik of Torquay United took that but since the awards are stupidly based on results up to January he would have had a very good shout of making the selection.

He's still a kid. Wasted a couple of years at Valencia. They love him at the Gills (certainly some of the female fans ;) ). He has scouts from up the pyramid watching him but he ought to be wary. He needs regular first team football and barring an injury to the Gill's first choice he'd still have been sitting on the bench.

I've e-mailed our club to have a look at him although we have a highly rated Irish lad too at our academy.

He's a giant. Good at crosses and pretty agile and intimidating at penalties.

As for Faurlin CC.Still out Inter were interested in him prior to the injury apparently as were Tottenham. But with injuries like he has one has to see does he regain his form.

Formica. Wasted. Aerial ping pong bypasses him much of the time and he has been in and out all season.

Kun deserved young player of the year albeit he has played some 8 full seasons of football. Kyle Walker is a polished turd. Lots of pace but no skill.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Holy shit, el pajaro is back!

[​IMG]

¡Caniggia vuelve al fútbol oficial! Sí, a los 45, jugará la FA Cup con el Wembley. La marca cervecera Budweiser es el nuevo patrocinador del Wembley y el que aportó el dinero para juntar al Hijo del viento y a otros ex jugadores como Ray Parlour, Martin Keown, Graeme Le Saux, el norteamericano Brian McBride y la Foca David Seaman (será el entrenador de arqueros del equipo).

3. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great news :laugh:. Possibly my second favorite player ever behind Diego, I will never forget his career: the young, cocky flash coming off the bench during River's sensational Copa Libertadores win, his great performance at the CA held in Argentina, only without him did the Albiceleste lose, the literally last minute call-up to WC90, Bilardo thought of him as too reckless but Diego knew he was special. Started on the bench, but after the Cameroonians broke Balbo, in 15 minutes he made a believer of everyone. Then would come two of the most unforgettable goals in Argentinian history, that little dance against Taffarel before sending the ball inside the net, and the divine glide over Baresi and Bergomi to finally beat Zenga. Also, the bullsh1t yellow card in overtime that made him miss the final, and with that any chance for Argentina gone. Had he play the final, he scores and Argentina becomes the only NT of the modern era to win two consecutive WCs.

Pajaro should really coach the NT some day :cool:

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont really read much of thses posts about Argentinos en el exterior pero hoy es un dia aburrido
    But you just made my day ¿puede imaginarlo ?With Maradona as no 2

5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Claudio Yacob is pre-season training with West Bromwich Albion a former giant and well established club with a view to a permanent transfer.

Paulo Gazzaniga has been signed by Premiership newcomers Southampton.

Marco Angeleri and Maxi Rodriguez have returned to Argentina to join Estudiantes and Newell's respectively and the latter certainly has plenty left to give.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Stracqualursi has also returned to San Lorenzo from Everton

7. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know Racing Girl will be sad (and also with Valentin Viola leaving too) but Yacob was MOTM yesterday against Liverpool.

Won all his tackles and had a 98% pass completion rate. Looked very assured as is to be expected. I'd still see Cirgliano ahead of him for the '5' in the longer term. Was a bit off the pace but pace has never been his best asset but that will come with match fitness.

Hopefully he can recover his form from 2010. Gutierrez also did well with Newcastle. Busy as ever making tackles passes and the odd cross and rocket shot which nearly went in.

8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good to hear that about Yacob, when I heard of the goleada to Liverpool I hoped he had played a part. For me, Yacob should be given a chance to start as DM for the NT, maybe even moving Mascherano to CB.

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yacob was excellent with Racing in 2010 but playing in WBA while Gago and Banega strut their stuff at Valencia will hardly help his chances even allowing for Sabellas experience

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucas Biglia set to sign for Norwich City on a season long loan from Anderlecht. Not exactly a move forward rather a sideways step.

11. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He had his chance during Batista's tenure, gave energy off the bench but overall failed to impress.

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's very neat and tidy but he has real competition in his position. He isn't going to oust any f the current incumbents anytime soon if ever. Hope he does well of course and if he does a club bigger than Norwich will likely swoop. Arsenal (London) were interested last season.

13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Biglia remained at Anderlecht.

Out of interest perhaps partial at this time two 'oriundi' so to speak Battochio and Forestieri have signed on season long loan deals at my club.

Battochio I saw a glimpse of showed a couple of neat touches in his only substitute appearance.

FF has great dribbling skills and does work hard but he is often myopic and unaware of team mates and is too ready to take a potshot than work the ball into space or simply keep the ball.

Paulo Gazzangia the young 20 year old keeper who has ended up at Southampton via Valencia (two years rotting in the reserves ) and then Gillingham made his debut in the Premier League yesterday as Southampton beat Aston Villa 4-1.

Pulled off a couple of excellent stops and could do nothing for Villa's goal. Excellent distributor of the ball with his kicks too. He is a giant but athletic and very confident. Hopefully some of the Argentina scouts are keeping an eye on him.

Damian Martinez who unfortunately could not get past Mannone in the Arsenal selection has dropped to number 3 with the return of Sczsesny needs to get himself first team football ASAP.

14. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Emanuel Ledesma scored the other day for Boro against Preston directly from a corner kicks!hopefully he can get his career back on track. Was a big favourite at QPR and now Boro possibly (2 in 3 games?) .Having Julio Arca there hopefully helps him settle in
    Also did well t at Walsall.....perhaps he is more suited for the English leagues

15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Newcastle are missing Colocinni at the back. Who'd have thought it ? He really has come on in that position.

Franco di Santo is also starting to really show the form that saw Chelsea buy him from Audax Italiano. He has really improved physically . He holds the ball up and has real pace now to ally to his very good technique as well as at last attacking the box with freedom as well as linking up with the midfield.

Over the last 7-8 months he has come on a great deal. He still is only 23 and if continues to display the sort of form he showed against Everton causing two very experienced international centrebacks all sorts of problems who knows.

16. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LMFAO!!!

18. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
  19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A picture of three Argentines plying their trade here on our recent visit to Manchester City:

[​IMG]

Fernando has now signed for us on a permanent deal and it is likely Cristian will be signing soon for us as well along with Colombian u20 Brayan Perea.

Mauricio Pochettino has been appointed manager of Southampton. It is quite likely Cristian Alvarez will also move there as the goalkeeper.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21084201

I have always wanted to see Pochettino moved into management of the age group sides along with Zubeldia. However the mafiosi at the AFA are more interested in creaming off transfer monies and rewarding themselves than paying a decent wage for highly respected coaches to nurture the youth at an important transitional stage for the future benefit of the seleccion.

cigar_city repped this.
  20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cristian Battochios first goal in his third start for us in the 4-0 thrashing of Huddersfield Town:

Wonderful goal.

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like the version of "Nadie como tu", do you know who sings it?

22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have absolutely no idea amigo. It was uploaded by Cristian himself so he would know. It's been taken down unfortunately due to right's issues but you could ask him on Twitter.

In other news Luciano Becchio who started out in Boca's cantera but never played in Argentina has moved from Championship side Leeds United to the EPL Norwich City.

Alejandro Faurlin has left QPR to join Palermo on loan to the end of the season. Fabricio Colocinni is staying at Newcastle after San Lorenzo could not afford his fee in all likelihood.

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pablo Zabaleta who is probably the best fullback at the moment in the EPL has really become a cult hero at Eastlands. He is seen as an old fashioned honest player who gives everything. They really do love him there.

Read some of the comments here.... Some made me chuckle even though it is Manchester City:
    http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=276441

24. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Zabaleta was sent off for 2 yellow cards in the FA Cup Final which Manchester City lost. di Santo did not feature for Wigan Athletic although he picked up a winners medal.

Battochio and Forestieri played their part in sending us to Wembley though which if we can win will see us land £110M.....

Cristian can be seen here at about 55 seconds in , very unlucky not to score. It was a mad game especially the end.....
    http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/watford-3-leicester-1-championship/

[​IMG]