Argentinos in England (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by soccer krazy, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am hoping Tevez starts scoring as well

2. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Aguero is showing the English what a great player he is.

Tevez who?;)

3. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Tevez is a disgrace

4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seconded. He is just trying to create an excuse for him to leave the club. I hope they let him rot in the reserves or refuse to pay his contract for breaching it.

Let's hope he is done with the seleccion.

Meanwhile Jonas Gutierrez has signed a four year contract extension at Newcastle United.

5. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL...Rovers are dead last in the EPL. Formica, whom I had pegged as promising, has turned out into a bust.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually he has played quite well considering most of the time the ball is in the air.

Scored again yesterday and played some nice passes around the pitch. He is playing in a struggling side so take that into account as well with lots of unrest on the terraces with the fans wanting the manager removed.

7. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Agreed. The time he en la cancha is always somewhat productive.

And while I've never been to Blackburn, I'm happy that the former Lepra is seemingly acclimatized to life in Enguhlund.

Funny thing is, he's just the type of creative playmaker ManUre need, so who knows what'll happen when Keanu is eventually removed, by whom he'll be replaced and what system that manager chooses to implement

8. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Well more than ManUre, Newell's needs him absolutely.

9. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    :(

Yes. Yes they do.

All Boys down to 10 men at approximately 20 muinuytes into the 1st half, and THEY take the lead.

You would not have known Newell's had the man advantage if you were watching form the 25 minute mark forward.

this team is going down after next season, the coefficient swings against them when the 2010 apertura results are eliminated from the equation.

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Latest rumours for the January transfer window:

Lucho or Biglia to Arsenal.
    Ocampos to Chelsea.
    Colocinni to Liverpool.
    Gaitan to Manchester United (over next summer)
    Faurlin to Roma.

11. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Any other Brits heard of this? Podcast about Argentine football...from the UK

The forty-first episode of Hand Of Pod is introduced by a real-life professional Argentine footballer, Crystal Palace goalkeeper Julián Speroni.

http://handofpod.wordpress.com/

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well I am not Britt but I been listening to them for a while. Sam Kelly writes for Soccernet is on it(Actually did a piece on Sabella today), Dan Edwards of Goal.Com, Australian Dan(I believe he writes for Goal.Com as well), and Seba Garcia of mundoalbiceleste are apart of the show. They had Tim Vickery on right before the Copa, which was an amusing episode.

BTW, they are not all from the UK, the show is in Argentina. 2 of em are Brits, 1 is Australian the other is Argentine. Kelly is a River supporter, 2 of em of are Racing, not sure who the other supports.

13. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
  14. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Jonas and Coloccini's team in an excellent 3-0 win over Man Ure

15. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colo has been a very good player since he emerged on the scene. Some of his early stints with the senior NT exposed his youth and left much to be desired but all he has done over the years is establish himself as one heck of a steady consistent defender. He is the poster child for all things wrong with regards to how quickly we Argentinos turn on a player the minute he exposes himself. What Argentino defender has been more consistent than Colo over the last three years? He's bee letting his performances do all his talking and I respect that tremendously. Hopefully we see him anchoring the back line for the shirt some time soon.

16. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seconded.

I'll admit I was one of those who didn't want him anywhere near the NT at one point and even laughed at his inclusion, but we could use him now.

In the biggest match of them all (versus Germany in 2006), he slotted in as a RIGHT BACK and I found he actually did very well in that match. His last match (versus Spain in 2009), he got better as the match went on.

Since his move to England, there is no doubt he has been VERY consistent and in a physical league at that. And it doesn't hurt that he's tall.

17. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    He isn't that tall actually.

18. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's taller (and better) than Burdisso, Demichelis, Otamendi and Milito. He's 6'1 (185cm), which is not bad.

19. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    For sure. The problem is not so much that he is sooo world class that he would improve any back line, it is that this back line is so porous that it's baffling that such a quality player would be looked over for so long. Sometimes, it seems as if the selection is being set up for failure on purpose.

In his previous stint with the team, he wasn't good enough. But truly, he was never terrible (a la Otamendi at the WC). But you know what a smart person does? Once there is new evidence, he adjusts his judgement based on that. And the new evidence about Colo is that he has been among the most consistent (and probably best) Argentine defenders for a while now. Therefore, it's a no brainer that he should be on the team...starting...and prove whether he can do it or not.

20. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    For an Argentino he's definitely above average. I'm 6'3 while virtually every other man in our family is 5'8. If me, my viejo and abuelo didn't look almost exactly alike in the face you would think I was adopted. Damn handsome family by the way :cool::p

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So am I, entire family is quite tall. Both my sisters are about 5'8 flat footed, folks are both tall. Got a cousin who is about 6'7 probably 6'8. You would wonder if they are from Bahía Blanca but majority are from Rosario. It's funny you mentioning being adopted, one of my kid cousins, is really short and looks like none of us, kind of looks like the mailman, :D, just kidding, but yeah.

But yeah, using Colo will be useful.

22. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Coloccini again outstanding for Newcastle at the back....absolute rock....even against the big physical forwards of Stoke City.

ps: I heard there`s a young Argie keeper for Gillingham - Paulo Gazzaniga (ex Valencia).. Seems to be getting rave reviews....

23. supersewelly

supersewelly Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Coloccini named in the PFA team of the season.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He deserves a spot in the NT.

25. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    He really does, and thankfully Sabella is at the helm, and will appreciate the efforts he has made in Old Blighty. I believe that Sabella is on the cusp of calling him back.

Clamoring for Colo ... who'd a thunk it?

Aguero is looking sharp again, he came so close on several occasions before his goal, which was a nice reaction. Tevez being Tevez on the second goal, como lucha el negrito..

Also, Formica had a nice goal for Rovers, keeping them in the hunt to stay afloat. Trying to rememebr what fantastic club Mauro played for in Argentina ... I think it rhymes with "jewels," or something like that.

Finally, could one of you Engerlund located posters let me/us know the status of QPR's Faurlin? He was haivng a great season before his injury, i think he would have been in the sights of Sabella had he remained healthy and continuing his excellent play over there.