Argentinos abroad (R)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by Paul_NL, Jan 27, 2007.

1. TallTowerMan

TallTowerMan Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    SoCal
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Re: Argentinos abroad

4 Argentinos playing today in the Liverpool vs. Man City match.

This was a perfect match to see what Tevez brings to the table without scoring. He came on in the 60th minute and immediately changed the match for Man City. The English commentators wouldn't stop talking about him. The team regained possession and started making nice little passes and moving the ball. Tevez also helped set up the second goal with a great pass.

Zabaleta looked pretty good as well. He was attacking a lot up the right.

3. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Well typical Zabaleta i would say.:p

4. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Milito, Perotti, and Aguero have all scored for their respective teams.

5. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

so has cambiasso, assist from milito

6. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF

diego colotto also scored, hadn't heard of him till now.

7. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Higuain also scored and Chelito Delgado scored for Lyon. Good day so far for Argentine players in Europe.

8. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

and notice who headed higuain the ball... garay

a lot of argentinos are having great games in europe, too bad diego isn't paying attention. hes busy getting ready for the big newcastle game tomorrow

9. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Lol

10. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005
  11. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Higuain, Aguero, Cambiasso, and Tevez reasons why we shouldn't exclude them from the the Albi.

12. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Garay is a really good prospect for the NT in the future, the problem is he's very innjury prone. Always, two or three weeks out of the pitch. He doesnt have enough continuity. Fazio's case is even worse.

13. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Milito, Samuel, and Cambiasso played today for Inter against Barca. I don't know what to say about Inter..... they were horrible. Cambiasso was even subbed at half time. None of their players had a good game. Barcelona were dominant from beginning to end.

Messi didn't play.

15. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

it was a completely pathetic game from inter. if messi and ibra had played this probably been 8 or 9. no joke. julio cesar made some world class saves, especially one from xavi. it was an incrdible save. thats how bad inter were. i actually wanted inter to win this, but i am appalled at how they played. pathetic.

16. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

pipita higuain has continued his rampant form for real madrid today in the champions league against FC Zurich today. Hopefully, this scoring run will continue in the world cup

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Higuain is class. He keeps scoring the more he will play. I keep forgetting he is only 21(about to the 22) but we are quite lucky to have him. He waited his time for Argentina and got his due.

18. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

mascherano scored his second goal of his career for liverpool today, although it took a deflection. regardless of whether it was an own goal or no, masch apparently played an amazing game from all i have read (i didn't see the gam). good to see him back on track. i find it funny he kissed the liverpool badge, everyone knows he wanted to go to barca over the summer

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/11/29/futbolinternacional/02051428.html

19. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Aguero set up a goal for Maxi and scored two of his own.

4 goals in 3 games for Aguero. They better back this guy up, or he might as well leave.

Also Higuain scored the last 2 goals to help Madrid win the last 2 games. Today he had no goals, nor did Messi, but both came close.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Yes, I watched bits and pieces of the ATL Madrid y Espanyol game, Kun had a very impressive game. His run to set up Maxi is what we need to see more of. I saw the last 20min of the Barca game and I saw Lio do some great runs, and almost came scoring but hit it right at Iker.

Licha scored again today for Lyon and from a FK. I wish we could get him back in the squad. Diego Milito scored on a PK today for Inter. Well here is Lisandro's goal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGSxlGVtyk4"]YouTube- " Lyon 1-1 Rennes " L1, de la 15e journée le but de l'égalisation par Lyon à la (42e) par Lôpez.[/ame]

21. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

Look at the way he was holding that ball and mainting that possession surrounded by a bunch of players. He's exactly the type of forward the NT needs.

Higuain was poor today. Messi was excellent especially when Barca went down a man. He was going back and recovering balls, going on excellent runs, maintain possesion, and causing Madrid to foul him earning them yellow cards. Too bad he didn't score that goal but he was excellent either way.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I agree we need Licha's presence for the game, he has the ability to blow by the defenders and hold the ball, a true gifted footballer. Licha started red hot this season, then cooled down after his return from Argentina but has caught on fire again in the last month or so.

Higuain is hot and cold, even when he is very poor at times he still finds the back of the net. Have not seen a lot of his games at RM when he was excellent and did not score.Didn't see too much of the Barca-RM game but heard it was a typical Pipita game.

23. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo

The thing about Higuain if you notice is that he doesn't score that much outside of Madrid. The crowd there love him since he's always scoring there but on away games he just doesn't seem to have the same big impact he has at the Bernabeu.

For example last season of the 22 goals he scored only 5 of them were on the road.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Solid facts and it is true that Higuain maybe one of the most beloved players for Real Madrid. He can be a legend for RM. I was worried a few times for Pipita in his career. When he left River I believed it was too early and could turn into another Maxi Lopez but proved me wrong when he became a factor for the side. Second time was when RM bought all those players this year and believed he would be warming the bench but seems that he has pushed Raul or Benzema to the bench. He has earned his spot, and even he does come off the bench he stills does quite well.

I want to see more of him for the national team. I saw him in Los Angeles a couple years ago when Argentina faced Guatemala and he scored a couple goals. If he can score goals for us then he will get a lot more fans. It really is a difficult debate between him and Licha. Yes, Licha is not a part of the team but the more I see of him the more I want him on the team. Some will say we need Milito in the starting lineup because he is the only true #9 we have.

Our boys are showing a lot of skill and greatness for their clubs. Kun has found his form, Licha is doing well, Higuain is scoring goals and playing, Messi is Messi. I wish all of this can translate into success for the national team. It is all about tactics and the coach I know that.

Couple favorite Higuain videos of mine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87qAp2bGYG0"]YouTube- Gonzalo Higuain Goals + Assists 08/09[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axeHgVT08Zw&feature=fvst"]YouTube- Gonzalo Higuain - Beat it[/ame]