Argentines who play for other national teams: would they make Argentina's squad?

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by argentine soccer fan, Feb 9, 2006.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know where you get the idea that Argentines dislike Italy. As far as the Italian immigrants go, don't get them started about 'la bella Italia'. They may often have issues with the Italian government but they love Italy. And, the rest of us who are not Italian, we got nothing against Italy. Italians are cool for the most part, and our culture has a huge Italian influence.

The only thing Argentines in general don't like is the Italian style of football. The cynical defensive game that brings results but doesn't entertain, and that Italians seem to thrive on. Of course, I'm not saying there are no great italian players and teams, or that no Argentine teams ever play that way, but it does seem that more often than not Italy reverts to that cynical style, and it's come to represent them.

In Argentina we feel our futbol differently, that's all. We don't like to win by destroying the game, we want to win and entertain and show off our skills, all at the same time.

2. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Well, I can't argue with that wisdom, although I hope I'm not the "asino" in question :eek:

3. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    I should have been clearer with my (foolish) assertion. Quite a few Argentines live in my neighborhood and many of them seem to dislike Italy because of all the problems that caused their families to leave in the first place... kind of like how some of the Italians I know who came to the United States are very dismissive of Italy as well. However, as you argue very well, this probably isn't the case for the majority of the Argentine population. Once again, I apologize for making generalizations in the name of curiosity.

4. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you apology is accepted.... I'm just taking a tip from Gustavo Cerati song "Perdonar Es Divino"

"A mi me es facil olvidar...
    ..tal vez puedas perdonar"

5. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentine soccer fan, you put it so nicely!! KUDOS. VC FAN what he said is exactly what I have been trying to say on that other thread we started to get off so bad on, so please accept my apology as well and lets start new, cool.:)

6. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dario Cvitanich will get his croatian passport tomorrow, and he would accept playing for their national team. Oh well guess that wasn't finished after all...

7. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    too bad Daniel Bilos held out for a Nat. team spot for Argentina , cause now he'd be playing w/ Dario at least..

8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing Argentina doesn't make is good Pizza. :eek:
    It's a square type thing, that's loaded with extra food, that just tastes dry and crusted. I had my fair share of Pizza to. Even my aunt said New York Pizza tasted much better. "Es mui Rico"

Italian Pizza and North American Pizza blow it out of the water.

I was disappointed, but I don't lie about food. If it sucks, I won't eat it.

Yes, I've been to Italy and Argentina and tasted Italian and Argentinian pizza. I do think North American Italian Pizza is better than even Italian Pizza.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't understand.. was this sarcasm? Argentine pizza is the shit! I don't know what pizza you tried!

Note to future mod: anyone who insults good Argentine food gets a direct red card.

10. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No it wasn't sacasm, read the rest of my post. What? you wanna fight with my taste buds now!?

Bring it on!

11. JumpinJackFlash

JumpinJackFlash New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Soviet Britannia
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kazakhstan

I sort of got that idea too; that Argentines would prefer to all be ethnically German, Irish and Gallacian rather than Italian. But perhaps it is just a football thing. Personally Argentina is my favourite country of the Americas and Buenos Aires seems to be the Americas most culturally rich city, if I was forced to move to the Americas I'd choose either Argentina or Canada.

12. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    no! , una piña en la cabeza......:mad:

13. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is why we need that new forum Devilman was talking about.

---- Gives devilman a shot to the head first
    -- I win

I think you guys are just offended, because someone in the ranks doesn't like the food they're proud of. XD I just got a problem with Pizza, that is all.

14. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :confused: from were do you get this info ? I'd rather be ethnically Martian .......

15. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nope , this belong in the new Arg. Sarcasm Forum..

16. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's not sarcasm. :rolleyes:
    ^this is .

17. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Read Argentine Soccer Fan's post on the page right before this one. It should probably clear things up for some of the confused Italians out there... it certainly did for me :p

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You've been hanging out at the wrong pizzerias.

19. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I spent a month in Buenos Aires recently and went everywhere. Palermo, Nunez, Boca, etc. etc... I don't think so. ;) I literally went to every corner of Buenos Aires.

God can we stop talking about it, I miss it already. :(
    I never had to pay for a hotel. XD

20. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with Aerez, I don't like the pizza much in Argentina, now a deep dish pizza from Chicago, that is the stuff.:)

21. TKORL

TKORL Member

Dec 30, 2006
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Mariano Pernia could probably start for us.

22. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Trezeguet retired from the national team.

23. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  24. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i just read this and have lost all respect for both posters, go to belgrano on monreo and cabildo best pizza ive ever had. you guys never had a fugaza. man things you hear theses days.

25. El viejo Matias

May 21, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey I respect your opinion, but to me it is just too rich, sorry just my humble opinion. Many think Im nuts but I prefer the chipas from Paraguay, it is my taste buds right? So just my opinion.

PS have you ever tried a deep dish pizza from the heart of Chicago?:)