Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lincoln Financial(Philly) and the Coliseum(LA).

Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All of Argentina’s game will be East Coast. The closest they’ll get to the best coast is a QF match in Houston if we top our group.

I think I’m gonna pass on this Copa, like in 2016. Better off saving up for 2026..

I’ll probably go to that friendly vs Nigeria, though

SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  3. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What are your average tickets for good seats at presale? I am planning on going this year to see or or two games. I have to factor in road trip and expenses.

4. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Argentina games at MetLife stadium against Chile, I bought at lower level - lower level tix were going from $450 and up.

When I logged back in to buy the Argentina tix at Hard Rock (Miami) against Peru, they only had third-level games available. I didn't see anything for less than $170 and up.

5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Excuse me if I am asking something wrong, but how do you get the presale codes?

Thanks.

6. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You had to sign up on CopaAmerica.com in advance. I don't know if it still works.

I got tickets to the Argentina vs. Canada/Trinidad game in Atlanta! Prices were similar to what Loco mentioned

Loco, afar, soul24rage and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I checked on seatgeek how much the tickets I purchased for the Arg-Chile and Arg-Peru games were, and they are already listing same tix for about 20% more than what I paid yesterday.

All the tix have not been released yet, they (the promoters) are clearing using a drible-drible strategy, to see what's the max they can charge for these games. As predicted, all the games that Argentina, Brazil, USA and Mexico were gone quickly yesterday - I don't know if there are any left for sale, but after I made all my purchases (and some of my buddies piggie backed on my code as well), my code was no longer working and I couln't log back on.

When the promoters release the next round of tix for sale, I am going to try to buy for the final here in Miami. I don't care what the price is, I am going to mortgage my kids' future.

8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Dybala said his 3 favorite teammates are Messi, CR, and……Higuain!

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala should turn over his passport and stand trial for treason for even mentioning Fatso's name.

afar repped this.
  10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Higuain has been more useful, he has multiple goals at WC knockout stage. CR has zero.

afar repped this.
  11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    To be fair, Higuain did some great things for us in the qualifiers and in the earlier stages of the World Cup. We can at least appreciate that contribution.

Loco repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looking back now, especially after we finally won everything , I think did have some great moments. I guess most Argentina fans just couldnt forgive him after that miss in 2016 final, that one was too silly. Messi also missed good chance in 2014 final but he didnt have that kind of moments in 2015 & 2016 finals.

While I think Higuain chance in 2015 final wasnt exactly easy , Bati scored from similar situation in Copa America. He even outpaced Caniggia lol

[​IMG]

Burr repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont follow Inter Miami but saw the highlight today, Messi assisted their first goal and directly involved in their second goal . A triangle pass between him, Suarez and Gomez.

14. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    No

15. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Redondo officially signed there. At least he is with Messi and Co. Any other MLS club and it would be career suicide

soul24rage repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Their attack looked a lot better than preseason and Messi turned it up a bit. Defense is still a joke though.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  17. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Change of formation to a 433 made them more solid and Taylor is needed in this side to give them some speed in the attack.

Think Freire and Aviles would be an solid CB pairing. Hopefully Ian Fray returns to how he was before he got injured again in Messi's Inter Miami debut game.

With Redondo, Miami should be able to maintain more possession and lower opportunities for opponents to counter attack.

Burr repped this.
  18. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's an Argentinian day today as Luka Romero (x2), RDP and A. Correa all scored in the Almeria vs ATM match.

2 great goals from Romero. He really shouldn't have left Mallorca.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #23069 SupaMario, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024

Man, this kid has a cannon for a left leg. And I agree, he should've never left Spain. The old dinosaurs in Italy still struggle to give youngsters the time of day. Hopefully some Spanish team decides to bring him, outside of Atletico, of course.

Vamos, Luka!

-----

I'm also hearing that Varela had another outstanding game for Porto in the CL v Arsenal. Scaloni will have to call him up in the upcoming friendlies.

Rattlehead, Burr, locoxriver and 2 others repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Luka first goal was prime Messi like. He's still like 10 months away from turning 20, hopefully this will be his breakthrough season.

21. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    So Redondo joins with Messi. Well, hope he can learn something from Messi and Busquets (especially him). If he plays well there, he will have a chance with Argentina NT.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ganapordiego repped this.
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    Another superlative performance overshadowing Enzo. However we have 2 of the best central midfielders in the world with years to get better. It provides such a solid base for the selection going forward. Midfield is where games are won and lost.

Patoeber, Rattlehead, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #23074 Rattlehead, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    Lautaro with another brace and break his previous best tally in serie A with 22 goals at the moment. He also surpassed 100 goals mark in serie A in less than 200 matches.

Di Maria scored another goal and he actually run about 60 yards to score. He did it at around 1 hour mark. I still think he's taken off too early in WC final.

Albiceleste2010 and ganapordiego repped this.
  25. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States