Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good for Romero but that second saved penalty was an absolute joke.What a terrible shot. But the first was top notch.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  2. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to several statistic based analytical sites ie Opta, Squawka he is the best attacking player at the moment in Europe based on progressive passes, passes into the box and chances created. We see this from time to time in our players. Ah yes dear Paulo from Instituto and then they explode. Although with Julian that talent was already in evidence. It's not a shock to those that have watched him that he has this all round capability of playmaking and scoring.

afar repped this.
  3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Me too. The sooner they get fully integrated the better. Is Barco on the u23 radar first ? The most glaring omission is Redondo. If anything he should be in the Olympics reckoning. We don't want to end up with a situation as with his father where for all his superlative talent he hardly played any games for the seleccion (and what a crime that was) relative to his talent. Had he played in 98 I'm sure we would have won. And we hit the woodwork 3 times in that quarterfinal before Burrito lost it and de Saar faked his fall.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colo plays with so much confidence. You can't tell he is 19 at times. I really hope Scaloni calls him up sooner or later. I think he omitted him because of the CL and possibly did not want to risk an injury for Boca but who knows. But the reason I say he needs to be called up is that he needs to go under the tutelage of Messi and some of the senior players. He is a diamond in the rough. But it is really hard not to get excited about this kid's talent and potential.

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember how Messi suddenly jumped into a whole new level between 2007-2008 to 2008-2009? I hope this would be the season where both Lautaro & Julian experience the same kind of improvement.

Loco and Burr repped this.
  6. Loco

Loco BigSoccer Yellow Card

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do not want to disagree with Scaloni, and I would never want to say "do not call up Messi" - but maybe, we could've given him the week off.

I know that Messi wants to play for the national team at all cost, he really loves the Albiceleste more than any other team, but it would make his life in Miami a lot easier. AFA should be looking out for him more and protect him (even from himself).

The Miami fans and US media is making in it into an issue (btw, so hilarious that MLS fans are now beginning to be annoyed by National Team call ups! :laugh: - I mean, welcome to the world of futbol, right?). But if AFA takes this off the table, its one less thing that Messi has to deal with, and it would make his life easier. We should be taking care of veterans like DiMaria, Otamendi and Messi more and more. They are valuable to the NT, and the special care would do well. Besides, we can win these games without the veterans. AND, at the next WC, EVERYONE qualifies. These games are about as meaningful as midweek January NBA game. Almost a complete waste of time.

SupaMario, Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    and every country on the planet will host the tournament.

Loco repped this.
  8. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fifa refs during those times were special.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Garna comes on late and helps Man United get a goal and possibly a draw.

United win it at the very end.

10. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another excellent performance from Nicolas Dominguez. Hovering near contention for selection. But that midfield is so stacked at the moment. Italy may be interested. He's only played friendlies I think for the seleccion.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He played a few WCQ games and was even part of the CA championship squad, seeing a few, limited minutes in a couple group matches.

He’s cap-tied at this point.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn! Didn’t realize Lautaro is killing it this much!

60C4C751-DAA9-437F-856E-D27CF831F328.jpeg

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina continuing to bless the world with footballers and throwing crumbs to the likes of Mexico. We are so freakin awesome!

14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Messi came on in the 55th minute

soul24rage repped this.
  15. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

soul24rage repped this.
  16. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #21516 soul24rage, Oct 8, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2023
    Is it me or does Soule likes to score with his head lol Having a great game so far right now along with Barrenechea. This loan spell has been doing wonders for the both of them and they should try to stay there for next season as well. Their career trajectory is going the same way that Cuti had being loaned out from Juve; fingers crossed that they are just as successful as Cuti at club level.

In other news, Medina has been called up by Scaloni for the upcoming WCQ. Medina was also called up late during the last WCQ so I'm puzzled of why Scaloni is doing like this to him lol

1710803973068697610 is not a valid tweet id

Also Palacios has been on fire for Leverkeusen. Really hope that they win the Bundesliga this season.

Taty Castellanos scored his 1st goal and assist this season. With Immobile injured, Taty will have more playing time. We have good competition for the back up striker with Taty and Beltran and also potentially Veliz as well.

17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really hope anyone besides Bayern wins Bundesliga because omg it's so boring. Also would be hilarious for Harry Kane to still be without silverware after going for the most gimme trophy of all.

18. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Would also be great to see Spurs win the Premier League with Romero as one of the best center backs in the league.

19. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would laugh my ass off if Kane turned out to be the problem all along. Not that I even hate the guy really

20. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Dybala injured again....Time to call Soule Scaloni

21. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How does he keep getting injured? I was looking forward to be on the NT team.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude gets injured all the time right before qualifiers. It is beyond annoying.

Albiceleste2010, Burr and aerez repped this.
  23. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Oh man - Dybala’s career for the NT has turned out to be a big what if so far. Sure, he’s a World Champion, but he just can’t stay healthy for us.

Soule has been lighting it up this season. We should never judge a player under Allegri. Allegri is a one-man wrecking crew for all technical players.

Albiceleste2010, ganapordiego and Burr repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Foyth is out as well. Scaloni will wait to see the scans on Dybala before making a decision. I do have to see go back and see how many qualifiers Dybala has actually ever played for us because it does seem like he misses out on a lot of these matches.

25. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Now that you mentioned this, I was very curious of his minutes and it's really shocking.

Paulo Dybala - National team (Detailed view) | Transfermarkt