Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    4 days to wathc the world champions...:inlove::inlove: i miss them

Albiceleste2010, Leon12 and soul24rage repped this.
  2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And the champions Pose

Frr-1EcXgAYVzDT.jpeg

5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Christina99, locoxriver, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is zero chance that Messi will be playing in Argentina. Just look at these scenes. He can’t even go and have a quiet dinner.

Christina99, afar, locoxriver and 3 others repped this.
  7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D:D:D:D

Rattlehead repped this.
  8. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's like Beatlemania, Messimania :)

soul24rage, aerez and afar repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good thing is that Messi looks really happy and enjoying cheers from the fans. You could tell he really loves the Argentine people. The WC win probably lifted his status to Diego like figure.

10. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's now alongside Diego in Argentina, great to see him so full of joy, it was long journey for him with the NT but he got there in the end and won everything.

11. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Entire squad is now immortals, they have guilt free pass for their lifetime.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  12. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    This is actually quite insane. Argentines might just be the most passionate people on the planet.

The only thing is - is that while I know it’s all coming from a place of intense love, and I love that they love him so much - this is just too suffocating.

I know he is smiling and showing his appreciation, but man - he can barely breathe.

But I suppose it’s better than in France, where he gets booed every year and the French media have it out for him.

I read a stat recently that since Messi’s arrival, the most clear chances created in the league and Champions League was Messi with 52. The most clear chances missed was Mbappe with 48!

Also, a side note - it seems Dybala has reached the status of a senior within the group. Good on him!

13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Is there a way to get the sky blue training jersey with the 3 stars?

I cannot find it anywhere.

soul24rage and Rattlehead repped this.
  14. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I really wish people would chill a bit there. It's fine to gather in a crowd and take pictures but why do they have to try to push in and touch him? Ridiculous. No common sense. If you really love him you wouldn't put him in danger.

15. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would feel overwhelmed if i were Messi, but he seemed happy, there are multiple pics of him smiling through the crowd. He is by far the most beloved person in Argentina rn (and the world, to be honest), and no one would ever dared to hurt him in any way (no one would get away alive from any kind of harm done to the Idol). Here Messi is a God.

And to think he was only 10 blocks from my house last night...it feels strange, like as if GOD was here, lol.

Also, Buenos Aires has been under a BRUTAL heatwave (hottest heatwave in our history, with temps 40c and above everyday) for almost a MONTH, and it ended suddenly as soon as Messi step foot in Ezeiza. He kinda IS a God in my book:D

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It’s fun for a time but imagine having this continuous problem. He’d turn into a recluse.

The weather isn’t that bad. We get that type of weather every single year here in SoCal.

17. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im guessing not with this high humidity. In any case, i find that weather to be unlivable. Anything above 35 is waay too hot, and anything above 37 is unlivable in my books (how much farenheit is 42/45 celsius? 120? you got that every year? i didnt know it could get that hot there? nights too? cause here we had nights of over 100f for over a month, no one could sleep). Plus, the conditions in this city arent met for this kind of heat, eventhough it is a city with a very hot summer, example: the power cuts all over the city that lasted weeks with this kind of weather. I find it awful. And frankly unlivable. Im even considering moving. Thank god Messi arrived (and autumn:ROFLMAO:) and now is all better.

And about Messi, yeah, i know, but he IS a God, his status will never change here in Argentina, kids cry at the bare sight of him, he will forever have God status, i dont think thats fixable. He might just have to get use to it or never come to live in Argentina ever. But something tells me he will eventually settle down here cause he loves the country way too much.

18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, we hit 105-112 or so, which is about 42. We get that dry heat with no air movement. I don’t even wanna talk about getting into my car. I make sure I turn the AC on for about 10 minutes before I get in. We get that for a few weeks straight. If you want to really enjoy the desert heat, there is this desert oasis they call Palm Springs which get over 45, and last year, it was 49 degrees, which is about 120 F. The place is actually awful, you don’t do anything but drink and stay by the pool or stay in your hotel.

But yeah, I do agree, some of the AC’s are not built for that type of heat back home. The AC systems are split units, which is about 3 units, here in the US, particularly in warmer areas, we have 4 and 5 units, which helps cool us down fast.

Hang in there, just a bit longer, and it will be over.

Messi won’t be able live in Argentina on a regular basis. He’s already said that he’ll move to Barcelona when it’s all said and done. I’m sure he’ll visit back home time to time. But something tells me, he’ll be in Miami as well. Miami is a great little city. It is one of my favorite cities in the world. Just a great atmosphere.

This was him in Miami after the CA. He went into a drugstore like an average person without people mobbing him. I’m sure if people knew, they probably would but the hysteria would not even close to what he experiences back home.

Christina99, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  20. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tracking Exequiel Palacios. The kid is ballin' now. Slow start at Leverkusen, but lately he has been really taking off. I am still super excited about Exequiel, at 24 he is very young. He is part of our super-crazy talented midfield. What a wonderful problem to have to have to decide between Paredes, Exeqiuel, Lo Celso, Fernandez, Macallister or De Paul for our midfield (and this is without considering pure attacking midfielders like Almada, DiMaria, etc)

I think Exequiel could become a player that could lead a team to great success. So glad that he is having a moment now.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It does help Xabi Alonso has a lot of faith in him. Scaloni was really high on him. Always having depth a bonus.

22. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #18722 aerez, Mar 21, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2023

Lisandro big head :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I spit my coffee out.

Burr repped this.
  23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lionel Scaloni: “A new process begins, those who are World Champion don't have an advantage, there are guys who will grow up and play at a high level. Now, the new chapter begins for us. We will compete for everything and leave everything for the shirt.”

24. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, Lisandro has a big head on a very small body

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I thought Lautaro has the biggest head in the squad... He's few inches taller than Messi, taller than Kun aswell, but from afar he looks as short as Messi.