Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ... and England still never play Argentina since Messi played his first match with the NT.

soul24rage, DrScorpio and ganapordiego repped this.
  2. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Intentionally lost the Euros to avoid a humiliating defeat at Wembley last June.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #18253 SupaMario, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
    Playing the US? Meh. I think we need to play better teams than the US. Our players gets nothing out of it to be honest. Plus, there is already a CA in the US for 2024. We could run into them during this tournament.

ganapordiego repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Kinda like "Messi never scores against Chelsea" narrative their pundits often use, remember?

Wembley is Messi's turf, he destroyed MU there aswell.

To be fair, I dont actually mind playing US or whoever since its pretty much about celebrating the victory at home. Remember we played the world champion right after WC 2010 and WC 2014 just finished and we put 4 goals against them.

ganapordiego repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just realized this… But Messi’s first World Cup goal was scored with his right foot… And the last one he scored(So far) was also with his right foot. And they said he never had a right foot. Pfft!

Christina99 and ganapordiego repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #18256 Rattlehead, Feb 7, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Messi scored with his right foot in at least 3 separate World cup as his goal in WC 2018 was also a right footed. And he scored with his head in CL 2009 final. Messi actually has 100 right footed goals.

Dont forget his assist against Croatia was also a right footed, just like Diego against Brazil in WC 1990.

SupaMario and ganapordiego repped this.
  7. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean let's be real nobody really challenges us at the moment. Might as well make some money.

Rattlehead and ganapordiego repped this.
  8. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

ganapordiego, Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  9. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Di Maria with a beautiful pass that drew a pen. I find myself nowadays cheering for Di Maria to accrue assists to climb up the ranks, the same with Messi and goals.

What seems to be an accurate recent list has him in 4th with 276 (Messi in first, Muller in 2nd at 296, Suarez in 3rd at 283). It’s a shame he doesn’t have anymore CL football this year as he’s up there with Messi who will soon enough become the Champions League leader.

Burr, Siempre_Albiceleste and SupaMario repped this.
  10. Patoeber

Patoeber Member

Argentina
    Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

A video explaining the reasons of the little conflicts between Tapia and Scaloni taking a Cherquis Bialo article as a source.

The five points resumed for those who don't speak spanish:
    1- Disagreements regarding Mascherano. Tapia offered him to continue coaching the u20 despite a terrible sudamericano. Scaloni doesn't see Mascherano as part of this process (agreed) and want his own guy there: Lucas Bernardi (wtf?!)

2- Scaloni didn't like Tapia partying during the USA friendlies window, wich bothered the players at night and told him so. Apparently Tapia said later to his confidents: "I invented this guy and now he complains". That reached Scaloni's ears...

3- Tapia putting pressure on Scaloni renewal. Tapia has been repeating that a new contract is assured because they are both "man of words". Scaloni resent this because even if they are small, there always were some differences and if he doesn't accept the contract it'll be seen as him breaking his word.

4- Tapia's high profile. He's making a parade everywhere with the cup, acting like he's the main responsible for it.

5- The way players and coaches are going to be paid. A money problem, how much value they put in every dollar. Not going there, but there are different dollar values for our currency right now.

And that's it. Except for wanting Bernardi I agree with Scaloni on every point. He's going to sign the contract so no worries. Hopefully Tapia backs off a little.

soul24rage, Burr, Christina99 and 3 others repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, this entire thing where Tapia continues to say “We are close. We will get it done.” This is a bit strange. Stop talking and just finalize it. I don’t care much about the drama or the hearsay. I also believe it will be finalized.

As for Scaloni picking Bernardi, I don’t know, I believe in the work Scaloni does and the people he wants to appoint. Yes, not exactly a master tactician but Scaloni wants continuity, from U15s all the way to senior side. This is what a lot of have been asking. Masche needed to work closely or consulted Scaloni during his tenure.

soul24rage, ganapordiego and Patoeber repped this.
  12. Patoeber

Patoeber Member

Argentina
    Apr 3, 2014
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Horrible experience as a coach aside, what I dislike about Bernardi is that he was too much of a Bragarnik's puppet. Easily getting job after job despite always failing and I remember he was linked already to the u20 in Sampalobby's era.

I do trust Scaloni and totally agree with the concept of continuity but can't deny I was baffled after hearing that name. Is he still represented by Braga? Because I'm affraid of putting kids of that age in responsability of someone so close to such a powerful unescrupulous agent.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe Scaloni is repressed by the German company, ROOF.

From my understanding the only major player that Bragarnik has is Licha.

soul24rage, ganapordiego and Patoeber repped this.
  14. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    What a man our Di Maria is. His will go down as one of the more underrated careers, once it's all said and done.

Leon12 and ganapordiego repped this.
  15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    From memory, and it was a long time ago so I might be wrong, England did play Argentina in a friendly before the 2006 world cup, Messi didn't play in that game because he was suspended after being sent off for Argentina. Think England scored a late winner in that game.

Siempre_Albiceleste repped this.
  16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    It was in late 2005. Roman bossed the best England had to offer in Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham and co. In minute 84, Peckerman Peckermaned by taking out Roman, when up 2-1. By injury time, England had scored a winner.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, Pekerman kept making the same mistake, ie taking of Riquelme late on, during the world cup as well, he never learnt his lesson.

Burr repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea but Messi didnt play, granted they're close to minnows level in terms of achievement but would be fun to beat them just to hear their pundits making up excuses.

As for Pekerhead, He did the same againts Croatia, we also ended up losing 2-3 from winning 2-1. Some things just never change, its in Pekerhead's dna. Making 3 same exact mistakes within a year is ridiculous.

The same goes with that one trick pony Tata being a runner up almost everytime.

19. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pekerhead should never have been allowed to manage any adult team, he's was brilliant at youth level, but not with teams with grown ups, he had a loser mentality and threw the game against Germany, something I'll never forgive him for that.

Rattlehead repped this.
  20. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    to be honest, i agree with Scaloni in EVERYTHING. I dont know who Bernardi is, but im sure he cant be as bad as Mascherano? Scaloni should decide de sub 20 coach.
    Scaloni seems like such a level headed guy, smart, humble, i dont see him doing stupid shit. Tapia, on the other hand...i mean i kinda like him after everything that happened but he should be listening to Scaloni who is basically a deserved national hero. What Scaloni did with the NT is nothing short of amazing and he deserves everything.

aerez repped this.
  21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    In my defence scaloni also almost lost a lead 3 times in a single tournament

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  22. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  23. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If you'd been in charge in Qatar you'd have subbed Messi, Romero and DIbu in the 75th minute against the Dutch :) :)

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was going to jokingly say if we have to play a South American side, we should play Suriname, Guyana or French Guiana, you know, the nations that everybody forgets that exists…?(Unless you’re Venezuela, who still squabbles over Esequibo). But they were booked up. I guess North Colombia will be a fun matchup. :D

Burr and ganapordiego repped this.
  25. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    #18275 ganapordiego, Feb 8, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    If the soccerway website is accurate, it looks like Suriname has an opening at the end of the window. Would be pretty fun. Grenada also seems to have an opening.

SupaMario repped this.