Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Watch, he does not score again for the entire year, lol. But he does have a knack for scoring.
    And he’s a good penalty taker, hence the nickname Enzo Penaldez.

However, while I did widespread praise, I did notice a couple fans said some of his long range passes were a bit off but he makes up for it in other ways.

I can’t say, I have yet to see him lace it up for Benfica. But he’s doing well. All we can hope for is that he continues this trend.

soul24rage repped this.
  2. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    If we end up in a penalty kick situation in the knock-out round, who would you rather step up to take it: Lo Celso or Enzo?

:thumbsdown:

3. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #16078 Ombak, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Brazilian reporter is claiming FIFA will cancel the Brazil x Argentina match following a request by Tite via CBF. Reputable source, but not a confirmation by any means. He claims the confirmation will be made "shortly". No idea if that means days or weeks.

If this is not true, we might have to wait until August 26 for TAS to decide.

https://www.espn.com.br/futebol/sel...-cancelado-selecao-busca-novo-adversario-data

Being confirmed by our biggest news outlet that AFA and FIFA offered an agreement and CBF will take it because our coaching staff asked them to.

locoxriver, ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  4. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean, nobody really believed that the games was going to take place. I think both national teams would rather play against a type of team that we don't usually see in CONMEBOL. Can't blame them. Its only a few months to WC and we're at the end of prepping.

5. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Brazil officially has declined to play the September game.

"Brazil coach Tite does not want to play the match due to risks of injuries, suspensions and a potential boycott by the Argentinians, according to Brazilian confederation president Ednaldo Rodrigues." ESPN

So, Tite wants to boycott because he believes Argentina will boycott? A true quilombo this whole thing. I can't help to think that this is a way to have the game counted as an L. . . And, Brazil is not going to play any games this fall? or just not against us?

ganapordiego repped this.
  6. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Purportedly the plan is to play 2 games in the U.S. in September. The U.S. & Canada are already set to play against other teams. It looks like Costa Rica, Panama, & Jamaica are all free. Playing 2 of those Concacaf sides is better than nothing.

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I honestly dont really care about that game anymore . We've qualified long ago and its technically will be just a friendlies at this point. They're obviously scared of getting beaten twice in a row at home that's it.

I dont mind playing against weaker sides few weeks before the WC just to boost the players confidence by winning big. We have great record in friendlies against most strong sides and beating them at this fixture will only makes them stronger if we face them in tournament along the way.

I'm so done seeing us beating Germany or even Brazil in friendlies, it proof a little.

8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I agree, I do not think we are going to learn anything new with these friendlies. We had 17 games of WCQ, back to back Copa Americas, that match v Italy and friendlies sprinkled over the last few years. This group knows one another as well as any we have seen in a long time. I think it is just to fill out the last few spots.

I do wonder if one of the matches will be in LA. I sense it will be, particularly at So-Fi stadium. I’ll have my fingers crossed.

9. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    In the September friendlies, I just hope that the "squad" players get a lot more time to prepare in cases the team gets godforbid suspensions or injuries. Situations like what if Lautaro gets suspended or what if Romero gets injured.

Would like to see more of Alvarez, Dybala, Palacios and MacAllister in these coming friendlies.

10. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    DONT EVEN SAY IT MAN

now I have to perform an elaborate anti-jinx ritual with my shaman

11. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :ROFLMAO: my bad mate!

Just being me on my pessimistic side :p

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think playing alongside Maguire will forced Licha to upgrade his game big time.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  13. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Damn! I was really hoping to see us play vs Canada or USA here in LA. I still have my fingers crossed there will be a game here and I can see our team live. That would be incredible!

soul24rage and ganapordiego repped this.
  14. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Yeah I still see rumors floating around that the U.S. is an option, but I just don’t see that getting fit in unless the U.S. cancels one of their other games. Fingers crossed…

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do not understand how a friendly match yellow card or whatnot will rollover to the World Cup. What kind of stupid rule is this? I could understand qualifiers since they are official matches but a friendly? I thought players entered the World Cup with a clean slate.

But maybe a couple of the players should in fact pick up a yellow now and miss the following friendly. Because we have three left. Start the World Cup with zero.

Burr repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Estudiantes and Athletico Paranaense was a classic game of what happens when you do not put away your chances.

I knew Estudiantes were going to lose when they had several chances to win this match. That shot by Mendez in the 90+ minute would have made Fatso proud. Their last corner basically resulted a goal for Athletico Paranaense, who punted it down the field when Estudiantes were vulnerable and Andújar, that was amateur hour…

Well, Velez is the only team left in the CL and we are down the semis. They do have quite a bit of talent and veteran players that could help them reach the final.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I watched majority of the United match and Licha was not exactly horrible but he was struggling with the physicality of the players. He was subbed off at HT. I’m just hoping this does not hurt his confidence.

But ALL of United was awful. They are completely lost.

Burr, Rattlehead, ganapordiego and 2 others repped this.
  18. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    For me, I thought it was not an ideal move for him as he's more suited to La Liga or Serie A. With United's midfield being bad and with the physicality of the PL, I think he should be played as a deep lying playmaker role for that team.

Also, a move to that role would not be a bad idea as the Arg. NT does have some options at LCB like Senesi and Medina while Paredes is the only player who has that kind of profile.

ganapordiego and SupaMario repped this.
  19. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He'll be fine. It's the team he is in that is not fine. Non existent. No doubt he'll get blamed but really very little to be blamed for. He will up his game.

He's played physical players and come out on top. I think it was cowardly of ten Haag not to bring off Maguire because he's the captain but take off Licha when really Varane should be on for slabhead.

ganapordiego and SupaMario repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember seeing what Ajax fans were saying and that Licha was a better defender than playing a DMF. He just needs time to adapt and their manager is trying to get players in that will fit his system. Unfortunately, he is getting a brunt of the blame because he is the new big signing. You would think they would give a player more time before they crucify him.

I was listening to Vickery and he stated that he was unsure of Licha with this team and that he may struggle. Moreover; he also favored Senesi as a pure defender than Licha but states Lisandro was a more technical player. Perhaps next week he gets his first game in.

And continuing on with the PL… It seems that Julian is going to continue being a bench player, which is not good. I think it was somewhat expected but as I mentioned earlier that he should have made the move at the start of the year. He would have adapted and perhaps would have become a starter. But he wanted to stick around and get eliminated in the CL in the round of 16 by Velez…

Burr, ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Mbappe selfishness showing today. Messi could have had 5 goals if they passed to him.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They have been for years with no sign of recovering. I've said it before, moving to MU (even when they're good back then), its usually will bury our players.

Even Tevez losing his starting place for no reason to mediocre player like Berbatov. That after winning CL and EPL the previous season and scoring important goals.

Whenever they buy an Argentine players, they'd become the scapegoat and their fans and media would be very critical . Mehguaire can be a clown the whole season and keep his starting place.

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I was there… I’ll you another story that ties into this. A few nights earlier, I was out in Hollywood and I was debating where to eat, it was between La La’s in Hollywood(Melrose) or go to Thai Town for Thai food. I decided to go get Thai. And that very night the team was at La La’s. I do have to chuckle at this, somewhat. They come all the way over to LA, and they decide to go to an Argentino restaurant.

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  25. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    This brat is talented af but his attitude...