Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Senesi was just transferred to Bournemouth

We will now have 13 Argentines in the Premier League, although the number will likely go back down to 12 since Lo Celso is expected to leave Tottenham

2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacios was a starter for Leverkusen today and played 80 minutes. Hopefully, hopefully this is a sign for things to come.

Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  3. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    He is the most disappointing player in the last 3 years just constant injuries and underwhelming when I have seen him.

I would take anyone over Macallister

soul24rage repped this.
  4. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Paredes to Messi bicycle kick...more of this to come in the WC :)

5. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Pochettino proving to be a horrible coach. In less than a month, new coach address the formation finally plays 3-5-2 with Messi central and suddenly it's a goal fest instead of a grindy flukey 1-0 against ligue 1 no talent workhorses.

We dodged a bullet not having him as NT coach. Disillusioned with coaches like him, Bielsa, Simeone... Just old school rigid one trick ponies with zero imagination.

6. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Also, because both Messi and Neymar are unselfish. Mbappe so far has proven to be extremely selfish. Do you think Mbappe would have returned the ball to Messi on Messi’s first goal like Neymar did? I feel like no chance.

7. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Yea of course not. Mbappe is basically the new CR in terms of selfishness. We have ourselves (and Sampaoli) to blame for that. I mean he has a WC to his name and I can't dispute his talent, it is expected for him to be selfish. But Pochettino built an ugly team that basically relies on his speed to score and making him the focal point with NeyMessi basically as wingers lol. I think his CL run with tottenham was a fluke too.

SupaMario and afar repped this.
  8. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi is insane, he is 35 years old and playing like a proper goat, im in shock by his endless talent

HE DESERVES A WC

DTCrackheads, Loco, ganapordiego and 3 others repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #16034 Rattlehead, Aug 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    Counting pre season game, Messi already scored 4 goals and an assist under this new manager lol . I've been saying that Pochetino is just an overrated guy , he's popular cause he stirred English club to CL final. If its not English side, he'd not have that popularity.

Simeone at least has multiple major trophies in resume and has a tough attitude , but Poch seems just like some random dude , you cant tell sometimes he's a staff or manager lol. He looks so tame.

Paredes needs to pull the strings more often like that from midfield. I've seen him doing it few times in NT like the one for Lautaro in qualifier.

10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    To be fair Messi now also adapts fully to PSG and Ligue 1 so it's easier for the coach. And Neymar also is on form now cause World Cup is near.

Question for PSG is when Mbappe returns, will their trio work or not.

soul24rage repped this.
  11. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Even Gallardo is starting to get found out constantly these days...

Right now Scaloni is the best argentinian coach, it's hilarious. And it's not like he's a generational revolutionary tactician, his virtue is just being a flexible guy unlike all the others mentioned.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never really like stubborn guy who always stuck with a certain philosophy. What we need is flexible and low profile guys likes Sabella and Scaloni. They dont say outrageous things to the media that would only distract players state of mind.

Look at Sabella, we got key players injured in middle of tournaments and he's still able to tweaked his team and shutdown Belgium, Netherlands and even Germany's attack. Even with that Higuain miss, we'd still beat Germany if Di Maria's available. There would be no extra time needed.

Christina99 and soul24rage repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sabella had won the league and the Libertadores in a short period of time. He even pushed that great Barcelona team in the Club World Cup. Yet, he always felt more comfortable as an assistant than the man leading the team but he was beloved and respected by his players. Perhaps if his health permitted, he could have led us to 2018 and I’m sure we would have won those CA titles in Chile and the US but we had that jabroni Tata Martino…

However, a manager cannot stick around for too long. Uruguay almost learned that lesson the hard way. Gallardo has been at River for 8 years now? I know he’s well paid and whatnot but you would think it is time to move onto a different project. The team and the club may also want a new voice. He should take a break after River for a brief period and then take a job in Europe. I know he was loved in Monaco and weren’t there rumors of him perhaps going to Monaco? Or he could perhaps find a project in Spain or Italy. You want to eventually challenge yourself.

I think Scaloni has a good thing going. He’s basically picking the best players, giving youngsters players and reading the game well. And what do you know? It has worked out. It is not rocket science. (But it’s important to note that he’s surrounded himself with some great players. They perhaps see things some of us do not).

But I would remember previous managers would call up some 30 something year old dinosaur that had no business in the national team.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Paredes should stick around until the World Cup is over. I’d rather he continues to work with Messi and they continue to find this bond. He could be similar to what Banega was, who always connected with Messi(Somewhat of a shame that he decided to leave Sevilla, where he was an absolute boss in his final season and took the money and ran in the Arab world. He perhaps could have been a decent back-up).

But more on Paredes to Juve. Allegri recently came out and said he’s happy with the team he’s got. I know there were reports that player and club came to an agreement but Paredes played. If he was close to a move, you’d assume that he would not even travel with the team. So, maybe he does stay. Who knows.

15. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Martinez one intercept, wins a couple of headers. Generally comfortable but not passing much or directing play. That's been handed to slabhead Maguire.

One error at half time dallying on the ball and losing it committing a foul to stop the Brighton attack. Mac Allister completely nondescript as usual playing at DM. If Enzo does not get in ahead of this mediocre player Scaloni needs to examine himself.

Hopefully Garnacho gets on instead of Cristina.

soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Garnacho barely had time to do anything. Martinez mightily impressive again in the second half. Did not put a foot wrong.

Mac Allister has gone backwards. One shot with plenty of time and space put wide.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    What are you watching, he scored a brilliant goal lol

He is like taglafico midfield version. We don't need average players.

afar and soul24rage repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Masche youth side won the cotif tournament with overall record 4 win & 1 draw. They beat Uruguay 4-0 in final. I dont think its very competitive tourney bit its still great to finish as champion.

Burr, afar, SupaMario and 1 other person repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Dybala was great in today’s game v Shaktar. Roma has a very skillful nucleus of attacking players in Dybala, Zaniolo, Pellegrini, and Spinazzola.

If Dybala is able to win the Scudetto with Roma, he will always be remembered.

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He runs more than Biglia though....

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #16046 SupaMario, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022

Dybala was playing like he was at Palermo or his early days at Juve. He played with such passion and vengeance. That moved he did go get away from the defender, only a few in the world would dare. Although, I did notice he was bit frustrated for not scoring but he did it all. I hope Roma hang onto Zaniolo for at least a year. I think he’ll connect well with Paulo. I’ll definitely be pulling for them to at least make the CL. I think they can contend for the league since the Serie A is really wide open this year. Milan, Inter and Juve will be there but Roma will have their chances.

22. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Double rep!

SupaMario repped this.
  23. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    I watched the entire Leverkusen game and Palacios was not very good. He doesn't do anything well and commits reckless fouls. I don't think I've ever seen him make a successful tackle. He did score a rebound/header goal which was called back for offside. It was close.

I was so high on this guy a couple years ago but everytime I watch now, he is a disappointment.

soul24rage repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Senesi to Bournemouth is official. I’m not exactly excited that he has moved to a newly promoted team but let’s what he does. He’ll be face stiff competition, so that’s always a positive.

He was fantastic at River. Let’s see how the entire season plays out before we cast any real judgement. Because we have to remember, he is still 23, and somebody like De Paul took years until he got his footing in Europe. He had his fair share of hype at Racing and bounced around a couple teams in Europe until he made that leap. Tucu’s talent is there, he just needs some things to go his way. But perhaps we can say this, the Bundesliga does not suit many of our players.

Rattlehead, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  25. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Messi has same number of Trophies in last 5 Matches as Ronaldo in last 3 years [emoji88][emoji88][emoji88][emoji88]

Burr repped this.