Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also Senesi to Roma has some traction. His reps are meeting with Roma.

Rattlehead repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Simeone appears to be on his way to Napoli. I think this is probably his last chance to play for one of the bigger clubs in Italy. He played for Viola in the past but his tenure was rather poor. Let’s see if he can make an impact in Naples. If not, he’ll continue being the player that he is now… a medium sized fish(He’s definitely not a big fish) in a small pond… where he scored a chunk of his goals for smaller sides in a brief period of time.

3. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    #15953 DTCrackheads, Jul 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    Haaland is clearly the #1 striker for Man City, so Julian will see a lot of bench time. The question is: will Julian play RW or LW along side Haaland? So far in pre-season, Julian has only been used in the ST/CF role.

Also Julian is young. I'm not worried about him burning out before the World Cup. The more playing time and experience he can get, the better he will be!

soul24rage repped this.
  4. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He will presumably play in the league cup / FA cup games ?

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    During United’s tour, Garnacho was with the team but did not play. Apparently, he was late twice for the team meetings. Ten Hag dropped him and he did feature at all. Their manager apparently thinks highly of him but wants more discipline. The good news is that Licha will be there with him and could perhaps take him under his wing.

Also, Luka Romero has been impressive throughout the pre-season. He’s got that those great runs and is getting close to finishing them. Lazio extended him with a 5 year contract. I’m happy to see that. I hope to see more of him in the Serie A.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  6. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope Garnacho is able to fulfill his talent as his profile and talent is really suited for the modern game.

Wouldn't be a bad idea if he plays either RW or LW as I still think that Lautaro will hold on to the #9 spot and he is only about to be 25 this year.

SupaMario repped this.
  7. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anyone seen the scaloneta tv series?

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Just how bad is the financial situation of Argentinian clubs? I think that's what's causing our player to be so undervalued. Euro scouts know they can low-ball..

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sassuolo just sold a forward to West Ham for €36m + €5m in bonuses… nearly double what Man City paid for Julian

I mean look at what Benfica paid for Enzo… I think they only put $10M up front in the end, with the remainder of the fee being paid in installments upon reaching multiple undisclosed “accomplishments”

It’s sad, but that’s the price to pay with such an unstable peso that devalues on the daily

Burr and SupaMario repped this.
  10. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    This makes me angry. Kid better smarten up, QUICKLY.

Burr repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Club situation…? Try the entire country. If the entire country is down in the dumps, then the clubs are certainly going to suffer. There is a reason why many of our youngsters are going to the States. The USD to Euro is pretty much even right now, so there’s also that factor and MLS clubs pay competitive wages.

Burr repped this.
  12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not yet. Here in the US, it has not been released.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, PSG is trying to push Icardi out, and Roma is linked to him. However, Icardi makes 12 ME a year, and his contract ends in 2024. Unless he goes out on loan where PSG pays 75-80% of his contract, I do not think anybody, let alone Roma, will get near him. If he did go to Roma, that would be interesting. He certainly would not be a starter at this stage of his career, but he would get games with Dybala, and maybe Mourinho can give him some motivation.

I personally think Mou will motivate Dybala this season. He's already told him that he is at the center of the project.

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi doesnt even looks like he's still interested in playing football.

DTCrackheads and SupaMario repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pogba has picked up a knee injury, which will rule him out for 2-3 months. This might accelerate Paredes’ move to Juve. They just need to figure out what they’re going to do with Arthur and Ramsey first. I am a bit worried about Juve’s medical staff and training because it does seem a lot of their players are always picking up injuries. We need ADM and Paredes to be coasting until the World Cup. I was seeing Fideo running like a madman in a pre-season game for Juve… Please, take it down a notch…

locoxriver and Rattlehead repped this.
  16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yep, they need to learn from Messi on how to take care their physical condition and conserving energy for a game that really matter. ADM went all out in every game for RM in 2014 season, being MOTM in CL final, but we all know what happened month later at WC.

I saw a footage of Messi giving a death stare to Ramos because he came up with harsh tackle in training session. Although Messi escaped and put the ball to the bottom corner but still... Imagine being injured few weeks before WC begin by Ramos tackle in training...:rolleyes:

Even though they're professional players, If Im in Messi's position, I would beware of any non Argentine former RM player & those French.

afar and Burr repped this.
  17. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Messi doesn’t run back or help the team ... that’s how he conserves his energy ..

That won’t work for ANYONE else

18. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    I'll be in the stands Saturday night for Juventus vs Real Madrid. Crossing my fingers to see our hero, Angel Di Maria, play live for the first time. Really excited!

Now can we get Paredes to join by then??!!

Christina99 and Rattlehead repped this.
  19. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    * * * Ignore the Trolls * * *

Christina99 and afar repped this.
  20. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I am extremely excited about Dybala’s move to Roma. He remains my favorite player after Messi.

Just look at the reception Roma fans gave to Dybala - insane!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CgfOwJFjX0e/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Rattlehead, SupaMario and soul24rage repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hear Icardi is now being linked to Borussia Dortmund, after the replacement they brought in for Haaland (Haller) has been sidelined indefinitely

Rattlehead repped this.
  22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Romans do show up for the introduction of a player.

I remember watching Bati’s. It was madness.

afar and Rattlehead repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Allegri playing Di Maria for 75 minutes in a preseason match where the temperature was nearly 100 degrees. :thumbsdown:

But ADM was excellent tonight. Soulé just came on.

Christina99 and Rattlehead repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everton are apparently making moves for Guido Rodriguez..

25. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria! Gotta love him