Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Parades is an English, they'd splash $60 in a heartbeat. MU rates players like Carrick & Maguire as if they're world beater.

SupaMario repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Leandro also makes 8-9ME’s a year, which has also scared a lot of teams off, particularly, Italian sides.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Molina is on his way to Atletico. He does appear to be a Cholo type player. But… we know Cholo. Our players have not exactly flourished under him(Perhaps only Correa). But Perez appears to be going the other way to Udinese. One thing about Udinese is that they make good deals. Much of that has to do with them giving young players opportunities. I know some of us were (by now) hoping more from Perez but he may still get that chance. He is still 22.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala formally offered a 5 year contract by Napoli

Historically, this has been a great team for Argentines.. Diego, Pipita, and Lavezzi became icons there

afar, Albiceleste2010 and soul24rage repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mentions Fatso and not Ayala…
    [​IMG]

As for Dybala at Napoli, I think it would be a good move. The only issue is that Napoli want 100% of his image rights. This is apparently what killed off the Tottenham deal a few years back. He wants to keep them. Roma have also offered a deal but Dybala wants CL football. Perhaps we will get an answer a few weeks from now.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Official(All but). I guess I’ll be watching some United matches this upcoming season.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Never a fan of MU , they never really appreciates our players (Angelito, Tevez, Veron) but those were SAF days , lets see how they treat Licha.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A big plus in this case is that they have a manager who already knows him well and has full faith in his abilities. This is a crucial factor. I think (and hope) he can do really well.

A good half season in a club of MU’s stature can hopefully propel him into being the first back-up CB in Qatar, ahead of Pezzella

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agreed. Speaking of Pezzella, I kinda of thing this tackle might be the reason why Scaloni always trust him, even if he's actually not a consistent player.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0bJP0RhcMuE

10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    SAF was in love with Veron but never managed to play Veron's strength, even he had to bench Scholes for him.

Also don't forget Di Maria. He was brilliant until Van Gaal started to curse him.

11. Riquelme100

Riquelme100 Member

Villarreal
    Argentina
    Jun 30, 2018
    Do you guys think Martinez will take Otamendi`s spot by the time WC kicks off in November? I personally want him to succeed because Otamendi is unreliable. He has had good season with benfica, but he has that recklessness in him that can be costly, especially in tight affair games where small details can decide. Also hope Foyth takes the Montiel`s spot. He is bang average. You might disagree, but Foyth has become one of the best defenders in la liga.

12. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disappointing in that Armani, MacAllister and Tucu will be going. A.Correa for Tucu should be a given. Enzo Fernandez v MacAllister. No brainer. Armani v Benitez or Musso. Again a no brainer. I hope these selections don't come back to bite us on the backside. You always pick the strongest squad possible for every eventuality.

SupaMario, ganapordiego, afar and 2 others repped this.
  13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd have Molina as number one. Foyth as the second choice. He's grown as a player. Unsurprising given how few games of first team football he has had despite his age. I reckon he could do a very decent job as a DM as well if he specialized there which is where I think he would be best with his passing range, tackling and in time positional sense.

Personally I cannot see Otamendi- Romero being split up but Licha reads the game so well. Aerially Licha-Romero might be a little suspect which is why Otamendi has that edge. In time though this could be the first choice pairing for a long time.

We had Passarella there before and plenty of top defenders have not been the quickest or tallest. Despite the stupid jokes on redcafe about it.

afar, Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  14. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Roberto Ayala on Lionel Messi's speech before the Copa America final: "I was in my part of the locker room but I heard Messi's speech at the Maracaná and I wanted to go out and play myself. I remember it and it makes my hair stand on end." This via @DSportsRadio.

Roberto Ayala: “Main and key change of our process was that players understood that in National Team was not just only Messi. Everyone had to take center, and instead, players understood how to help him and get stronger.”

SupaMario, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  15. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I feel the Tucu one is going to be one that will bite us as I think Scaloni sees Tucu as Lautaro's backup. I would much rather prefer Alvarez for that role.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15916 Rattlehead, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    I used to hate Otamendi but he played in multiple finals for us, 2015, 2016, 2021, and finalissma, and we conceided zero in those games. So he does have his merit. His rough style bullying attitude can be double edge sword but I think every great team has this type of player. Italy and Spain won WC with hot head players like Materazzi and Ramos and they're red card collectors. As soon as he lifted Neymar like a piece of paper, he made the Brazillians aware of whats coming.

Burr and ganapordiego repped this.
  17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala despite a very limited playing time has managed more important goals than Tucu. He assisted Kun's goal at Copa 2019 group stage, scored the winner against Chile , assisted ADM's winner against Uruguay, scored in finalissima. Against Estonia, Messi last goal came from Dybala's volley.

After his goals against Venezuela and Bolivia in early round of qualifier, Tucu literally does nothing other than pulling a Heskey.

18. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Not anymore, it's clear that Alvarez is now the backup striker if you take a look at the games vs Italy and Estonia.

19. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Only way Martinez starts over Otamendi is if he plays out-of-this-world good with United right from the start.

20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Dybala to Roma may actually happen. I think his net profit could hit about 6ME, 4.5 is guaranteed. The primary reason for Dybala’s apparently is Alexis not wanting to take a pay cut and be moved. The reality is, he does not have to, Inter has a contract that they have to abided by.

Dzeko is not moving either and Inter are stuck with them. Lukaku is on loan, so, what could manifest for next season is perhaps a bit troubling for Inter. Alexis and Dzeko are done as footballers, Lukaku could be called back to Inter, which in essence will mean Lautaro will be sold. So, they’ll be with Tucu and that’s about it.

Inter had every opportunity to get Dybala for free. Yes, his salary would be a bit high but if he’s moving away for 4.5-6ME a year, then Inter have to blame themselves.

Yes, Bremer is on his way and, money is tied up but having Lautaro, Lukaku and Dybala would’ve made for an interesting team that perhaps could have done something’s in Europe. The Serie A was perhaps a lock, and they would’ve gotten their second star by winning their twentieth league title.

But I’m interested to see how Paulo does at Roma. The fans are already calling for him and Mou apparently personally called him. I think he can hit 15-20 league if he’s fit and motivated, which I think he absolutely will be. It is a World Cup year and his place is not really guaranteed just yet.

Stay healthy and motivated, Paulo. We will need you in Qatar.

Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  22. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd rather he moves to Napoli as I don't think Paulo and Mou matches well, but hope he gets a team where he plays consistent minutes. Just him being in good physical condition is all it is needed for this WC.

SupaMario repped this.
  23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I tend to agree. Inter are dragging their feet in the matter. Plus, their owners are a bunch of cheap bastards. Napoli would be good. He gets CL football, I do like Spaletti and it would be a nice fit. Yet, Roma are the only ones who have offered him a contract.
    The news reports are all over the place. But the preseason is starting soon and he needs a club.

soul24rage repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember a few seasons back when Juventus bought Cuti, they also had Bonucci, Demiral, de Ligt and Chiellini. The Juve fans said all of these defenders were better him and there was no spot. At his time in Italy, Romero had all but one great season. I think it was Prandelli, who had him in Genoa, said he was one of the best young defenders he had ever seen. Juve loaned him out to Atalanta for one season, with an option to buy and Romero made them pay for that. He became the Serie A Defender of the Year. Juve scrambled to get him back but the deal with ironclad and Atalanta triggered to buy him and flipped him to Tottenham. Cuti goes onto having a sensational season in Tottenham and now Juve have lost Chiellini who was already old, Demiral who tore his ACL and never became the player he was and is at Atalanta and now de Ligt who is on his way to Munich. They’re now stuck with an aging Bonucci. I just have to chuckle at that because they could’ve had one of the best defenders in the world but they gambled and gambled poorly.

soul24rage and Burr repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina