Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I literally drive to my parents house at 12pm cause my father paid an extra tv subscription so he could watch all sports channel and Im not disappointed.

Watched it in big screen instead of my small PC screen with start stop streaming like I usually did for qualifier:laugh:. I went home afterward and falling asleep right immideately. Thats said, so satisfied seeing the whole squad in such unity, you could tell from the get go this squad is prepared and mentally strong.

Amazingly the match went exactly as I pictured in my head with Lautaro opened the scoring and ADM in scoresheet, although Im not expecting Dybala to hit a goal that late :laugh:

Congrats to the team and to everyone here especially the Argentines:thumbsup::D

This is good for moral booster heading for the ultimate thropy. While we havent reach Italy winning record streak, Scaloni has created new NT record surpassing Coco's record

Loco, Christina99, Burr and 3 others repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well , he's Cholo's student now, so he must have learned few of his tricks:p

afar and ganapordiego repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15578 Rattlehead, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    I knew it was coming since the match was announced:ROFLMAO:, although Im expecting it to be a late goal.

Thats a pic a the real Balon winner & haters mind Balon winner

Burr repped this.
  4. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Lol.

I am really, really happy for Dybala. He is so, so talented.

Other than Messi and Di Maria, Lautaro has really gone up another notch this season. Really unplayable at times.

Man, if Dybala joins him at Inter, I would be rooting for them all the way through.

DTCrackheads, Burr, locoxriver and 2 others repped this.
  5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    1532104825386766336 is not a valid tweet id

Messi didn’t even know (or care) that he won Man of the Match until Dybala told him.

Burr, ShortyMac, soul24rage and 3 others repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also, that goal is pretty much Dybala's ticket to the WC:D

DTCrackheads repped this.
  7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL these scrubs are Europe’s best? :ROFLMAO: I haven’t seen such a spanking like this in a long time!

Obviously Messi was absolutely tremendous today, Lo Celso, Lautaro, and Di Maria extremely solid to say the least, but I gotta take my hat off for Guido. He was a wall today, recovering the ball nonstop (especially in the first 60 minutes). I’ve been very critical of him over the years, but today he showed how much he has grown by putting in that very dominant performance. This was his best showing with the NT to date by a mile. Makes me very happy to see. Will be a useful alternative in Qatar if he keeps this form.

I wasn’t able to watch the game live, so I just finished watching the recording and finally was able to check in on BigSoccer… time to catch up on the thread!

Loco, Christina99, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Side notes:

- I loved seeing Italy’s frustration throughout the match. They knew they were outclassed from the start and there was nothing they could do about it. You could see it in their faces and actions.

- Lo Celso, for as great as he played, was (as usual) lacking on his finishing. Obviously he’s not a 9, but if he could work on improving that part of his game he could become a next level midfielder. He often seems confused when it comes time to shoot.

- Would have loved to see Julian get 20 or so minutes to work on his confidence and team chemistry. The game was over long before he came in, but I get that Scaloni wanted to show the deserved respect to Lautaro. Just a personal wish.

- Lastly, it’s a shame the WC for the first time ever is not in June. We could have really used this momentum to take off. Plus everyone is in peak form. Hopefully all the players stay healthy from now til the end of the year

Loco, DTCrackheads, Christina99 and 4 others repped this.
  10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Since the 80's , everytime Argentina won trophies, its only by a single goal. This is the first dominant victory when there's thropy at stake. As you said, this was very dominant performance regardless whatever excuses haters would come up with. Donnaruma was the only reason why its not 7-0 or 8-0 drubbing.

Anyway, its Messi 40th trophy in his career.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I was just making this comment to someone... sometimes you see a 3-0 and it's somewhat of a "lying" score, if you will... like the team had 3 chances and were clinical, but other than that the gameplay is somewhat even between the two teams. However, here there was an insane difference between the two sides today. Even if it ended 1-0, it would have still been a whopping given the difference in class from start to finish.

12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Finally saw the rematch and what a performance! First half showed we missed Paredes as the build up play was horrible for our standards. Guido was mainly culpable of that, but he was really good in a defensive sense. Messi and Di Maria... I will miss them when they retire. God I love this team so much.

PS That trophy looks so beautiful :D

Loco, Christina99, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I forgot there's that 1992 Conf cup which we also won by multiple margins but that was againts Saudi, not heavyweight like Italy.

This match was one way traffic , but I actually expecting 2-0 at minimum from the get go cause we're clearly a team on rapid rise, they're a team in transition.

The way Di Maria outpaced Chiellini , he made him looked like he's a car that couldnt move to a 2nd gear:laugh:

Loco and locoxriver repped this.
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bye bye Joaquin?

Loco and DTCrackheads repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15590 Rattlehead, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    It seems that Scaloni rates him higher than the other Correa. Even though A. Correa is way more complete.

I love the fact that Paredes always stay with the team and joined the aftermatch celebration at locker room as if he's playing the game.

Fun fact : If Angelito scores a chip, we're winning the final.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chiqui in the back hanging out with the group.

And I got one for you, loco.

[​IMG]

locoxriver repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol too bad the pic is ruined by that dirty bastard in the middle...

Apparently no one could locate poor Exequiel for the pic?

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sometimes you need that necessary evil. I’m just saying…

[​IMG]

locoxriver repped this.
  20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Btw that previous picture got me thinking... Armani and Pezzella now each have more NT titles than Mascherano, Zanetti, Aguero, Ayala, Riquelme, and Tevez combined :ROFLMAO:

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani & CR has 1 thing in common, won Copa & Euro respectively without having to play the final.

Pekerman repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know, I was thinking if we take Lautaro, Julian, Dybala, and Angel to the WC, we would have an absolutely stellar group of forwards. It really is pure quality, and the best part is that it's such an underrated group that has so much potential to surprise outsiders who aren't really aware of just how amazing that list is.

In the past we had first-class stars that the whole world knew like Aguero, Higuain, Tevez, etc... not saying that the current names are unknown to the football world, but perhaps people don't really regard them as elites... I think a lot of people think our forwards are just average (as opposed to say, Brazil or France), when in reality that is one hell of a list. Truth be told, this is the best way to arrive to a WC.

I'm hoping Scaloni goes with those four...

Christina99, Edhardy, Burr and 3 others repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One last pic for you guys..

[​IMG]

Maestro!

Christina99, DTCrackheads, Burr and 3 others repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Copa America official IG is uploading the result & celebration continuously, probably throwing jabs at mbappe's comment:laugh:

25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I think there is somewhat of a prejudice on a lot of our players and Argentine players in general. As you noted, people Ohee and Ahhh at French born players and Brazucas. They do not think that our players are on that level. And for the most part, it has to do with how much these players are being sold for. If a 17 year old Brasileño is sold to Madrid for 75ME, he is the second coming. He has to be! And with the world as it is today, clubs will hype him as is, and therefore will see more shirts.

Again, as you you noted, this is a fantastic group. I think we can use 23-24/26 players at this upcoming World Cup. We are incredibly deep and if we play to our potential, we will be one of the favorites.

Christina99, Burr, Rattlehead and 2 others repped this.