Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You’re a bigger man than me, my friend. I’d push elderly women and children to get a glimpse of the team.

[​IMG]

2. Philipp Morgenstern

Manchester United
    Australia
    Oct 30, 2021
    In June Argentina should play Israel Albania and Iceland in Nations league B and act as a Russia replacement. Playing any European team is better than no European team.

ganapordiego repped this.
  3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #15203 Rattlehead, Apr 23, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
    I often wonder why he doesnt pull the trigger more often, too many times he just try to make a low pass casually....

And thats the goal that won them the league title.

Lautaro scored his 20th goal of the season with a header as Inter is closing for the title. His 8 goals in last 8 matches.

4. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd rather we play Iceland and instead of Israel and Albania, with all due respect, I'd rather play any other teams that are going to the WC such as Senegal, Canada and USA.

Albiceleste2010 and ganapordiego repped this.
  5. Philipp Morgenstern

Manchester United
    Australia
    Oct 30, 2021
    But if Argentina wants to stay in Europe for the June windows that would be the best option

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thats pretty intense going. Scaloni would have to take a much larger squad for a start. I'd rather they have the final and play just one European side and one that is highly ranked that might come at us and one that is the bunkering type so we can assess our tactics and plans.

Bringing extra players always throws spanners in the works at muddling team selection although one or two players might cement their reputations or put their hands up. I am still concerned by Scaloni's admiration for Tucu, Armania and Pezzella for instance. And I want to keep the players fresh as it will be an intense autumn prior to the Mundial. Personally I would not mind seeing some of our squad pick and choose their matches. A word in the ear of their club managers perhaps.

Pezzella and Guido won the CdR on penalties although neither took one.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Congrats for Guido and Pezzella. Although this would only makes Scaloni continues to rate Pezzella:sleep:

ganapordiego and soul24rage repped this.
  8. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    For the Finalissima, Mancini stated in a recent interview he planned on using his Euro squad since it was a reward for that win. So fortunately it seems we don’t need to worry about them sending out a bunch of kids and starting the rebuild then.

9. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Their kids (Raspadori, Scamacca, Tonali, Zaniolo) are better than some of their Euro squad members now (Insigne, Immobile, Jorginho).

I think their two best players are Chiesa and Berardi. Chiesa will obviously be missing, but still should be a good test for us though. They play Germany twice, England, and Hungary all in June, along with us.

I don’t want us playing against teams like those have been mentioned. USA and Canada are fine, but we should try to squeeze in a game against one major European team, if possible. If not that, then Czech Republic/Senegal/Japan, etc.

10. Philipp Morgenstern

Manchester United
    Australia
    Oct 30, 2021
    Well thanks to Russia; Israel, Albania and Iceland are available. I think any European team would be a good test for Argentina because all the UEFA teams are playing non-stop official competitive matches. That's why I think Poland is the most likely team in the wc group to upset Argentina.

11. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Albania would be really good practice for Poland's bus parking tactics. Iceland and Israel are a waste of time, they currently have no talent whatsoever.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Armani has been on a streak of blunders for several games now.... quite worrying

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sooooo nothing has changed?

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Imagine if we win the first 2 games, then Scaloni decided its good thing to have Armani in third game, then we lose and finished second...

15. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    [​IMG]

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean, he did that in CA 4th group game, and he managed to conceided against weakest team of the tournament plus having some nervy moments as usual.

If Poland somehow win their first 2 games, then having Armani could be costly, we could ended up in difficult path like in 2018.

17. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Yeah, I love Scaloni and 99% trust him and his staff. But the Armani backing compared to the growth everywhere else has been bizarre. I think I mentioned on here in March that I was hoping putting him in goal vs Venezuela was just a potential farewell as Scaloni saw a Dibu, Musso, Rulli trio as the obvious WC keepers. My hopes are that he is replaced at River soon. Any chance of the backup surpassing him @locoxriver ?

soul24rage and Rattlehead repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not going to happen any time soon unless Armani is transferred. The back-up (Centurion) is just that.... a back-up player who was previously sent out on loan and returned this season as an emergency option in case something happens to Franco. But Gallardo doesn't appear to be too crazy about him and hasn't even utilized him in less important games where he rotates the squad. He appears to have full faith in Armani, which to be fair is respectable given what Pulpo has achieved with the club over the last few years.

Armani's stay at River may be coming to an end sooner or later, but I don't see him making a move before Qatar. He will almost surely stay in Argentina for the remainder of the year and will start every game, unless he gets injured of course.

soul24rage and ganapordiego repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    SupaMario repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Going back and watching the Juve match today, Dybala was pretty awful and yet he scored a top-class goal. He was subbed out around the hour mark.That puts him at 14 this season and he’s missed a chunk of the season. Perhaps if he was healthy throughout, he would’ve been in the mid 20s by now.

His time at Juve is winding down. Let’s see if he does choose Inter. It would be nice seeing him partner up with Lautaro. I think if Dybala has any hope of making it to the World Cup, he’d have to go to Inter, play lights out, where he links up beautifully with Lautaro and the World Cup list is at 26 and perhaps a player like Papu is out with injury. He’s clearly on the outside looking in.

soul24rage and Rattlehead repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Didnt watch Juventus game but the headline news I saw this morning was Dybala's girlfriend strip naked for insta photo...

22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Dybala is content just being a social media celebrity. some players have the talent but lack the ambition and just settle for flashes here and there on the pitch we have seen it with many players like pastore

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Yea France is gonna be huge problem with Benzema like this just unplayable.

It's crazy how people say Messi had more support than Ronaldo. In reality he was alone carrying Barcelona for half a decade and had a billion dollar team assembled. Modric benzema and even kroos playing high level while iniesta was in Japan at same age..

locoxriver and ganapordiego repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nah. That team reminds me of the 06 Brasil side that had Ronaldo, Adriano, Gaucho, Kaka, Juninho, and so on. That team was ridiculously stacked and yet did not get out of the quarters. I wouldn’t be surprised if France fails as well.

Kroos was garbage today. He’s been crap for a while. I hope he starts for the Germs.

Benzema, is a scumbag. A despicable person. He can piss off. In fact, the entire national team can. A truly unlikeable group of players from top to bottom. Outside of Brasil and England, those are teams that I’d be rooting hard against.

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Switzerland already showed that France is not unbeatable, and its Switzerland.

Brazil is among top 3 fav each time, and hasnt make it to the final since they won 2 decades ago. The last time they made it to semi, they wish they never make it there.