Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Guys, this is the year we win the World Cup!!!

Pekerman, Burr, Albiceleste2010 and 3 others repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I’m okay with Messi resting and not playing. However, we need to continue to field a strong team. I do not want to do any favors for any team. We need to continue our unbeaten streak.

3. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As Loco said this is a vital year. Every effort has to be made on the parts of the players, coaches and the actual association.

From selecting the right training schedules, hotel and facilities and making sure the players that are selected are fully fit (never take an injured player unless they are truly exceptional like Messi) and in form.

I would gather the probables at Ezeiza and tell them that they need to be aware of maintaining their form and there are no definites. And that come October not to over exert themselves for their clubs and play additional matches. They need to be fresh given the break before this Mundial will be so small.

I would use the WCQs and friendlies to practice formations and build in the summer continuity between players and units. For example the CBs and fullbacks and fullbacks and wingers. The CB and DM and the midfield as a unit.

For now the fringe players need to be blooded in as much as possible and show what they can do and if they can handle the pressure. I would set targets in the game in terms of goals, chances created and possession retention and see if the new players can achieve those.

Alexis Mac Allister took his chance with one of his rare starts for Brighton last week. Two goals including a golazo. Supporters of that club are still mystified by his lack of playing time and lack of starts.

Sarmiento who foolishly left Estudiantes has yet to make a real impact with Girona. The odd flashes of skill but wildly inconsistent and this is in Liga 2 where he should be showing a little more than he has done.Likewise Valenti is barely getting any time in serie B.

megamac20817, afar, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  4. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would rather see him go to Villareal. Score twenty or so and then the giant parasites in Europe will wake up. And offer forty million or so.Julian will then have that cache as a proven scorer in Europe. There will be the pressure to play him for the fee paid and supporters interest and expectations.

If he goes direct to a club like United then it's a rotten dressing atmosphere, pressure to play the England youngsters. He'll scrabble around for minutes at a time when his learning curve is at it's steepest.

megamac20817, afar, locoxriver and 4 others repped this.
  5. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like afar I lost my father recently. He was really looking forward to the World Cup so it will be with mixed emotions I will watch this one without him for the first time. He was an England and Brian Clough fan but the player he admired the most was Maradona in terms of his playing skill followed by Platini.

Milan05, afar and Christina99 repped this.
  6. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm so sorry for your loss, sending lots of hugs and prayers to you.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  8. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its also harder to evaluate players when you do wholesale changes and field a completely weaker squad in the first place.

SupaMario repped this.
  9. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My condolences.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As @Albiceleste2010 pointed out, players need to prioritize the national team in the early months of the 2022-2023 calendar. None of these league cups or long travels. The good news is that Qatar is a small country, so travel will be basically simple. Nothing like Russia or Brasil. Players will be fresh. I think we do have 85-90% of the players that will be going. We just have to see if anybody new will make the next big leap.

In other news. Nicolás Domínguez is being monitored by Cholo. He wants him at Atletico(allegedly).

soul24rage repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Palacios did not even make the bench for Leverkusen. Is he injured again?

Alario got subbed-in around the 83rd minute. How delightful!

I don’t understand why neither player is not making a stronger push to leave the club. They need to go to some Spanish or Italian side where they could help right away.

Albiceleste2010, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry for your loss, Albi... I too just lost my father (literally days ago) and will also feel a strange sensation every time a game comes around.

He was the man who gave me the love and passion for this sport, the man who incorporated River into my life — something that has and will always be a constant regardless of where I stand in life.

I remember countless game nights, celebrating goals jumping and screaming like maniacs. The priceless “abrazos de gol”. Championship celebrations. The endless hours of discussion talking about plays, tactics, news, opinions... even just simply talking shit about rivals haha

For those who have ever ventured into the River forum, you know that for years I have posted news and updates. This in a way is a miniature digital version of my little sports newscast I’d give to him everyday when he’d come home from work when I was a kid. He’d give me the nickname “el informativo” because I would read all the news regarding all of futbol argentino throughout the day and bombard him with every single update the very minute he walked through the door. This was literally a daily process for years and years.

Copa Libertadores, futbol argentino, World Cups, Copa Americas..... all those precious moments and eternal memories. Nothing will be the same, but I am glad to have had all those beautiful moments and will hold them tight until the day I pass.

I don’t really post personal info or pictures here, but I leave you guys with a shot of us enjoying a match back in the day

[​IMG]

I've said it before, but it never hurts to reiterate: I appreciate everyone here in the BSA community and always wish you all the best. Don't mean to down any of you with all this, but please take care of yourselves and hold tight to those you care for. And remember, don't stress all the little shit. Life is too short.

Love you guys!

13. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of me and my dad. Here's to all of them, a big part of why we love the game. :)

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    @locoxriver, I am truly sorry for your loss, my brother. Your father clearly did a great job raising a good man.

Albiceleste2010, afar, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  15. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    @locoxriver very sorry for your loss and that was a beautiful post and picture.

Albiceleste2010, afar, SupaMario and 2 others repped this.
  16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really sorry to hear that, my condolences to Albi & Loco, :notworthy: and I wish everyone here a good health.

Hopefully Argentina can lift the ultimate thropy this year.:)

Albiceleste2010, afar, SupaMario and 2 others repped this.
  17. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Albiceleste2010, afar and soul24rage repped this.
  18. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I wish I could tell you it gets better - but at least for me, there’s a huge hole that never fills.

As you know, I am not Argentine, so it was my father who made me love Argentine football in the 70’s. He loved Maradona - and more recently, Messi.

He told me he wanted to see Messi win the World Cup with me. He said that about two things - to see my daughter’s wedding, and to see Messi win the World Cup. Not a single waking hour goes by any day where I don’t remember him.

You’re a good man - I hope you and your loved ones have enough love to share amongst yourselves to ease the pain.

19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Awww man, loco. I am very, very sorry. Everything I said about Albi in the above post - same goes to you.

Some of my most cherished moments on this forum are you and SupaMario going at it (jokingly) with anything River. Always brings a smile to my face.

May God Bless you.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    1480271576545308676 is not a valid tweet id

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clean finish by Dybala in Juve's epic comeback vs Roma:

Nice run and assist by Ocampos in Sevilla's winning goal vs Getafe (~1:00 mark in the video below):

We've talked about it a million times already, but I really wouldn't mind seeing Lucas back in the NT, especially now that we have some games where we'll be able to experiment before the WC...

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ocampos definitely needs to be looked at again. We need to take players who are on form, not players who are riding the bench and their only merit of being called up was they were a part of the CA winning side.

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Btw, thank you all for the very kind words. It means a lot. You are all too generous. It's crazy how I haven't met any of you in person, but I feel like you are all my brothers.

Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread once again. Back to the NT! :speechless:

24. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

Just one more thing I’d like to add - thank you for posting your picture, for sharing with us something so personal in your life.

You’ve just closed whatever physical/cultural distances we might have.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

This guy is £80 million, I mean, a half fit Paredes is way better than this guy. The way EPL rates a player , its not based on quality.

Albiceleste2010, afar and soul24rage repped this.