Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Many people forget, but Higuain actually outscored Cristiano Ronaldo in CR's first season in Real Madrid (2009-2010)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009–10_La_Liga#Pichichi_Trophy

megamac20817 repped this.
  2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Besides, he is worth a lot more than what MU is offering. Hopefully he'll find a better club to go to.

megamac20817 and Rattlehead repped this.
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    .... and then he ends up in Sassuolo :D

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, also one of 3 players with highest goal tally in a single season (36 goals) along with Rossetti & Immobille.

Coincidentally, Dybala was serie A second top scorer that season , but off course CRy7 would came in and ruining his progression.:whistling:

5. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That was before Cronaldo tried to compete Messi in goal scoring. He was all around great player back then. After he lost everything else, and became just a goal scorer, trying to keep up with Messi's numbers.

Pekerman repped this.
  6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like missing penal in semi and final...

Messi would have been crucified.

Albiceleste2010, afar and Bada Bing repped this.
  7. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    What a goal by Lanzini, great feet. Impressive comeback from him this season, really happy for him.

8. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Happy New Year, everybody. 2021 was a great sport year, we can only hope 2022 will be even better.

10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy New Year! Let the countdown to the World Cup begin!

11. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lanzini is in better form than Lo Celso. Hopefully he'd be injury free for the rest of the year.

ganapordiego repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Messi caught covid...

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope all of these Julian to United is just smoke. There isn’t a worst place outside of Eastern Europe for him then United. Spain and Italy need to be his destinations.

15. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Albiceleste2010 and afar repped this.
  16. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think that Julian is a very talented player, but he lacks a "true position" and not tall enough to make a case to be considered a true #9, which makes it difficult for a young South American to land in an ideal place in Europe. Traditionally, Argentineans have done really well in Italy and Spain, which makes it easy for people to say that he should go there. I agree with the "traditional view"

But, I think that there is an outside chance that if Julian lands in THE MOST COMPETATIVE CLUB, that it might actually be a good thing. Manchester YES! . . . but not United. . . Pep loves to play with crafty smallish-forwards - so why not?? I mean, like the song "NY, NY" says, "if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere" -

Yeah, Julian could land at a club like Villareal (or some other nice competitive-mid-level team for a lower tier league like Liga or Seria A) and he can score 17 goals in his first season. . . is this going to get you excited? really Excited? or what if he goes to ManCity, and scores 21 in his first season?

Albiceleste2010, afar and megamac20817 repped this.
  17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just want him to go somewhere he could continue to grow and not rot away.

afar and Loco repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At English club, you can contributed alot and still getting relegated to the bench especially if you're an Argentine , like Tevez in his second season, Di Maria, and even Aguero. Pep prefers Brazillian forward with Heskey goal ratio. As long you could run fast a straight line, thats what EPL managers usually needs.

Players dont need to proof themselves at EPL. Veron and Forlan were top players when they're not on EPL.

Albiceleste2010, afar and megamac20817 repped this.
  19. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would hate to see Julián at ManU, not just because he'd be stuck behind CRonaldo, but because he'd be pretty far down the pecking order even without that prima donna ahead of him: Rashford and Greenwood would probably be ahead of him as well, and he's too good to be the 4th pick forward at a team struggling to compete for European qualification IMO.

I actually think that a "2nd-tier" team a la Ajax, Sevilla or Napoli would suit him better, because if it was all just about playing at the biggest team in the country, well, he's already doing that with Gallardo's River. And he's certainly young enough that 2-3 years as an undisputed starter at one of those teams would only help him grow further, while playing for teams that can either guarantee CL football (Ajax) or have an outside chance at competing for the league against the titans (like Sevilla or Napoli).

But I really hope he doesn't end up in England.

Albiceleste2010, afar, Burr and 5 others repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Major tournament winning players from Kempes , Maradona, Batistuta , Totti , Cafu to more recent ones like David Villa & Griezzman played for teams like Valencia, Fiorentina , Roma & Atletico Madrid.

The perception that world class players needs to prove themselves at big club is just dumb.

afar, megamac20817, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  21. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ok, back to Arg NT

WC qualifying games coming up at the end of January, we already qualified, so its time to start trying different formations and players that have not yet been tested - or maybe bring in back guys who haven't played in a while.

I think that I like to see a formation with Angel Correa playing 90mins and getting a chance to show what he can do, and maybe pair him with Julian/Icardi to see how that would work. Also, I think Lanzini should get a call-up, as well.

It will be interesting to see how Scaloni will now grow as a manager. For the first time, he has no pressure in these games, so let's see how he handles this and what he does

22. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Scaloni will announce the list at the end of next week.

For me, the likes of Musso, Palacios, Lisandro, Quarta, Dominguez, Alvarez really need to start in the rest of the WCQs games. They need all the international experience that they can get.

megamac20817, Loco, DTCrackheads and 3 others repped this.
  23. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Regarding Scaloni's comment of "not forcing the issue" - I think PSG has already communicated to him that they rather not lend Messi for the qualifiers. Also, due to potential transfer deals/negotiations, don't expect Icardi to be released (which would really su#k, because there is always something getting in the way of Icardi playing). . . We may not get the prime guys we want to test for this games, but Scaloni should try things out - he should get weird it (different formations, etc)

megamac20817 and soul24rage repped this.
  24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #13674 Rattlehead, Jan 6, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    Messi already made statement after we qualified that he'd be focusing on PSG , while he didnt say he'd skipped remaining qualifiers, its certainly means he most likely will not play even if he only has a sore thumb.

The pcr test just made it easier for an excuse.

I hope Scaloni will stop his obsession with Tucu, I'd rather see A Correa getting extended minutes.

soul24rage repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Senesi is apparently being monitored by the likes of United and Madrid. West Ham are also interested in him. It is still baffling that he continues to get excluded by Scaloni. I always hear good things about him and yet he gets neglected.