Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #13526 locoxriver, Dec 6, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    Jesus Christ, even Lewandowski is talking shit about Messi now? As if he had any obligation to praise his losing ass during his own award speech, yet somehow that wasn’t enough.

What did Lio do to these guys? It’s like the whole football world is on a campaign to take him down

Unbelievable..

Edit: Ok, I give Lewa a pass... newspapers (Marca, Ole, etc.) were posting articles saying he had taken shots stating "I would like Messi to be sincere and not give empty words," but I finally got around to seeing actual footage of declaration and it was actually a response to a reporter's question (Reporter: "Did you take Messi's statements as a PR move, or as sincere words?"; Lewandowski: "I would want it to be a sincere statement from a great player, not just empty words")

My fault for falling in the media's trap, although I still hold that a lot of other players (both former and current) have been targeting Messi unjustly.

megamac20817, afar, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now I’m more happy Messi won it. It has all his haters seething. And exactly what did Bob win? Another Bundesliga title with Munich for the 100th time? Had he stayed at Dortmund and did it like that then I’d say he’d have a case. Dude didn’t win jack shit.

Lio won a CA, and he was the best player of that tournament.
    [​IMG]

megamac20817, afar, Burr and 3 others repped this.
  3. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    That's the problem with being too humble and building up the ego of a minnow like Lewa who is an absolutely standard striker on well oiled machine. Forget everything for a second and just watch the highlights of all of his goals, assists and plays. They fall so short of Messi's 2021 collection of wonder goals/assist that it is actually very sad I feel pity for this man's self-delusions. What is even worst are the fans driving this agenda they are even more delusional.

afar, Burr, Christina99 and 2 others repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The guy who CRy the most is CR, yet what did he achieve last season? No CL, no Serie A, Euro second round exit , Portugal fell into play off, MU currently sit at 6th place...

Imagine if Argentina lost at QF and sit at 5th place in qualifier and PSG currently sit at 4th place...but off course that isnt the case cause Argentina qualified with 5 games in spare with Messi breaking Pele's record, won Copa America, Psg still sitting at the top comfortably.

In fact Angelito should be ranked higher than CR if it wasnt for lack of marketability. He broke PSG assist record , scored crucial away goals against Brazil & Uruguay.

afar, Burr, Christina99 and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It does makes his win even more satisfying.

[​IMG]

Plus WC finalist & golden ball.

Can anyone show me Lewa with gold medal / thropy with his country? I know CR has one which he didnt even play the final & only had contribution in 2 games.

megamac20817, afar, Burr and 2 others repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don’t feel too bad, Tyc set it up in a similar manner. I fell into a similar trap. Although, my position stands to those who think he deserved it over Lio.

afar, Burr, soul24rage and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All these guys pale in comparison to Messi. Messi IS a football god and a humble, nice and remarkable dude. Way too good for the football world.

Eternal love and gratitude to Messi from us football fans.

Loco and Burr repped this.
  8. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    What I find really amusing is that by belittling Messi’s Ballon D’Or win, they are belittling our Copa America win.

When has Copa America been considered such a lowly tournament, now that we won it.

Copa America has more skill and more physicality than any other tournament in the world.

You look at the skill even Luis Diaz showed consistently, and show me any player from the Euros (maybe other than Chiesa) who showed as much skill.

EDIT:
    Lionel Messi has equalled Pelé in all time career goals: 757. Second all-time in history.

To think he’s also the greatest playmaker of all time...

9. ganapordiego

ganapordiego Member

Estudiantes de La Plata
    Argentina
    Jul 10, 2021
    Before the Copa ended, everyone was raving about Brazil’s recent Conmebol qualifier dominance and that if Messi & Argentina could pull it off in Brazil, he was all but guaranteed the Balon D’Or. Quite the shift in thought by the media indeed.

This was also only the 4th time ever in which Brazil had lost a tournament at home (1950 WC final to Uruguay, 1964 Taça Das Nações vs Argentina, & of course 7-1 being the others). Couple that with the win being in the Maracanã and it’s downright shocking the media gives Messi & Argentina zero credit. If you compare the rankings (Fifa, ELO, whatever), the difference in competition between Argentina & England was negligible (it was essentially even, minus the lowest ranked teams they played—Bolivia & Scotland). Same with Portugal in the 2016 Euros (I believe Argentina actually faced tougher competition overall if you compare rankings).

SupaMario, Burr, Rattlehead and 3 others repped this.
  10. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    great pass by d paul to A.correa who finishes great

afar and ganapordiego repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fatso giving interviews saying Julian reminds him of himself. We all can hope not.

Burr, Cosmin10 and afar repped this.
  12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As I mentioned already a coupled of times, the media and haters are nitpicking the stats. Messi hit 30 goals plus topping the assist chart in La liga last season, he had 5 goals + 2 assists in CL, won everything possible at Copa America, 5 goals in WC qualifier this year , 5 goals + 1 assist in CL so far this year ( 2 goals & 1 assist are againts City ).....BUT the only stats that being look at is the farmer league stats ignoring the rest!:laugh:

afar and ganapordiego repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pre 2014 fatso was great actually. I notice Messi , Scaloni or anyone else hasnt really say anything about Julian which is probably intentional and a good thing not to put unrealistic expectation on him.

afar repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Di Maria also had a great trademark assist for Mbappe, and it should have been 2 assists in that game but one was wasted.

RDP opened his goal account for Atletico in addition to his assist.

15. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    “Today Rodrigo De Paul was the:

The player with the most recoveries.
    The player with the most interceptions.
    The player with the most clearances.
    The player with the most carries.
    The player with the most passes.”

I don’t know if De Paul is the best midfielder in the world right now, but I think he is the best two-way midfielder. I hope he plays lights out at the World Cup too.

16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Higuain was actually great in low-pressure situations. Hopefully Julian will be great in all situations.

17. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Remember when we beat Spain and Germany in 2010 friendlies? He rounded the goallies. When we beat Mexico, he rounded the goalie, but we already have 1-0 lead. Now compare it to his 1 vs 1 in finals againts Germany & Chile with the score still tied, obviously its mentallity rather than skills.

Its no wonder Higuain has always been great in league, no matter what club he's in. He's made for that, to some degree Ibra also always often disappeared in big games for Sweden and at CL KO stage.

megamac20817 and afar repped this.
  18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gallardo says he's not going anywhere.

19. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting that he chose to stay one more year. I wonder if he did this because of the WC or because he thinks better coaching jobs will be available next year.

After the Copa America I thought that Scaloni will coach forever (actually, more like at least 5 years), but after the last few qualifying games he seems like he is getting burned out and might want a rest after the WC - still much can happen, but interesting

afar repped this.
  20. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going to Uruguay never made any sense to me, and there's a lot of not great openings in Europe. Smart to stay IMO.

Two World Cup cycles with the same coach almost never turns out well, so I wouldn't mind if Scaloni moves on as great as he's done. I suppose he could be an exception with how young and fresh he still is. It's mostly the older guys that get stubborn and stale.

21. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Montiel poor in possession and defense in a play that gave up a goal. Sevilla down 1-0 and out of Champions league unless they win here.

22. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Barcelona crashing out of the Champions League today at Group Stage, and 7th in League.

“Messi was carrying the sunk Titanic on his back for years, and he almost won the treble by himself two years back.

Unbelievable.”

Rattlehead repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry, my friend :D

megamac20817 and Burr repped this.
  24. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Koeman just said : Messi alone patches all Barca's problems

25. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah bad new for us haha, but I hope that when he makes a move it's a good one. The sky is the limit for him if he plays his cards right.

locoxriver repped this.