Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    His 2018 is looking more and more like a fluke that we allowed with the help of the forever disgraced tattooed midget Sampaoli. His first penalty goal was a straight run pure speed with zero skill vs grandpa mascherano and he gets 'fouled' by dumb Rojo when he was running himself to the side of the box with very low risk of him scoring from that angle. Last night he got dispossessed just as physically and was crying for a penalty.

Then his second was a simple run after a lucky bounce and shooting straight at Armani. Maybe the worst keeper we ever had.

He is a speed merchant who relies on his crazy physical traits but his technique and intelligence are both low. That 2018 France would never beat our team now.

SupaMario and afar repped this.
  2. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And dont get me started with the fact that it wont be a penal if its our Messi or Di Maria who gets fouled. Remember Ecuador similar foul on Angelito? The contact also started from the outside but off course Argentina wouldnt get a penal, only if its on opposite it would a penal.

There's also Griezzman clear foul on Messi inside the box which gets ignored and never brought up by media.

Mbappe plays like bootleg Henry.

"That 2018 France couldnt beat Switzerland.", Fixed.

afar repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I remember when I was critical of him after the World Cup, I said let’s hold our horses before we call him some future goat. Some people took it as some insult.

I’ve said it before, when players are blessed with speed and that’s where their game really relies on, they have a short career. Once that speed goes and they do have not the IQ and dribbling skills, then good luck.

He’s no doubt a talent but is he on the path of an all-time great? I don’t know. Henry doesn’t get the respect and love he deserves. That guy was next level. Stayed at Arsenal for far too long.

Burr and Pekerman repped this.
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No surprise here, since Almada gave the press a heads up weeks ago, but Velez just formalized Thiago’s transfer to Atlanta United for $16M.

The move will go through in February and will be an MLS record transfer fee. His deal will run through 2026.

Apparently Ezequiel Barco could be heading out to free up a DP spot.

5. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Roberto Ayala on Lionel Messi's speech before the 2021 Copa America final to his Argentina team mates: "What he did before the final was impressive, it made me want to go out there and play, it was very nice. I'm happy for him." This via ESPN.

Meanwhile, Messi’s kids using Ballon D’Ors as foot rest. :)

Attached Files:

6. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I haven’t watched any of West Ham’s games, but does Lanzini deserve a chance with us again?

He has scored against Spurs, Man U, Man City, and Chelsea in the past 4 games.

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think somebody like Ocampos needs to be looked at again. Over the last month, he’s been great. He was amazing a couple seasons back and a favorite of Scaloni but his form dipped last season and was dropped by Scaloni. But how’s he’s back. Maybe he gets another look.

Lanzini needs to continue play like this for a few more months. Not score outrageous goals like this but play at a consistent level.

I mean, look at Coco, the guy started great at the start of the season and vanished again. He’s now injured and out for months.

Same can be said about Simeone, hot steak is over and he’s been a dud. Same thing happens season after season.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing with Ocampos is that besides his good club form, he has always been consistent at NT level.

Tbh Nico Gonzalez is a lot more irregular yet keeps getting called up, so I’m all for giving Lucas another chance

Burr and Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  9. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I didn't watch much of the game but Icardi might as well be a ghost. It's done his career is over. Di Maria has been fully back to his clumsy headless chicken mode. We need an alternative for sure. PSG team is just too low iq, they are literally playing against apes but they don't know how to pass the ball around. It starts from their defense they have no passing ability. That's why Romero is so crucial for us. Man I hate tottenham this cursed club

locoxriver repped this.
  10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One thing I notice about PSG is that the other players has been able to escaped criticism because everyone only pay attention meticulously on Messi.

Mbappe has been poor in last few games, so did Neymar before he gets injured, so did Icardi today, so did Hakimi and the whole team but people has been made it all about Messi.

afar repped this.
  11. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think Medina had a great game vs PSG.

For me, should be in the squad ahead of Pezzella.

Albiceleste2010 and locoxriver repped this.
  12. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    PSG don't look like a team.

Messi creates two great chances but Icardi and Mbappe miss both.

afar repped this.
  13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funny thing that their CL campaign probably would be as short as Barca campaign last season.

Feel bad for Messi & Di Maria but Poch clearly not someone who could manage team full of big egos. He dont have authority over his players.

14. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    I feel like many PSG players don't have desire to win. They feel comfortable, have tons of money and that's enough.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Speaking of comfortable...and they're currently still 13 points clear at the top. I suspect that played a huge role on the players attitude. Why would they run like its "title decider" game while they could play like crap and still sitting comfortably at the top...

This is why they seems to be just in autopilot mode. I mean, when you're 10-13 points clear at the top, and only lost a single game till now, there;s really nothing to talk about other than criticizing your big signing for failing to score.

Burr, afar and Ozora repped this.
  16. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Worst thing is when you have that east competion, you don't need to push yourself futher. PSG stand no chance in UCL if they play like that. Poor Leo, one of few players want to win.

afar repped this.
  17. Programmer

Programmer New Member

There is no
    Argentina
    Mar 30, 2019
    Hello

Messi in 2009 & 2010 & 2011 is the best in football history

but Messi after 2011 dropped

Messi was very very very good in dribbling but now is not good.

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    upload_2021-12-5_18-5-35.png

19. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I've been thinking about Lanzini as well since imo his playing profile fits much better in that left attacking position that Lo Celso is currently playing in the NT (Lo Celso fits much more naturally in the center positions).

As SupaMario said, if he puts in consistent good performances, would like to see him in the NT.

afar repped this.
  20. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pretty sad to see all the attempts to denigrate Messi and his award. Even if there was no award he has been the best player for the last 15 years and still is.

Instead of idiots with agendas moaning they should take the time to appreciate his genius and then remember we may not have much longer to savour it unfortunately.

[​IMG]
    Ronaldo and his factos. :ROFLMAO: What a sad individual. He's not even the best Portuguese player of all time. Eusebio is.

Burr, soul24rage, afar and 2 others repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    These people never make a big deal when CR skipped the Euro final when Portugal won it lol.

As I said before I dont even care about this Balon since Messi won the Copa America , top scorer, top assister, golden ball, all achieved in Brazil against Brazil. I wouldnt trade this Copa over winning those 2 finals against Chile.

CR has never been top scorer, top assister or best player in any international tournament. Messi has won golden ball 4 times (he declined 1 of them). I've yet to thrown in Messi perfect achievement at youth level.

Also, last time I checked MU isnt even in top 6, why isnt he worry about that? ok, maybe he's trying to finish at same place as his Balon rank.

megamac20817, Burr, Christina99 and 5 others repped this.
  22. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And he can play CB or LB. Always useful. His path is upwards and growing. I would include him in my 23.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just as I said, Simeone continues his hot steak. 2 great goals. And what is Romero doing? Lol. The first two goals were on him.

Rattlehead, afar and ganapordiego repped this.
  24. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    All this Messi talk yet he is still producing the most danger out of any other player

1467498544957472777 is not a valid tweet id

Look at all those waster players no one does that regularly like Messi literally every game he creates 2-3 clear 1v1 chances for his donkey teammate. And he has to dribble from midfield with 2-3 players marking and he always gets horrible passes in packed in places. He is fine his dribbling is fine. I don't even think he has any serious injury. He is just unlucky and in a horrible team

Burr, afar, soul24rage and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala also had another great game. Scored from narrow angle and almost scores a long range aswell. He's been looking more lively and stronger in recent weeks.

afar repped this.