Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Musacchio on his way to Tottenham to accompany Lamela ? He wants to leave Villareal. A fee in the region of £15M. Villareal to get one third. River Plate another third. And the parasite agent a third.

Musacchio was the best centre back in La Liga along with Gurpegi outside of the old firm.

Pipiolo repped this.
  2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How about a young NT squad for the next Copa America, all currently age 24 or below:

Rulli/Chichizola/Martinez
    Peruzzi/Funes Mori/F Zuculini, Musacchio/Pezzella/Galeano, Lopez/Fontanini/Magallan, Rojo/Sanchez Mino/Insua
    Kranevitter/Cirigliano/B Zuculini, Romero/Mugni/Erbes, Botta/Paredes/Pereyra, Lanzini/Ocampos/Salvio
    Lamela/Iturbe/Ruiz, Icardi/Ferreyra/Correa

Three deep per position, it is a much more balanced generation of players than the one for WCs 10 and 14. I am really hoping to see new names and talents playing for Argentina starting this fall, it's time to move on from the "Messi generation".

@Albiceleste2010 @Rattlehead @jimmi_moh @charlie15 @canis @Sandinista @SupaMario @Moishe @Andrés_

canis, charlie15 and jimmi_moh repped this.
  3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That will be a good initiative , but i want mix of youth + experience for copa.

---------------Romero-------------------

--peruzzi-------garay---mussacho---rojo--

---------mascherano-----Kranevitter------

lamela-------messi---------------dimaria--

---------------Ferreyra--------------------

subs: biglia,aguero,pipita,iturbe,Rulli,icardi,fazio,ocampos

we should not experiment with entire youth team for copa , we have to win that tournament.

Pipiolo repped this.
  4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #104 Rattlehead, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    The 2015 tournament should be the main aim. If we end the 21 years thropy drought next year, that would be a huge boost for the team heading to 2018 WC. The 2016 Copa could be the tournament for the younger generation, perhaps with few veterans thrown in.

Uruguay won 2011 copa after strong performance at 2010 WC (finished 4th), lets see if we can do the same after finishing as runner up. We overcome Holland and almost beat Germany despite Di Maria absent in both matches, we should be able to win this tournament.

I'd start Icardi ahead of Ferreyra though.

Pipiolo repped this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The price tag is quite high , so many clubs are cant even think about buying him.

7. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pipiolo repped this.
  8. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, agree with your comments. Winning the Copa America must be the main objective as it brings back a senior trophy to Argentina for the first time in a long time. The more I think about it, there is great depth in Argentina, here are some veterans that add to the mix:

Romero/Caballero
    Zabaleta/Roncaglia, Garay/Otamendi, Fazio/Fernandez, Rojo/Ansaldi
    Mascherano/Biglia, Perez/Banega, Pastore/Lavezzi, DiMaria/Alvarez
    Messi/Aguero, Tevez/Higuain

Plus other young players I forget to mention like Marchesin, Colazo, Gonzalez Pirez, Burdisso, Tagliafico, Canteros, G Romero, Affranchino, P Rodriguez, Villalba, Araujo

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    People always says "Price too high" every season, the thing its called inflation, every year or two someone will break transfer record because of that.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still think it may be more useful to mix some veterans as well. Particularly those who may still be able to play in the next WC.

12. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes, I change my mind and agree with this view. Romero, Orion, Zabaleta, Fazio, Garay, Rojo, Fernandez, Biglia, Perez, Alvarez, Messi, DiMaria, Higuain and perhaps Lavezzi are at an age that they can make the next WC if they stay on form, plus one can never discount Mascherano.

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Players like Crespo, Batigol , Zlatan, Tevez, Zanetti, , Diego, Totti, and many other greats are still at their peak in their early 30"s. Batigol was 31 when he boost Roma into scudetto with his 20 goals. Crespo was 31 during 2006 WC. The likes of Messi, Di Maria, Higuain will enter next WC at 30. Baring injury, Messi & Di Maria are a lock.

Italy has so many 30+ years old when winning 1982 and 2006 WC. Their goalie in 1982 victory was 40 years old at the time. I think it should be based primarily on form instead of age and "big name"

14. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is Argentina, there always are young talented promises hungry for a chance. Italy always plays with old teams, we don't have to follow their approach.

15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like I said on my previous post too, it should be based on form not age or big name/popularity. There's no rules whether we should sellected younger and older players. Its merely an example that young or old age not always the factor. Players who can perform at highest level at tournament are what we need, like Masche.

We brought new talents in previous 3 WC but we progressed to the final this time around with only 1 young player.

Argentina always produce world class player, everybody knows that , so I'm not worry about it.

16. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One more point here is , Under sabella we have made a very good chemistry between our offensive line up , Dimaria,messi , kun and pipita. Even tough they didnt fired during WC. they were excellent through out the qualifiers.

Hope the new guns will gel in to the system quickly

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The 2016 CAC would be a better bet to have a team like that. I am all for the pibes or the U23 side representing the team for that tournament, then they can go off to the Olympics that is if we qualify. Some of those players you named, Mugni,Funes Mori, Ruiz should not be a part of any team, I know Ruiz has but he is nothing special. Plus, a team like this will likely have 3 or 4 over 23 players.

The loss will never go away until we win it all in 2018. There are some talented players there, but they need to grow a lot from now until the summer of 2018. They need to produce, our defense and GK i believe is fine, the MF will need to find a proper replacement for Masche(How do you replace a legend like that),I do expect him to be there for 2018, but you need players that not only tackle right, but the intangibles of other aspects of the game. The other part of the MF, the attack, the 1 game I saw of Coco in pre-season, he was great, passed and moved well, played somewhat of a 10 role. It appears this is how Pochettino will play him.

The #9 role needs to be resolved, Pipita is not a starter for us, I do not think he ever recovered after his back surgery. Plus, he has a history of missing chances.. The likes of Chucky, Icardi and even a youngster like Driussi can fill that void. But as I said, they need to produce from now until then, or else, we are going to see these same bunch of attackers, just 4 years older.

Pipiolo repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #118 Rattlehead, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    Lamela hopefully will turn into a worldclass player. We need a worldclass attacking winger to compensate the lack of traditional playmaker. Angelito most likely still going to be one of key player for next 4 years, we won all 5 games with him on the team, he played part on our goal in round 16 and QF or even Messi goal against Nigeria, what a bummer he had to miss the semi and final.:cautious: To think Germany beat France Brazil and Argentina when they didnt have Ribbery, Neymar and Di Maria:ninja:. They narrowly beat us and France.

A World cup is a World cup, nothing bigger in football. However, this team hasnt win any major thropy for 2 decades and its effecting the players mentallity. Whether its Confederation, Copa or this year WC, we simply blanked by opponent in the final. We have our chances and we messed it all up.

Spain winning Euro and then went to win the WC afterward. Uruguay reached semifinal in 2010 and they won Copa America a year later. Meanwhile, we lost 2 Copa America finals and a World cup final in the space of a decade. Player like Mascherano deserved major thropy, instead he has collected 3 silver medals.:notworthy:

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    PSG has stopped chasing Di Maria. I he goes to OT, I think he'll do well under Van Gaal.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bruno Zuculini will be loaned out to Sunderland until January. Good move, he can stay in England, can adapt to the league and culture, as well as get to play game in game out.

21. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Van Gaal always gets the best out of his wingers, from Overmars to Figo to Ribery to Robben. Hopefully, DiMaria will be next to star for him if he goes to Man U.

22. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lucas orban joining valencia. valencia will be have 4 argentines already. Hope they can land perez too

23. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    pastore goal

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pipita still know how to tap the ball in :eek:

25. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    golazo!

I'm a bit annoyed with Pastore, because he could be a key player in our team, but he always seems to be playing just for fun, canito here, canito there... If he would show more determination and huevos, he could be unstoppable.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.