Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Joaquin Correa and Dybala out of the NT list (due to injures) for the october dates, Julian Alvarez and Mauro Icardi rumored to be IN the Scaloni list

2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even with those injuries, I think that the low expectations for the October stretch should be 7pts but we should get all 9pts. Even if we have to win ugly.

After the October games, there are only six qualifying games left. Taking 9pts would put us at 27pts (+ the pts we are owed for the canceled game in Sept).

3. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, I would be disappointed if we got less than 7 points in the October period. Would be great to get all 9 points and just one win from either Uruguay or Brazil in the November, would all but guarantee the NT's place in the WC with some games to go.

(Let's hope the canceled game in Sept result comes out sooner rather than later)

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That’s odd. Inter has Tucu available for tomorrow’s CL match. Maybe he’s ready.

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #12380 SupaMario, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    We know what’s going to happen. Conmebol won’t make any announcements. They’ll see both teams have qualified and make up some excuse and say neither team will get a point, in essence, no win, no draw, no loss. They have to keep those coconut merchants happy.

As for the games. I think it’s going to be a tough 3 matches. I think we can get the 9 points. Away at Paraguay is a drag. But we need to go in and secure points. No let downs. None of that that. Against Uruguay, it is always a bloodbath but Uruguay will come in and sit back. Their first game is home v Colombia, so that will be tough, and their final game is away in Brasil. So,’for them, 5 points is what they will be looking for.

Our last match is home v Peru, which should be 3 points in the bag. We already went into Lima and took full points. So, yes, we need 7 points but 9 is plausible.

And here is the list.

soul24rage repped this.
  6. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Why is Andrada called up? It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things as he's very likely not going to play, but think Scaloni could have called up other deserving GKs imo.

Great list besides that.

locoxriver and SupaMario repped this.
  7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I personally think this is exactly what the 2022 list is going to look like(Or at least 95%, since Kun will probably be there). Is there somebody who can burst onto the scene? I am not sure. I think Scaloni is content with this group. He doesn’t want to overly complicate things.

Players like Emi B and Icardi are on the outside looking in. I like Alario but I wouldn’t mind seeing Icardi be given a look here. I mean, he’s doing well off the bench and is scoring goals.

Loco repped this.
  8. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lost 30 de Scaloni
    Goalkeepers:

Franco Armani, Juan Musso, Emiliano Martinez y Esteban Andrada

Defenders:
    Gonzalo Montiel, Nahuel Molina, Juan Foyth, Lucas Martinez Quarta, German Pezzella, Nicolas Otamendi, Cristian Romero, Lisandro Martinez, Nicolas Tagliafico y Marcos Acuna

Midfielders:
    Leandro Paredes, Guido Rodriguez, Nicolas Dominguez, Giovani Lo Celso, Exequiel Palacios, Rodrigo De Paul, Alejandro Papu Gomez y Nicolas Gonzalez

Forwards:
    Angel Di Maria, Lucas Alario, Lionel Messi, Paulo Dybala, Lautaro Martinez, Joaquin Correa, Angel Correa y Julian Alvarez

Glad to have Dybala back . . . no Emi Buendia and no Icardi. Why not? At this point, we know that Alario is not much more than a good poacher; Icardi is that an more. I don't know which midfielder I would switch for Buendia, but I don't think Nicoloas Dominguez is going to get a chance to play - so not why Buendia over N Dominquez?

It's a solid list and reasonable defenses can be made for each choice, but I think that Buendia and specially Icardi can offer something unique.

SupaMario repped this.
  9. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lol, the newsports mag I read today was super inaccurate. Im glad Tucu Correa was called up and is not injured cause im a fan of The Correas (guaranteed goals)
    Also, Dybala seems to be fit too.

Why not Icardi??? Im kind of shocked, he was scoring a lot with PSG lately o_O

10. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree, Icardi should be called up

11. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Arent Dybala and Alario injured?

12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Christina99 repped this.
  13. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Usually I am in favor of giving guys more rest in the lead up to a World Cup, but this game might be the only chance our team has to face a top team from Europe. I like to see Scaloni try some things for this match, and keeping in mind that this game should be use as a prep for the WC (not for the pursuit of this meaningless trophy)

Burr repped this.
  14. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While they are at it, I hope FIFA also announces our 3 points :barefoot:

Loco repped this.
  15. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Confirmed: #EURO2020 winners Italy will meet #CopaAmerica champions Argentina in June 2022

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/med...efa-and-conmebol-further-broaden-cooperation/

True, but since it's one single game in an official match against the Euro champions with a trophy to win. I'd take that.

Christina99 repped this.
  16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda boring name for the trophy but I'm excited about the challenge still.

Christina99 repped this.
  17. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Christina99 and Burr repped this.
  18. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though if some weaker team decides to go on a fairy tale run to meet us in the final that'd be fine as well. ;)

afar, soul24rage and Christina99 repped this.
  19. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    La Scaloneta, Copa América champions and soon....

Copa Euroamericana champions! :ROFLMAO:

Burr, soul24rage and ganapordiego repped this.
  20. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Lol, Argentina v Saudi Arabia it is then.

ganapordiego and Burr repped this.
  21. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lisandro Martinez looked really good again today for Ajax in the Champions League against Besiktas. For the last month he has been really good, it feels like this is the year he makes the jump. At 5'10 and his versatility, he can play the 5 or as CB next to Romero for the next 7-8 years.

22. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WOW, Golazo de Messi with PSG, a typical run pass recieve shot from the little magician ❤

23. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Messi scores but horrible game by psg
    Can't hold the ball refuse to pass him midfiedlers bar veratti are beyond useless especially the goal scorer they can't string together two passes. Mbappe selfish until he decided to see Messi for the passback. Neymar dysfunctional diving machine. Horrible to wactch.

24. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They need to pass the ball to Messi more, not on defense/midfield. It reminds me of 2010 Argentina with how they waste Messi. He is still great and manages to do magic.

ganapordiego and Burr repped this.
  25. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think PSG is on the cusp of starting to blend together. There is so much talent on that squad. Its a really good challenge for Pochettino; a manager that can govern a team with so many stars and personalities is a great candidate for a national team as well. No complaints about the current guy, Scaloni is far exceeding everyone's expectations

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.