Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    The whole situation with the England based players is so frustrating especially when you compound it with the Brazil fiasco.

They are missing valuable time with their teams early in the season.

They will get back just in time to leave again for SA for the October games? These shenanigans need to be worked out.

I also cannot wait to see a healthy Romero play a full game for us.

Christina99 repped this.
  2. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I do wonder if it's worth bringing the England based players given all the hassle unless they change the regulations. Except for Buendia, we know how good E. Martinez, Lo Celso, and Romero are. The team chemistry is already there.

Imo, It wouldn't be a bad idea that the non-starters like Musso, Papu, Palacios, L. Martinez (Pezzella and Otamendi are both one yellow card away from suspension) get to play with the starters and feel more comfortable with the team. I do think that even without the English based players, we have the starting 11 to beat our opponents in the October WCQ games.

Chesco United and Loco repped this.
  3. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree that we should start playing guys like Musso, Dybala, Papu & Palacio. But we haven't yet qualified and the October games are not cakewalks.
    10-17-21 @ Paraguay
    10-10-21 Home against Uruguay
    10-14-21 Home against Peru

Asuncion is a tough place to win, and home against Uruguay won't be easy. I can see Scaloni doing the same thing he did with the September games, "we will play the best starting XI for first two games, and then some of the players get to leave and travel back to their clubs" b/c we can win against Peru without them.

Regardless, I think it would be too early to start experimenting with the line-up. That's for 2022.

soul24rage repped this.
  4. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Agreed, but I also want our impact players to build more chemistry. How many games has Romero even played for us? Not many. We can't just throw him in the world Cup and expect his best. He needs to play NOW.

Lo Celso has a very important role and he needs to learn to play with Messi, Lautaro, De Paul, etc. He needs to build more chemistry. Our team will be stronger for it. I dont like this stupid situation at all.

Loco, Christina99 and soul24rage repped this.
  5. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Of course as I am praising him, Palacios is injured and will miss the games next month. Out for at least a month.

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is a shame that he is such a physical fragile player.

Burr, soul24rage and locoxriver repped this.
  7. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will get the 9 points on the october dates

Loco and Chesco United repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh, FFS, Tucu Correa left the pitch in tears in the 30th minute. Just in time for the qualifiers…

10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do our guys not drink enough milk or something why always injured?

11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I was going to ask “What’s in the water in Tucumán?”

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So… why isn’t Buendia playing? Emi is starting between the posts and Buendia is riding the bench. I didn’t know Aston Villa were that type of club who could sit their record breaking singing.

13. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I criticized the guy at the Copa but since the start of the season he hit an unbelievable form... We need a mandate for the all the players to wear those middle eastern evil eye protectors until the WC

Rattlehead repped this.
  14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Okay, looks like they(Emi B and Emi M) just arrived from Croatia today. Martinez just doesn’t care and decided he’d play, lol. What a beast.

Christina99, Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  15. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who are you talking about?

16. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know we were down on Barco earlier but he seems to be turning it up. Heck of a free kick here and a strong season for him so far.

Chesco United and Rattlehead repped this.
  17. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    J correa didn't he get Injured?

soul24rage repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe Icardi will finally get his chance, at very long never ending last ... Or at least Dybala.

He repeated his ruled out goal against Bolivia. This time he's onside. I noticed he has improved his poaching ability.

Loco and Chesco United repped this.
  19. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Only a bruise for Joaquín Correa aparently, nice. His running with the ball is great off the bench, he doesn't look THAT fast but just glides past players in full control.

A shame about Palacios. The positive thing is that he seems to be a certain starter for Leverkusen's new manager.

Pekerman repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Only caught the highlights of psg
    Poch lost his damn mind starting Herrera and another runner whatever his name. What a joke these midfielders incapable of any creativity. Paredes gets punished but he has more creativity in his little toe than 97% of current mids

Christina99 repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Meanwhile Dybala and his team is at 18th place after 4 games, without a single win.

Icardi hopefully will play in next month qualifier.

Messi maybe just needs to find his first goal to settle himself. Notice how everyone seems to be freaking out just despite PSG actually won all 6 games and sit at the top of the table. Its because the preasure of having Messi and he's yet to score.

Christina99 repped this.
  23. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi is a legend. Pochettino needs to let the king play all the minutes he wants.

Good for Icardi scoring! Maybe he gets a call from Scaloni for the october matches

Rattlehead repped this.
  24. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd say it again , Messi simply needs his first goal and that's it. Too much media attention since he moved there and everyone will only stop freaking out once he open his scoring account.

PSG can probably win the league with their eyes close. They've been so bad that they won all 6 games and topped the table. It only looked bad because Messi has yet to settle with their system.

Off course they've bunch of mindless runners but I'm talking about their overall result so far and people wouldnt be making fuss about it if there's no Messi.