Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #10876 Rattlehead, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    The key is to have midfield that could maintain possesion without losing the ball in counter attack situation. Argentina conceided 6 goals in last Copa and 5 of them were same exact counter goals which opponents simply run from the wing and squared it to the center.

However, when you have Messi playing in midfield, you basically has one less player who could fight for the ball in midfield because Messi these days will only run when he's on the ball but he aint pressing and maintaining possession.

Paredes seems like playing at good level at PSG at the moment, he also provided an assist in WC qualifier last time around, but he needs to be paired with the right DmF.

Otamendi against any top attacking players would be a nightmare to watch but it seems that he's Scolani good friend lol

There are 3 Argentines at PSG (4 with the manager), so even though I never like mercenary's club, hopefully they'd win the CL.

2. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan

afar, manu chao, Burr and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    If he plays... I still like our chances.

4. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Anyone still questioning Lisandro? Calling him a hack of all trades master of non? The boy is putting MoTm performances weekly. One of Ajax players of the year. He has elite potential. Romero+Lisandro that’s the cb pairing in copa if scaloni is serious. Romero can help with Lisandro height problem. Both are good with the ball. Lisandro is actually insane on it, hummels like. Soo smooth. Short of that 3rd choice is senesi. Add in Perez for the wc and we might just have something.

afar repped this.
  5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Was anyone questioning him really? From what I've seen, at least on this forum, everyone has had a hard-on for him for the past 2 years...

Apparently he's being linked to Barcelona (along with Senesi), but that might just be the press making up shit again...

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BTW, anyone know what's going on with Nehuen Perez? He seems to be a sub for Granada every time I run into their games, and the fact that they released him in March for the pre-Olympic team further proved he isn't fundamental to them.

Do they simply have better players in his position, or have his performance levels dropped?

7. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I remember Li Martinez and Romero playing together for an U-23 match and they looked good together. However, granted it was only a U-23 match.

Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Romero is also being linked with Barcelona. Rumor is Atalanta are going to trigger the loan-buy option and then he goes to the highest bidder.

Also Foyth is also apparently killing it for Villarreal.

afar, Duchene2Mackinnon and locoxriver repped this.
  9. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I read on here people called him jack of all trades master of none. People rated Senesi over him I think too. Anyway boy is a beast.

Lisandro to barca makes sense given his style. I read it not sure if barca will have the money for it. I could see it though.

Kind of a similar position Palcios was in. Granada is an underdog who have a coach that is doing well for them. THey're team is set why fix what isn't broken. He's barely played and when he has its decent. Atleti should've called him back in January and found a spot where he is needed though. Its on them.

Would be stupid of Juve to let him go. De ligt and him that sets your defence for a decade.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t think Juve has a choice in the matter. They put that stipulation in his contract. I don’t even think there is a buyback clause.

They messed up. Bonucci and Chiellini are done. Demiral hasn’t been the same since his ACL rupturing.

11. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Bananas if they have up for nothing. I’d like him in Juve tbh. He’d do well there

SupaMario repped this.
  12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The craziest part is that his buyout clause is even less than what they paid Genoa for his transfer. Juve will come out losing €6-8M for a player they never even played, or even gave a chance to compete really.

I still don't understand why they bought him in the first place if they didn't actually have any plans for him. Must be nice to have 26 million euros to throw around for the hell of it... :rolleyes:

Burr, Duchene2Mackinnon and SupaMario repped this.
  13. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Does anybody know when we will be playing our next game, and when the suspended qualifiers against Uruguay and Brazil will be played?

I look at our fixture list, and I don’t see any space in the calendar for us, unless it’s January 2022 or something. European seasons end around May 23rd, and our qualifier against Chile is June 3rd.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/team/fixtures/_/id/202/argentina

14. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The next game is against Chile on 6/3. For the suspended qualifiers against Uruguay and Brazil, my guess is that it'll be a triple WCQ match per 1 international break in Sept and October like how Europe is doing at the moment. (3 WCQ games in one international break when normally the team only had 2 in one international break).

The team also have WCQ matches scheduled in Jan/Feb 2022 against Chile and Colombia. Don't know if the European clubs will release their players during Jan/Feb 2022 time.

afar repped this.
  15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Two nice goals from RDP. But he also picked up a straight red. Perhaps a bit harsh but they held onto the victory. Molina gave away a PK.

16. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Palacios subbed at half. Didn’t have the best game tbh. The whole team looked stuck on neutral

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As @soul24rage said, there isn't a scheduled date yet for the Uruguay/Brazil matches, but I must add that Uruguay got a bit lucky with the postponement: both Cavani and Nandez were going to miss the match vs us due to suspension, but now they'll just serve that timeout vs. Paraguay instead.... in turn, they'll be available against us whenever this game finally takes place. :thumbsdown:

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  18. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That definitely isn’t fair tbh

19. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Would have been great to push all the WCQ games to the next international break and play Uruguay and Brazil in the June international break before the Copa 21 starts.

Also, might as well just throw in one more WCQ in June for a triple WCQ match since Australia and Qatar are not participating in the Copa anymore.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like the shit just hit the fan with this "European Super League" nonsense. Might affect our players a lot.

22. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A world super league. Have teams from all over the world play each other... to the death!

Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wasn’t Guardiola complaining like a week ago about how FIFA and UEFA are killing the players with these calendars and competitions? “They’re humans, not robots. The schedule is excessive” .... and now Man City are one of the 12 founders of this new league that’ll add mid-week games between league matches? :confused:

Well it is what it is... as long as Chiqui Tapia & Co. don’t start getting crazy ideas and try to emulate it in South America, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did

SupaMario and Burr repped this.
  24. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Hopefully Messi won't sign with Barcelona now.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At this point, I'd rather bring Icardi to Copa than glass knee Aguero.