Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Look goods though i prefer the 2018 kit.

2. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is Adolfo's agent's quote “Let’s hope he can have an extraordinary future in Serie A, like Gabriel Batistuta at Fiorentina or Hernan Crespo at Parma and Inter. We hope we can have a similar opportunity, Adolfo is working every day to improve himself and to try and fulfill this kind of dream. Let’s see what happens, hoping he has a good chance to one day join a team like inter, AC Milan, Juventus, Roma… Adolfo had interest in January from some of those clubs, as well as a few informative phone calls, but it never became anything serious. Obviously that interest was pleasing all the same, although today we’re more than happy at Benevento.”

Pretty crazy stuff coming out, Gaich's agent is claiming that Adolfo needs to be playing at Juventus, Inter or Milan next year. . . amazing. This kid's career might be back on track, but he's already talking about being an alpha at one of the top clubs. . . this could lead to him either riding the bench at one of those top clubs or it might work. . . I rather have him show his worth first

SupaMario repped this.
  3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well in that quote he did say “One day join a team like...” but yes,‘I agree, some managers need to shut their trap. Pushing a player too early or advising them to move to a certain club or league can hurt their career.

Loco, locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  4. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All some guys care about is their cut, which is probably part of why so many of our players go to Russia for big bucks.

Loco and SupaMario repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

PARAMOUNT+ BECOMES ENGLISH-LANGUAGE U.S. HOME OF ARGENTINA’S LIGA PROFESIONAL DE FÚTBOL

Burr repped this.
  6. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina's U23 team lands in Japan for two friendlies. This is our squad!!
    Goalkeepers:
    Jeremías Ledesma (Cádiz)
    Joaquín Blázquez (Talleres);

Defenders:
    Hernán de la Fuente (Vélez)
    Kevin Mac Allister (Argentinos Juniors)
    Nehuén Pérez (Granada)
    Nazareno Colombo (Estudiantes)
    Milton Valenzuela (Colombus Crew)
    Alexandro Bernabéi (Lanús)
    Tomás Lecanda (River)
    Bruno Amione (Hellas Verona)

Midfielders:
    Santiago Ascacibar (Hertha)
    Santiago Colombatto (León)
    Lucas González (Independiente)
    Juan Brunetta (Parma)
    Santiago Hezze (Huracán)

Forwards:
    Fernando Valenzuela (Famalicao)
    Agustín Urzi (Banfield)
    Matías Vargas (Espanyol)
    Adolfo Gaich (Benevento)
    Enzo Cabrera (Newell’s)
    Benjamín Rollheiser (River)

Excited to some some of these next generation players get time together on the pitch. Some of them are already in Europe, but not getting a lot of playing time (Santiago Ascacibar I'm looking at you!) but they are here. Not sure why Julian Alvarez was not called, but excited to see the rest.

Players to watch?!?!?

7. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Clubs didn’t have to release players, hence Alvarez exclusion. Personally, I’m glad Gaich is released, want to see how he is going to do. Colombatto who I was really high on was in the Serie B forever and now is in Mexico is somebody I want to see again. Valenzuela had some glimpses of talent, surprised he’s in the MLS. Some names are familiar and many are not. I guess we just have to sit and watch and see how they do.

locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don’t get why Jeremias Ledesma is always part of the U23 team rosters... don’t get me wrong, he’s a very decent keeper, but he’s 28. Why is he always the only overage player in the squad, and is he really that good that he deserves to take one of the few over-23 slots in the Olympics? What kind of connections does this guy have??

Completely unrelated, but speaking of connections — in Europe they’ve been linking Guido Rodriguez with a possible move to Arsenal. He might just end up staying in Betis for all we know, but dear god it’s incredible to see his name even being in the same sentence as a big English club. Between that and his regular undeserved presence in the NT, the guy is competing with Maxi Lopez to see who has the better agent

SupaMario repped this.
  9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #10809 Rattlehead, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    Gaich scored the winner against Japan. Used his height adventage to head the ball in.

The team looked rather disjointed and weak.d.

locoxriver repped this.
  10. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    manu chao, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  11. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Well, yes, it's a ragtag team made last minute. Half of these players won't go to Tokyo, most likely.

12. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was a good goal by Gaich. I am glad that he keeps scoring, that's what you want from a #9, you want him to be hungry and build an instinct for scoring inside the box. I am still BULLISH on Gaich. And I am HODL on his stock.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, no Lisandro Martinez, Julian Alvarez, Alexis MacAllister, Senesi, Zaracho, etc..

Then all the real U-23 cracks are already part of the senior NT... imagine how much the Olympic team would improve if it incorporated players like Exequiel Palacios, Lautaro Martinez, Montiel, Foyth, Nico Gonzalez — all players eligible to participate in Tokyo. Hell, even Facu Medina and Nico Dominguez would add some quality.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Let’s not get crazy.

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean he's not Zanetti, but next to Hernan De la Fuente there's quite some difference in caliber and establishment in the football world.

16. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Argentina have a very strong core of U23 players, it’s just that most of them are not playing in Japan. In fact, most of them are on the verge of the first team.

Argentina had this weird dip a few years ago when they were barely producing any talent. Because of that dip the team was very weak at the 2018 World Cup. The generation of players born between 1989-1993 was very underwhelming overall. A few quality players here and there (Dybala) but overall it was a disappointment.

I have more faith in the current crop of players who are about 19-23 years old.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Most of what they produced were forwards best utilized out on the wing. With very little IQ LAmela, Correa or Pavon. Now they are producing players all over the pitch. Hell CB prospects might just have the most depth. When you have the likes of Senesi one of the best CB in the Dutch league arguably not in your top 3 cbs you know something good is up.

afar repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Does anyone know when Dybala is supposed to be back? Actually miss seeing him playing. The only good thing about Juve I like, other than Chiesa.

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He’s going to be back after the international break. He’s been busy dancing on Tik Tok videos.

locoxriver and Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  21. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Alligeri did a number on that poor boys career. On his day he's elite really wish he escapes Juve and gets back on track.

22. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The early 200s was a crazy production of Argentinean talent, but you're 100% correct; most of the talent was hybrid of forward/attackers/wingers, and for the most part, they were all undersize.

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So, Kun will be leaving City. There are only a few options. The guy had a hell of a career at the club.

Inter
    Atletico
    Barcelona
    Perhaps Juve.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I kind of wish he returned to Independiente like he originally promised (back in the day he said he’d return when he was 28, then he changed it to when his contract with City ended) for the sake of futbol argentino, but who can blame him for wanting to stick around in the comfort of cities like Milan, Barcelona, or Madrid while representing European elite rather than returning to the joke of our unorganized league (and even moreso the circus that Independiente is)

SupaMario repped this.
  25. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We know the routine. He’ll go to one of the bigger clubs for a year or two. Then off to China or one of the oil rich Arab countries for one last giant payday and then maybe he’ll be back to Argentina. But maybe he’ll stop at the MLS. I wouldn’t be surprised if they come knocking as well, particularly that Miami side.

I was going to say he may stay in England, since his kids are still really young and then I just saw that Benjamin is already 12... How come he isn’t some crack already?! That kid has genetics like nobody’s business. Then again, his father is worth a ton and it is really hard to be motivated when that it is the case.

locoxriver repped this.