Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro was awful today v Juve. This has been a trend over the season. I fear we may struggle to get goals in the qualifiers unless Messi has to rescue us again. Our attacking players have been either injured or subpar. A bit concerning to be honest.

2. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It makes the weekends a bit dull but we should be fine come Copa. Qualifiers next month is another story.

3. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Should be fine until the next injuries hit.

The positive from this is it forces Scaloni to try out some different looks. Not a great time to do it against Uruguay and Brazil.

Can we please see Emi Martinez and Romero? With our luck, Otamendi and Armani will be peak fitness next month.

afar repped this.
  4. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My gripe with Lautaro is that his technique lets him down regularly. Poor first touches, missing easy passes etc. Too many attacks die when the ball reaches him outside of the penalty area.

5. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair (and I'm obviously the biggest Brady fanboy ever now that he won with my Bucs!), quarterbacking in American football isn't quite as physically demanding beyond the hits you can take from time to time. Brady in particular doesn't run around a whole lot, and basically plays only like 10 minutes or so of actual action compared to a 90 minute soccer match. Messi is pretty good at conserving energy though, so between that and the advancements you note maybe he squeezes more production out of that small body of his than most.

afar and SupaMario repped this.
  6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good year for you in the world of sports. Congrats.

Yeah, I see your point. I was just referring to maintaining your body and not turning into some slob who goes out partying every night. Messi doesn’t do that. The guy is an introvert.

Messi’s perhaps lost a bit of his bursts but even then he does what he wants. I think Messi can still easily play until he wants to. He’s still the best in the world.

Duchene2Mackinnon, afar and Burr repped this.
  7. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hernan Crespo is set to become the new manager of Sao Paulo. He is doing this right. He started with smaller teams, making mistakes and learning along the way, and seems to now be showing signs of becoming potential a noteworthy manager.

Rattlehead and SupaMario repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi was quite good today for PSG. Had a shot that went off the post that rebounded for a goal. He also provided an assist for their GW goal. He’s probably been our best forward since the new year that is not named Messi. Sadly, he’ll be ignored again.

9. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  10. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Benitez called up for France, Martinez called up for England, while Scaloni stays loyal to Armani. :rolleyes:

Alario, Ascacibar, Icardi, Quarta, and Medina all started for their clubs this weekend. Alario and Icardi both scored.

Paredes played perhaps his best game yet for PSG

1360679909006442499 is not a valid tweet id

Loco and SupaMario repped this.
  11. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As noted above, LMQ has been a starter for Viola for the last few weeks. They also play with a back three, where Pezzella plays alongside with him. Atalanta also plays with a back three with Romero at the center. I’m wondering if Scaloni will try again. Romero can play in a three, that’s all he’s really played since moving to Italy. He’s got the pace and strength to win balls. My only concern with Romero is that he picks up a lot of yellows. If he ever gets called up and is a starter for a tournament, expect him to miss a game or so.

We do have young strong defenders for the first time in quite a long time. It just depends if Scaloni is going to play them or even call them up.

Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  12. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #10687 Milan05, Feb 14, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    In the Villarreal vs Real Sociedad game right now, both Foyth and Guido are playing in midfield.

Both Balerdi and Benedetto have just been sent off for Marseille :ROFLMAO:

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lautaro club form doesnt seems to impact his NT team performance though. Lots of players somehow just turn it up when playing for NT , some would be another way around.

He's back on scoresheet again today and also won a penalty to sent Inter to the top of the table. Should have had an assist aswell which was blown away by his teammate. His best tally in the league previously was last year with 14 goals in 35 games, but so far he already gets 11 in 22. Regardless his inconsistency, that's still an improvement.

Duchene2Mackinnon and Milan05 repped this.
  14. AD Sportwereld Team of the Week matchday 22 season 2020-2021.
    upload_2021-2-15_14-34-48.png

Burr repped this.
  15. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Emi Martinez accepts a call-up for England, I might just give-up on the Argentina NT. IMO, he has been the best Argentinean goalkeeper for 2 years now, and gives us the best chance at winning. I really like the calm that Armani has on the NT, but its time for Martinez. Seriously, I can't believe that this argument actually needs to be made public.

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Martinez accepts a call-up for England, then good luck to him ever stepping foot on Argentine soil again

17. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Romero,Senesi,Lucas two of those guys are a must while the 3rd is on the wings as insurance. To me right now Romero is head and shoulders above everyone. Game in and game out the kid brings it. He can pass, he can tackle, he's a beast in the air. He's got pace, IQ and everything else you want in a modern CB.

I'm just salivating at the embarrassment of riches on the back end for the NT. Once Perez gets out of Granada he will be excelling. Romero, Senesi,Perez and Martinez all have elite potential. Not to mention the other cracks. The days of Otamendi are over gentleman.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Musso is still being linked to Inter and Roma. It appears we will be moving sooner or later. Handanović has another year left on his contract, so he could make the move after that.

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Paredes with an amazing pre-assist and dominating djong all game
    and an amazing free kick assit
    i am ready to debate top 10 midfielder status lol

Icardi with a mis-hit, missed header and a very stupid flick. He is still moving well

Loco and Rattlehead repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi’s movement is great. He continuously opens up space for his teammates. He should have a goal tonight.

Paredes has been outstanding.

Loco and Rattlehead repped this.
  21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We'll see what he could do against Brazil and Uruguay. He did played well against Brazil in that rigged Copa though.

22. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    he even was perfect with his tackling it was a flawless game 92% passing
    he's not the current favored mold of boring physical work horse so i am sure people will always find issues
    but his long range passing is prime Veron level something I havent seen at all in recent times

23. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    In order to get the best out of Paredes, you have to pair him with a workhorse. Gueye from PSG is exactly that. He is average on the ball, but an incredible athlete who is always covering for Paredes defensively.

De Paul is versatile enough to excel in any midfield position. If you play De Paul as a playmaker, you need someone like Guido or Ascacibar to cover for Paredes defensively. If you play De Paul as defensive midfielder, then you need creativity from someone like Lo Celso or Mac Allister.

The right balance should be found.

DTCrackheads, Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  24. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Paredes was good yesterday. So was the whole PSG team, against a horrible (as usual these days) Barca. Wouldn't put too much into it; let's see how he does against a City, Bayern, Juve etc.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, I wouldnt go as far as saying he's world beater . Barca recent winning streaks only gave false impression of their true form.

There's almost no game this season where they didnt conceided a goal. Even if they win, it would be 2-1, 3-2, 5-4. They played 2 formidable teams (Sevilla & PSG) in past 2 months, lost both. Also xouldnt beat Bilbao when it matter.

Beating mid table league teams will always achievable with Messi on your team . I think Messi would be joining City soon.