Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I was reading some barca forum out of boredom and seems like half the retards there blame messi lol pathetic plastic fans of course

I even found this guy's post there. he doesnt think Messi is top 30
    lol troll gtfo

2. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He might be a troll but to be fair Paredes isn't a top 10 midfielder.

3. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    #10528 Pekerman, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    not even top 50?
    messi not even top 30
    100% troll typical overly pessimistic troll shitting on argentina talent

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its typical millenials who's born post 2000s who thinks every current top players are "top 10 players of all time" and then 5 years later, they'd move that player out from their top 50.

Trust me, I also followed boxing and MMA and most of their casual fans are the same. All the recent champs would be claimed as "best of all time" only to be labelled as bums , PED users, etc after 1-2 losses lol.

5. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    That’s obviously nonsense but Paredes isn’t that good. There isn’t really an argument for him to be in anyone’s top 10.

6. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    If inconsistent mostly garbage players like pogba make it to top 10 then that tells you the state of the current crop of talent nowadays. Anyway it's just funny that guy absolutely shitting on messi on a barca forum but acting like a national team fan here. Too many trolls

Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  7. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I agree I post on other forums and the nonsense is pretty crazy. Speaking to barca some act like Dembele is a generational talent.

I disagree on Pogba tho he’s very inconsistent but he’s miles ahead of Paredes. What Pogba lacks is heart doesn’t engage enough and his style rubs people the wrong way. He offers way more than Paredes.imo

8. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Its not just about heart or style you are rated based on consistent performances at high level. At this point I struggle to even see who the top 10 are. Look at someone like Frenkie De Jong highly rated few years but how is he with barca? Granted not completely his fault thats a sinking ship but his performances are so average if he had the same crowd here he would be crucified for all his sideway passes. My point is that there isn't a big gulf between our midfielders and the supposed top its all very flat right because modern football doesnt produce midfielder of the caliber of the zidanes and riquelmes not even cambiassos i would argue. Paredes at Roma was good level, he derailed his career going to Russia but he is back relatively consistent now. He is like a Gago minus the injuries so far.

9. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I can still think of 10 midfielders that are clearly head of him. He might have derailed his career but his move to PSG wasn't much better.

KDB,Thiago, Kante,Verrati,Fabinho,Koke,Saul,Kimmich,Valverde and Bruno. This is a conservative list to others guys I can think of are a step ahead of him. I just don't see what Paredes brings that really makes him elite. His defence is below average, has trouble with mobility. Sure his passing is pretty class but as a DM that should be ideally your 2nd or 3rd attribute not a first and more importantly for him his only attribute. I much rather have a ball hound and a defence first oriented DM.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  11. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    who says he is a pure DM? A lot of teams arent playing with a pure destroyer the position is outdated its more of a collective effort now. You don't rate passing for midfielders but for me its the an important attribute so we already disagree about the criteria. That list is so underwhelming no wonder I cant bother watching most games. I mean if midget Verrati who never done anything in his life and marathon runner kante are the best midfielders then soccer is a dying sport lol. I wont even touch on the rest of the list, aside from KDB who has so much attacking freedom he doesnt even fit your definition of a mid, the rest are a bunch of average nobodies on well managed teams they dont stand out individually at all.

12. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sabella has passed away... RIP sir. Fk 2020

afar, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sabella, an example of profesionalism, ethics, respect, and hard work in a football world full of corruption and egos. A true gentleman of the sport.

Rest easy Pachorra. Thank you for your contributions to Argentine football.

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sheesh. What terrible news. He gave his everything to what he did.

Duchene2Mackinnon and soul24rage repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Such a decent man, Sabella. Heartbreaking.

17. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Damn Shame about Sabella.

18. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This is such a bad take... I think the bold says it all.

19. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    Enjoy watching koke pass the ball :ROFLMAO:

20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn’t watch the match but apparently Romero had another solid performance for Atalanta. I can’t imagine he’ll continue to be ignored for much longer.

21. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Not applicable to this thread, but Paolo Rossi has died today. 2020 has been brutal.

Rattlehead repped this.
  22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    RIP Rossi . 2 WC champs & golden ball winners dies within a month. :unsure:

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watching the Torino v Udi match and I have to say the likes of De Paul and Pussetto are playing quite well. Pussetto had a nice finish for the first goal of the match. Musso has also returned(Has for a while) and Pereyra is working hard.

Also. I’ve checked up on some of our boys in Russia. Gaich is not getting much playing time. At Zenit, Driussi is playing but I don’t know how he is playing. What a disaster move. But what is most surprising is Ponce is second(or third after today) in the league in goals. He’s for 8 in 16 matches.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great match. De Paul with a goal and Pereyra with two assists.

1337827695443529733 is not a valid tweet id

soul24rage repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Driussi said in a recent Twitch stream that he “has been playing in a shitty position for the past three years” in Zenit and that he’s “tired” of all this.

His contract is set to expire this upcoming June, so either he leaves on a free around CA or the Ruskis smarten up and cash in on him in December. I’d obviously like to see him return to River, but given his age (24) I think he shouldn’t struggle to find options in Serie A or La Liga. Either way it appears his little Russian adventure is finally coming to an end, thank god... what a waste of a talent

soul24rage and SupaMario repped this.