Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah, once i saw the replay and hearing the pain from him, i knew that he was going to be out for some time. Really hope that he returns back fully healed

2. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically the same thing that happened to Neymar at the World Cup. You'd think a Brazilian ref would have some sympathy...

Some rumors that the foul was payback for one Palacios committed on the offender's brother over a year ago.

3. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    So what's the injury? Does he need surgery?

4. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hate when the NT tries to play with 3 defenders in the back line. To do that, you need different players and also a players that really know each other. We need to play with four defenders and doble-cinco (yeah, I said, our defense is so shhitte that we need extra help, specially since we don't really have a tur CDM - Paredes is more of a box-to-box midfielder).

This was the first game that I really though Scaloni made regrettable mistakes.

Rattlehead and Burr repped this.
  5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So it appears Palacios will be out for at least three months before he can even train again. All we can do is wish him the best in a speedy recovery.

I guess, we can take some solace in the fact that it wasn’t a knee injury or an ankle injury and that our next qualifier is in March. He probably won’t be ready for that but probably for the CA he could be.

And...Brasilian refs are utter shit. They buy into diving and other shenanigans but when it comes to serious aspects of the game they turn a blind-eye.

I just hope our boys are fired up for the match v Peru. We can win all three points. I just hope they don’t go into the match when the anthems are playing crying with them carrying Palacios jersey... That would be silly.

Rattlehead and Burr repped this.
  6. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Horrible news on Palacios I didn't think any of it until I saw the replay. It really resembles Neymar's injury. He should be back for the next set of qualifiers but jeez he's missing a lot of time between injuries and idiot for a coach. Luckily he'll be fresh for Copa.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #10382 Rattlehead, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    At this point, its already too obvious that the refereeing would be against us. After that semifinal against Brazil I stated "expect similar type of refereeing against Argentina throughout qualifier". It's certainly doesnt take long for it to be seen. As expected, Varsil won and they even sent off Venezuela's official.

When Messi openly criticized Conmebol last year, you know they're going to make sure any Argentina opponents to have some adventages.

I agree we shouldnt play with 3 defenders especially with average quality defenders that we have. Its easily get exposed from the wing cause once our RB or LB gets beaten with speed (which always happen), it always leds into a goal.

8. barcaq8

barcaq8 Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Camp Nou, Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    guys lets be real,

Argentina can not win a major tournament any time soon.

lack in quality at all lines except attack!

Not a single player at mid, def or GK plays in top 5 leagues of europe!

I dont know why argentina is not producing great players from academies like before.

9. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Eh... what? Emi Martínez, Musso, Foyth, Martínez Quarta, Medina, Pérez, Romero, Pezzella, Acuña, Paredes, De Paul, Rodríguez, Palacios, Lo Celso, Domínguez, all play in top 5 leagues of Europe.

Maybe you meant top 5 teams?

10. barcaq8

barcaq8 Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Camp Nou, Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most of those players are not in the starting 11 at their respective teams or play at mediocre mid table teams.

11. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Emi Martinez is one of the best GKs in the Premier League
    Acuna starts for Sevilla who are a top 4 team in La Liga
    Romero starts for Atalanta who are a top 4 team in Serie A
    Paredes was a starter for PSG during their Champions League run to the final
    When Lo Celso is fit he often starts for Tottenham and the Spurs fans love him
    De Paul is one of the best players in Serie A and Juve/Milan/Inter have all expressed their interest in buying him

I agree that Argentina’s centrebacks are relatively unproven, but they are also very young. Martinez Quarta, Lisandro Martinez, Senesi, Medina, Perez... the average age of this group is like 22.

12. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are winning the next CA.

Bookmark it.

Rattlehead and soul24rage repped this.
  13. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I’ve thought this for a very long time and posted on here about it. I still genuinely believe they will/can. Only thing holding them back is Scaloni. I don’t think he is a tragedy that is Buzo/maradonna /Batista/ and others but he can improve. If he picks the right team Argentina beat brasil.

What that other poster said is complete nonsense right now Argentina is producing players in multiple positions. Again it would depend on if they use them or not.

side note playing on a top team isn’t the all end of things. Otamendi played with city all of last year and he was ass.

locoxriver and soul24rage repped this.
  14. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Argentina’s leader retires. What a player what a team mate what a career all the best lion! Hope to see you as a coach!

DTCrackheads and soul24rage repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Most European football fans said that in last many years, yet Argentina has been 3 finals & 1 semifinal in last 10 years (losing 2 of them on shootouts , 1 at ET , 1 with biased ref). Compare that result to Netherlands or England. Those teams suppose to have what you considered "world class" right?

Mind you that before and after 2008-2012, Spain struggles to even reach round 16 and QF in major tournaments. Yet, people always clamoring about them having much better players than Argentina in every positions lol

Spain out at group stage and round 16 in past 2 World cup and people think they're ahead of Argentina :ROFLMAO:. Argentina faced 2 eventual finalists while Spain was playing Russia and Morroco.:ROFLMAO:

Milan05 repped this.
  16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I could understand people complaining after a string of bad losses and performances but we are sitting in a decent spot right now. This was only our third match in over a year and it was a game we should’ve got full points. The team still needs time to gel. There are 5 matches left until the CA, we have Tuesday, a couple more in March and two more in June right before the CA. We may have a friendly here and there as well. So there is still plenty of time. Let’s try to be somewhat positive.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Absolutely... look at Russia 2018: we had Ota and Aguero in Man City, Caballero in Chelsea, Biglia in Milan, Rojo in Man Utd, Fazio in Roma, Higuain and Dybala in Juve, Mercado and Banega in Sevilla... there were the PSG boys too, and Mascherano was still at Barcelona till a few months before the cup.

We all know how that turned out.....

Milan05 repped this.
  18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We got full 6 points from previous round which includes game at Lapaz and still got a point 2 days ago. Its not perfect result but still closest to perfect in terms of point you could earn from 3 games.

We could dominate the midfield better than previous 3 years but certainly still lack in creativity in final third while Emi should be given a chance in starting line up.

locoxriver repped this.
  19. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    There’s a 20 year old Argentine kid called Mateo Klimowicz who plays for Stuttgart as attacking midfielder. He has played more minutes in the Bundesliga than Palacios and has more goal contributions too.

Wouldn’t be a bad replacement for Palacios in the starting XI. He also has a connection with Nico Gonzalez

20. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Reading that the game might be in danger but Olé reports that the game will go ahead. Hopefully official confirmation soon.

21. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I wonder if the game will happen considering Peru doesn't have a president right now, lol.

22. Loco

Loco Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    May 1, 2005
    Miami
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ole list the probable starting 11 as;
    Franco Armani;
    Gonzalo Montiel, Lucas Martínez Quarta, Nicolás Otamendi, Nicolás Tagliafico;
    Rodrigo De Paul, Leandro Paredes, Giovani Lo Celso;
    Lionel Messi, Lautaro Martínez y Lucas Ocampos

This is a better line-up than what we had against Paraguay, but sucks that Emi is not starting as GK. I want something else other than Lucas Ocampo (aka, Lavezzi without his talent). Hoping Scaloni uses DiMaria early in the second half as the "supersub" and Nicolas Gonzalez gets into the mix

23. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I really don't expect E. Martinez to be starting as the GK til the end of the Copa 21 for the same reason I expect Otamendi to start as well. There's just not enough time with a lot more difficult games coming up and I really doubt Scaloni will change his core now. Ideally, the best time to start Martinez would have been the last game. Hopefully, after the Copa he will.

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Neither does the US. :D

Rattlehead, Burr and Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.
  25. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    González will replace Ocampos according to reports from today's training. Deserved IMO.

Duchene2Mackinnon repped this.