Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Lo celso is by far Argentina’s best midfielder if your not counting Lio. Tbh

Burr repped this.
  2. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Does anyone know how many minutes passed between the foul and Lio’s goal?

3. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Dominguez looks far too nervous, just passing sideways and hiding from the ball.

4. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He isn’t a good player tbh. Never watched a game from him at Bologna and thought wow this kid is a player. Reminds me of Paredes tbh. Nice recycling of the ball but doesn’t over much on either side of the field.

It’s a damn shame what happened with Ascacibar that was a proper talent.

5. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    dominated completely second half but disgusting var and ref unprecedented decision against argentina as usual

6. pregra

pregra Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 1, 2008
    Norway
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    VAR is a joke but very disappointing all in all. Did we create a single chance in the 2nd half apart from the "goal"? Everything looks random. Lo Celso with a great entry and Gonzalez was lively. Not much apart from that. Must get at least a point vs Peru now.

7. Burr

Burr Member+

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ref stole a win from us with that nonsense VAR.

8. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Game ends 1-1

Positives:
    - Argentina were the better side, clearly. The penalty was soft and so was the disallowed goal.
    - Nico Gonzalez looked far better at left back then I ever imagined. He has this athleticism going forward which Acuna and Tagliafico lack
    - Lo Celso was fantastic when he came on. I also thought that his two midfield partners De Paul and Paredes played well.

Negatives:
    - Armani is not a good penalty saver, it’s a big advantage for your GK to be good at penalties in international tournaments
    - Otamendi is still starting
    - Montiel is suspect defensively
    - Lautaro had a terrible game and nothing was going for him
    - The substitutions (Di Maria, Alario, Dominguez) did not impact the game at all
    - Messi also looked poor

soul24rage, locoxriver and Burr repped this.
  9. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    that was a very good second half we played with more spark than recent games. No clear cut chances but we scored an amazing teamplay goal Paredes-> gonzalez->lo celso -> messi. Paraguay would have broken down instead they park the bus what do you expect this isnt open football this is dirty south american team vs argentina.

10. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    I think Alario should have came on earlier for martinez who wasnt doing much

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    They disallowed the Messi goal, but did not use FARCE on the penalty when there was encroachment.

FE28C8C9-B42E-4D5C-88DF-DED3256B15EA.jpeg

Burr and soul24rage repped this.
  12. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Papu Gomez is - along with De Paul and Dybala - one of the best players in Serie A.

Dominguez warms the bench for Bologna.

Why was Dominguez subbed on instead of Gomez when we were chasing the game?

13. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea but JRR type of player pretty much extinct in today's football. His passing & deadball ability is otherworld. If he takes as many FK as Messi does, his FK number would have gone to the roof.

Di Maria is actually good at CK , I know he has plenty direct assists at club level from CK & FK, but like Barca our NT still has obligation to let Messi take all FK, CK & PK. Lo Celso should starting to take more.

Burr repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #10364 Rattlehead, Nov 12, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
    VARzil needs to make sure their team remains at the top.

However, we still lack creativity on creating clearcut chances which is worrying. I expect no less than 3 points against Peru. There's no close triangle passing which this NT used to have back then. We seems to rely good chances to come by itself rather than creating it.

15. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Messi is surely unlucky.

16. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'd revamp the whole midfield tbh.

Martinez
    GLC-Palacios

With RDP on stand by.

17. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    Because this isn't fifa. One is a CM, the other a forward.

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Quite disappointing. I don’t understand VAR at all. That should’ve been 3’points. Maybe the ref should look back at a foul that happened in 1990 and then decided if there is a correlation to this match.

If they want to play that game, then look at the last CA, where we should’ve been given a PK but the brazucas went down the field and scored and that goal stood.

BS.

DTCrackheads, Burr, soul24rage and 2 others repped this.
  19. pipinogol

pipinogol Member+

May 20, 2016
    Club:
    Cary RailHawks U23
    My scores:

Armani - 6. Another impecable game, nothing to say.

Montiel - 3. Awful. Beaten by Almiron constantly, didn't do anything in attack. Foyth will be our RB for a long time when he's fit again.

Martínez Quarta - 6. Other than the penalty (which I'm still not convinced of) fine game.

Otamendi - 5. About to lose the ball like always. We were lucky that they didn't press him more.

González - 7. Second best of the team. Did a lot more than Ocampos in attack. It's evident though that he doesn't know how to defend properly. I would start him next game as winger.

De Paul - 5.5. Got better with the minutes, still not satisfactory enough.

Paredes - 6. Good second half distributing and recovering balls.

Palacios - x. Can't believe VAR did nothing with the ********er that injured him.

Messi - 5. Not good. Awful free kicks. Would have been 6 if the goal wasnt disallowed.

Ocampos - 3. A ghost. Didn't do anything. His worst Match by far for NT.

Lautaro - 4. Kept bumping into the CBs losing most of the time. fought many balls well though.

Lo Celso - 8. MVP. Did everything right and agilized attack a lot. Can't believe coach didn't start him.

Di María - 5. Looked like he wanted to prove himself but didn't found gaps in their defense.

Domínguez, Alario. No score.

20. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007

I am just sick and tired of VAR, to be honest. It seemingly goes against us every time.

Rattlehead, SupaMario and locoxriver repped this.
  21. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lo Celso is needed for deep blocks and fk the ref.

22. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing with VAR is , it doesnt actually benifit "fair play" , because the ref still the one that decides whether an incidents should be VAR'ed or not.

23. Holiday_Jenkins

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 10, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once it was clear Paraguay was parking the bus for the remainder of the game. I would've switched to a 4-3-1-2. Montiel and Gonzales technically fullbacks but essentially as wingers though. Papu, Paredes and Lo Celso would have been the 3 midfielders. Or you could have not brought on Papu leave De Paul in but bring in Correa and have Correa and Alario up top to get on the end of crosses. Messi in the free role.

24. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Leo had tons of giveaways today.

Lo Celso was awesome. He was everywhere and winning the ball back.

It was indeed a Brazilian ref. What a disgrace.

Pleasantly surprised by Gonzalez. However anytime Paraguay attacked down the left or right flanks, I cringed.

25. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    Looks like Palacios has a serious injury. I cannot express how sad and frustrated I am. Get well soon buddy.

This is the kind of nonsense that keeps players away from South American football. Certainly has potential to derail his career.

Burr repped this.