Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But i think Biglias selection was one of the finest done by sabella , he was very good. Yes he lacks clinical offensive link up but i didnt see that in yacob either.

2. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013

Yacob is a very good passer in the counter and doesnt struggle with the ball in his feet. Biglia is stricly defensive presense and with only Gago being a pass first cm i thought the bench was a bit weak

3. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i will say , his subs were too weak . Sabella were too afraid on subs...

he should have brought ricky/maxi in place of perez in final to make some offensive threat.

But adding gago in final minutes is a clear message to germans that "we done with attacking"

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, I didnt say Sabella never mistake. No matter who's at the helm, we will not agree with some of their pick. Whether its Pasarella left behind Redondo, Pekerman and Diego left behind Zanetti, or even Menotti decided to left out 18 years old Diego.... but like Kempes said, when you win the WC, nobody will criticize you.

Have we won that final, nobody will even care about his pick. That said, his team made it as far as 113 minutes of the World cup final before losing it. It doesnt get any closer than that, except if our frontlines finish off their chances.

Dont forget its not Sabella's fault if Higuain and Kun turned out to be a headless chicken because those two scores 14 goals combined in qualifier. Also, Angelito couldnt play in last 2 games.

But his sub in the final definetely cost us the game from second half and onward. Palacio, Gago and Kun shouldnt play in that game.

5. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well to be honest, I don't see a bright list of players in the future. After our two performances at U20 qualification and a youth system that isn't in place like it use to be (clubs turning out players and coaches like Pekerman who are committed to a development system) or modernized like Germany. I only sense poor results in the future. (This is the reason I hate AFA, and Maradona for ruining this generation of talent into the ground with what should have been our best chances the last 3 World Cup's in 28 years since winning in all that time).

I also don't watch European football or Argentine League (or keep track) as much as I use to. Pretty much all the info I get is from occasional stat checks/ articles/ and info here. Don't have the time anymore, so I'm not privy to the up and comers. Even if I did though, like I use to know, many players don't measure up to their potential 'as the next one' or they take many years to develope by their mid 20's, some just fizzle out either through poor fitness, dedication or lacking winning commitment. Other players become surprises as they get older, Diego Milito or Enzo Perez as an example, that come out of nowhere.

With that in mind, how would I measure it going forward for the next qualifier and not for the upcoming Copa.

(I'll just list midfield) as I don't have a clue who we will use as strikers in the future.

Banega - Pastore - Enzo - Messi - Dimaria - Iturbe (those list of players I guess) with the inclusion of all the players who are young as well slowly fitting them in and possibly squeezing out Banega, Pastore and Enzo if they don't measure up. Messi will be in the next world cup, but his role will be like Maradona from 1994, mostly a play maker. It's amazing to think that Messi was only 17/18 and how we were so fortune to have him, and at 26, he's in his prime and we are still so fortune to have him, but unlike other team sports where you get better as you age (to a certain extent), football the body fitness changes so quickly and the youth factor is so prominent, Messi's role wont' be as impactful as before (which is why it was such a waste to include him with Maradona, and all those other wasteful coaches who didn't know how to make a team properly) Only under Pekerman and Sabella has Messi really shown his potential to his greatness. So with that in mind, we have to develop around a team concept this time.

I'd drop Gago/ Mascherano at this point, because neither will be at their premium fitness when it comes to the world's best at such crucial positions.

And with this post, I bid ye all adieu, as this is my last post for a long time.
    Take care all. I'll still read comments though.

Moishe repped this.
  6. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Some of the players have called Julio Grondona and urged him to convince Sabella to stay.

Julio wants Sabella to stay till 2018 but Sabella only wants a 1 year extension then re-evaluates after 2015 CA.

Theyre set to meet tomorrow and it will be an interesting weekend. Diego Simeone seems to be the top choice for the AFA if Sabella resigns and Martino is the runner-up. Every other name mentioned is just speculation and interest from the representatives of the likes of Diaz, Russo, Pellegrino.

AFA feel like they can save money the way they did in 2010 when they appointed Batista then gave Sabella a 3 yr contract after that.

The players however seem to like Sabella very much and believe in his philosophy and system of football.

7. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think its a good idea for Sabella to stay and then re evaluates everything after CA 2015.

These next two Copa for some our players would be their last chance to win something for the NT... sure some can still play at 30+ but speaking of Messi's generation , the next year event probably would be their last chance to win something for the country while still at their prime. WC 2018 isnt impossible but if they performed as bad as they did in 2011, we shall forget winning the 2018 WC.

If Sabella can maintain his team WC form (adding some younger talents off course), we can win the 2015 tournament.

8. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    man city new away jeresy , looks like our away ones

10425463_10154452502095455_8097442492870837582_n.jpg

9. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Better than the new Barcelona jersey which looks the same as Holland jersey.

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #85 Rattlehead, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    Messi first action in pre season. No sign of slowing down after that final lost :p

1 goal + 3 assists
    [​IMG]

11. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Glad to see Leo at his best again, even though it's sad it should have come earlier. But then these are Mickey Mouse defenses in a friendly, nothing close to the tough defending at WC.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    His chance in WC final not exactly a hard one though, not as easy as Pipita but still an easy one for his usual standard.

His failed chip in last minute against Belgium was another disapointment for his usual standard. Think about how easy he put that kind of chances away against Mexico, Leverkusen, Arsenal, and countless other teams in last many years. Its not only the defending level but also your self confidence playing under preasure. WC final is most watched sport event on the planet, that alone would have huge impact on any players stepping into that game.

I think the 2012 Messi is the best version of him.

13. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Shouldn't he be resting ? To be frank all of his goals that come this season will not recompense that miss in the final.

Perhaps he might learn to pace himself and Barcelona learn to take better care of him. They are directly responsible for his lack of fitness during the finals.

cigar_city and Moishe repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Messi should have been rested for 3-4 months, its obvious now that the reason he lacked match sharpness in last 6 months was because he was forced to return immidietely following that 2 months rest during Nov-Dec. He need longer rest after those grueling 6 years of nonstop playing.

Even though his hamstering might have been healed, his overall fitness hasnt recovered when he returned in January. But after starting from the bench against Getafe, he quickly returned to play full minutes all the way to the freakin WC final which was insane (including 3 extra time).

You cant denied that especially when a player who's only 26 could only run 6-8 km per match. Something clearly went wrong.

This was only testimonial match though, it was played mostly at walking pace. 2018 would be his very last chance to lead us into glory (which we came so close few weeks ago:notworthy:), so he better take care of himself because the club that paid him probably wont rest him especially if they're still competing in all tournaments during that season.

Aguero is probably the most disapointing of all. He rushed himself 4 times after an injury and instead resting at the end of the season, he went to Asia doing promotional stuff.:thumbsdown: Yea, he got the league title, he got the money but ruined his country WC.

15. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can't say Messi wasn't rested arriving at WC. He just walked most of the second part of the season. It's also not Barça's responsibility to prepare him for WC. They want to win trophies, and the general feeling was that on the contrary Messi was saving himself for WC.

The fact we didn't see him in an optimal physical fitness in Brazil raises some issues. There must be something behind, whether psychological or physical.

But I don't think it was the pressure of the final. He has played many Champions League finals and he didn't seem too impressed by the importance of the event.

16. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is the Barcelona talisman. He is a huge asset. Yet they rushed him to face PSG. They play him against Hercules or Cordoba (who have been promoted).

There is something wrong with him. Yes he has walked about a fair bit but in 2012 he was walking to get into dangerous positions if you understand my meaning. Some people say he has an unusual muscle fibre combination which means he can only operate in short burts.

Personally I have not heard of sarcomeres suddenly changing lineage over a couple of years as Leo was quite adept at running about beforehand. He is burning out something which he was warned about several seasons ago.

Like RH said he needs a long, long rest. And Kun is getting a fair amount of stick. But the ultimate responsibility lies with the medical staff at the Etihad for constantly allowing him to play and not telling the manager we don't think he is ready. A result now being he is breaking down all the time.

The medical staff at Tottenham not correctly diagnosing Lamela and his back injury is farcical considering he is a huge investment and all the medical facilities these clubs have. They have effectively played a part in the failure.

All our key players do not grumble with their workload. It is part of the reason many are cult heroes at clubs and why they establish a good reputation for Argentinian players on the world market but it does not help the seleccion. The travel, the dispersal of players young and old not to mention our opponents effectively play in a one team league allowing them to coast and have a Christmas break to boot.

cigar_city repped this.
  17. Arg10

Arg10 Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors of Pekerman coming back in the media. Sabella hasn't said if he's leaving or not but the rumors of Pekerman are surprising. He's not coaching Colombia anymore but I think hell will freeze over before he coaches us again.

18. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He had issues with grondona right...?

19. HollywoodHayat

HollywoodHayat Member+

Feb 11, 2013
    Alejandro Sabella will not continue to coach Argentina. He has stepped down.

Pipiolo repped this.
  20. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. cigar_city

cigar_city Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Likely where I should NOT be...
    Club:
    Newell s Old Boys
    Had issues. HAD.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More reports linking Facundo Ferreyra with Newcastle god help him.

He obviously does not want to play in the Ukraine given how the State Department and Putin have turned it into a geopolitical football.

What worries me is the way they see him as a targetman who has the physique etc etc. Playing here will blunt his finesse and skill set. Better he pops off to Spain or Italy.

tatoRMN repped this.
  24. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    lamela goal today

25. jimmi_moh

jimmi_moh Member+

Mar 30, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina