Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    For a few reasons one of which I'm not shy to admit that I'm ignorant to what sort of project Parma can offer him. I don't know much about the team, I do know they were in financial crisis that threatened their very existence just a few years ago. Let's set that aside and assume they're doing well. They were a mid table side in the Serie A so, that's not horrible. However, Perez too good to be playing that level right now. He can help Atelti right now and if they don't have a spot for him they should loan him back to his Portugal team since continuity at this age is very important IMO. Short of that they should loan him out to a team with European footy. Ajax was sniffing around him a month ago. There's also the likes of Villareal or another fringe CL/Europa team. Just my 2 cents but Perez is an elite talent that needs to be nurtured.

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What Parma can offer him is Serie A football. That is much more than what a shite league like Portugal can.

Second, he is on loan. He’ll get to play in a defensive league. Granted it is Serie A of the past but the Serie A will always be a step up in competition and much more so than what Portugal can ever offer.

If he could help Atletico then Cholo would’ve kept him. No shame in going on another loan, he is only 20.

We have a promising core of young defenders coming up. We shouldn’t throw them to the wolves right away.

Patience, young grosshoppa.

3. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    oof the disrespect lol. The Portugal league maybe lack in elite teams but development is as good as any other. Probably better than some too.

The deal I read was that it's a loan with an option to buy at 15 million and Atleti will reserve the right to buy him back at 20 million. Which would be stupid on their part.

He could help Atleti... their cbs minus Gimenz are exactly world beaters. He's their future. Simeone also stapled Felix to the bench in a knock out game. He lost because of that. I wouldnt say Simeone is infallible. Hell we should know he ********ed up Correa, Vietto and numerous of other young attacking players because he didn't know how to use them.

Throw them to the wolves? Argentina if anything are too conservative with their young stars. Look around at other top NT with their young talent they have no issue throwing them out there and seeing what they can do. Just this "international break" world cup winners France called up a 17 year old kid. Spain started Fati who's also 17 and he was dropped a MOTM performance. I had to watch old man Otamendi lug his way up and down the pitch for the better part of a decade. Same with fatboy Pipita. Forget patience... for Argentina the future is now.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

There is a vast difference. Many of those youngsters are playing club football in their home country.

Our talented players are sold off and go to Europe and then we hope they have progressed enough for a call-up.

Calling up a player on potential is a gamble. We don’t have glorified friendlies(The Nations Cup) as they do in Europe. We have a handful friendlies, at best, we have qualifiers and the CA. You know very well, if you have two bad rounds in the qualifiers, that could mean you can fight till the last round.

So, yes, we need players that have some experience under them their belt. The likes of Masche, Messi, and Kun are outliers.

If we call-up a youngster and he shits the bed and the fans and media are all over him, then what does that do for his confidence?

locoxriver repped this.
  5. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    It's still a good development league. I mean off the top of my head Argentian players to go through Portugal Otamendi, Di Maria and Gaitan. The league is good with developing players. Sure, they won't win CL and only the top 2 teams can play in Europe but it's not a farmers league. lol.

The nations cup is a plastic tournament that was invented only the past year. Germany, Spain and other teams have no issue calling their players up for friendlies. Munir being a prime example of that.

Experience is all well and good but how do you expect players to get experience without actually playing them? Dybala was an elite player before he got even a call up to a meaningless friendly. The likes of Palacios, Suarez were ahead of him for some bizarre reason. He basically had to knock down the door to be noticed. Hell Italy was circling around him for a long time luckily he stayed loyal.

If he gets a call and does bad, its not the end of the world. Sure he will get crucified but he gets to go back to his club team and if he's good enough he will continue to progress. Fearing a young player will do bad in a friendly and having his confidence shot is illogical.

Anyway this veered way off topic. Since my point was that Perez should be playing for a better team. I think anyone who watches this boy can see he's good now and for the future.

6. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Messi is free to play in the next call ups. He gets a nice break from the hell hole in barca. So, im glad this happened.

afar repped this.
  7. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    How is this possible? Isn’t he banned for 1-game?

8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering FIFA once extended Balon D'or vote to let CR played in WC playoff againts Sweden.. this is nothing.

9. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Since a year has past.

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He shouldn't even have been suspended in the place. That red card was ridiculous.

Albiceleste2010 and Rattlehead repped this.
  11. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Everything about that copa was ridiculous. This is why I firmly believe Argentina can/should finally get that monkey off their back next summer. I had hope this summer but corona hit now the young guns are a year older which gives me belief. Only thing standing in our way is ourselves.

12. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As Simeone said few months ago, teams like Brazil and Germany are simply stronger mentally, which we have to agree. They always edge Argentina in a game that really matter, even Chile and Uruguay. Off course if its friendlies , groupstage game, 3rd place game, we beat them. In last 10 meets against Chile , they only beat Argentina twice, and those were the 2 Copa finals which they won merely through penalities.

However, that's also proof we're not actually behind in terms of players quality, we just lack that strong mentallity. Obviously I'm not talking about the 2017-2018 period where we barely have a "team".

I;d love the current team to change my mind about that and I always have faith since I've been supporting the same national team since 1990.

13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree, Brasil has a strong mentality... I mean, to show your faces in public after getting trashed 7-1 in a World Cup semi-final at home.... That takes a lot of balls.

14. Pekerman

Pekerman Member+

May 20, 2006
    :ROFLMAO:

I am sure a lot of it is mental but you develop that slowly through misfortunes. It's not like we woke up mentally weak. Seems like a curse ever since that last Copa with Bielsa where Brazil tied literally last second to force penalties. They were outplayed that game. Same with Chile and Germany 2014. We were the better team each time. Also key players getting injured like Lavezzi playing the best football of his life goes in the stand gets injured. Di Maria in the wc. Even going back to 06 abbondanzieri injured during game... I mean I am traumatized just watching this shit luck imagine the players.

DTCrackheads and SupaMario repped this.
  15. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, everytime they face Argentina, they did and that's the fact. At least until we turn around the trend that has been going since mid 90s. Thats a long ass time ago. You just need to look at our head to head in tournaments against Brazil and Germany in past 25 years. They beat us all the time even when they're putting team full of youngster.

16. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Despite of getting outplayed, they pulled a win , that's what I'm expecting from Argentina aswell. However, we just keep losing even when we have the better chances.

Speaking of bad luck, yea it did seems like ongoing curse. Saviola hit hattrick in Copa 2004 and then get injured for the rest of the tourney. Crespo pulled exactly the same shit in 2007, scored 3 goals and then out from injury. 2014-2016, Di Maria and Lavezzi.

WC 2006 was the only time we clearly looked better than any team but thanks you for pressing the self destruct button.

Yea Brazil lost 7-1 was absolutely satisfying but remember we've been beaten by them and Germany 3-0 and 4-0 and Brazil and Germany already won another thropy, we havent. If its down to talents, we would have won those 3 finals in 2014-2016.

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We won’t know until the 20th but Scaloni is looking at these players for the qualifiers(Supposedly).

Arqueros
    Esteban Andrada
    Franco Armani
    Agustín Marchesín
    Juan Musso
    Emiliano Martínez

Defensores
    Gonzalo Montiel
    Renzo Saravia
    Juan Foyth
    Lucas Martínez Quarta
    Germán Pezzella
    Nicolás Otamendi
    Walter Kannemann
    Nehuén Pérez
    Leonardo Balerdi
    Nicolás Tagliafico
    Mediocampistas
    Marcos Acuña
    Rodrigo De Paul
    Leandro Paredes
    Giovani Lo Celso
    Guido Rodríguez
    Nicolás Domínguez
    Matías Zaracho
    Roberto Pereyra
    Lucas Ocampos
    Alexis Mac Allister
    Ezequiel Palacios
    Delanteros
    Lionel Messi
    Lautaro Martínez
    Paulo Dybala
    Sergio Agüero
    Lucas Alario
    Nicolás González (tiene una lesión muscular)

https://www.tycsports.com/amp/selec...ccion-20200909.html?__twitter_impression=true

Albiceleste2010, soul24rage and Milan05 repped this.
  18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At least he didn’t follow in Romero’s footsteps. Good move.

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    £20M (~ $26M) deal

Record transfer fee for an Argentine goalkeeper (by far). That "title" was previously held by Juan Pablo Carrizo, who joined Lazio for $10M back in 2008.

All the best to him... hopefully Aston Villa do a little better this season. Last time around they avoided relegation by just 1 point. They literally stayed in the Premier League because of an 85th minute goal in the last fixture of the 2019/20 season. :speechless:

Albiceleste2010 and SupaMario repped this.
  20. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In other news.

De Paul is being linked to... Zenit. That would be pretty terrible.

Acuña might be going to Sevilla, which would be great. We can have him and Ocampos playing as club mates.

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Have to say Arteta is a bit two faced. Says he will pick players on form. So Martinez who has been excellent is removed for Leno. No doubt the grumbling German has complained and moaned. They are looking at getting Raya in from Brentford as the number two. Hope Emi stuffs this back in Arteta's face when the teams meet. He will get plenty of practice.

Higuain off to MLS and a retirement home. Hope he does not bump into CC who might have something to say to him.

RDP needs to make the right move. Zenit no chance. Internazionale or Leeds would be better.

No sign of Buendia in the Norwich squad so looks like he is off somewhere. Where that is we do not know.

SupaMario repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lucas Alario with a goal and an assist in Leverkusen’s 7-0 German Cup win.

Palacios came in off the bench and played a little over 15 minutes..

23. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Alario is a regular for Leverkussen, I want to see him get to the 20 goal threshold.

Emi appears to quite the good guy. He’ll now be a #1 for club. He’s got a big keeper, tall, powerful, big hands, not scared to go after the ball. He’s already on Scaloni’s radar, we’ll see where he falls in the pecking order. Since there haven’t been any games back home for a while, I think Musso or Emi should be #1. If Armani is called, I don’t think he should be starting.

As for Fatso. What a charmed life he’s lived. Playing in BsAs, Madrid, London, Turin and now Miami. Miami is an amazing city with a ton of Argentinos living there. So, I’m sure somebody will say something derogatory to him and I can smirk at that... And another thing about Miami is that it has amazing good. That’s not good news for his pants.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Celta are also after Robertone... They've already made an offer and it looks like Velez are about to accept it.

As for MQ, the player himself is pushing for River to accept the offer... 5.5M euros for 50% is what the Spaniards are offering. While it may not be exactly what River is requesting (they're looking for 10-12M for the full transfer), the defender's interest in a transfer may persuade them to go through with the deal considering how he has less than a year left on his contract.

Unless both clubs get stern with their transfer requests, I'm expecting to see both players in Celta next season..

25. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Everyone is there except poor Ascacibar. I fear he wont reach his potential. Shame we’re running thin at the DM position. Anyone can give me a run down on Alemendra or Sosa?

Next season? I’m hoping he play some where guy has missed a lot of games and still young ish.