Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Or another shootout taker list I would go with

1- Dybala (taking the 1st penalty)
    2- Tagliafico (using a defender/left back to take penalty)

3- Lautaro
    4- Lo Celso
    5- Messi (takes the last penalty)

2. Bada Bing

Bada Bing Member+

Jul 13, 2012
    Finland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's misconception that Penaldo is better at penos. Which one would you take as SO shooter? (Int and Ucl)

Messi
    4/5 of being 1st shooter

Penaldo
    1/2 of being 1st shooter
    4/6 of being any shooter
    4/8 of not having balls to shoot first

Burr and Rattlehead repped this.
  3. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, agreed. Most focus on the one or two big misses he had and think boom he's bad. He will be for sure shoot and will be 1st or 2nd because he's a leader and doesnt shy away from the big moment. He has his misses like the other legends.

soul24rage, Burr and Bada Bing repped this.
  4. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No way i'd let Paulo take the first one. It should be Lautaro or Messi. But good pick up on Tagliafico I think he would do well. He's one of those players. Palacios too if he makes the team.

5. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I picked Dybala first because yeah sure he would have pressure on his shoulders but not as much as Messi would if he were taking the 1st one which is why Messi would be 3rd on my list

6. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude looked scared of taking a penalty in a Coppa Italia final. He’s normally a good kicker but I remember a few years back against Milan and Donnarumma saved his PK. He clearly had flashbacks. The same way he got a yellow v Madrid in the CL final, he stiffened up since his first international for us he was sent off with two quick yellows. I am a big fan of Dybala but I wouldn’t let him take a PK either.

7. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Then you would have Lautaro take penalties

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL @Bada Bing you never cease to amaze me with your sudden Batman-like appearances

Bada Bing repped this.
  9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Foyth suffered an external meniscus tear in a friendly vs. Norwich and will be a sidelined for an extended period due to this knee injury. Initially, his idea is to avoid surgical procedures...

Just when it seemed he was set to join Leeds in search of regular playing time... :thumbsdown:

10. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea and I actually forgot that CR also missed his penalty in WC 2018 against Iran. But people seems to have impression that he's much better at it while clearly he has missed more in crucial games.

11. Moaiyad

Moaiyad New Member

Argentina
    Oct 18, 2018

This's why I consider Pekrman as my favourite coach,

This's created by me about a blend of the amazing goals scored by both Colombia & Argentina when they were coached & managed by Pekerman. Hopefully, you guys will enjoy it.

12. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But for Messi at 35 in 2022 he will no doubt be playing in his last World Cup because by 2026 when the World Cup comes here to Canada where I'm from but also in the US and Mexico...he'll be 39

But I wonder if there will be any Argentine phenoms coming in by then?

13. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    No worries theres going to be a few of them. Theyre pretty close to a golden age tbh. Not getting enough credit, people can talk about England, portugal and brasil all day but little about Argentina’s up coming generation. I dont want to be a homer and I know brasil are producing better right now but Argentina isnt far behind.

Anyway lo celso a forgotten player somewhat with his injury came on yesterday and did very well. He needs to be given a spot i think.

14. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    There are a few Argentine wonderkids such as:

Almada
    Almendra
    Vera
    De La Vega
    Barco
    Matias Palacios

15. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mac Allister got subbed on against Arsenal on the 94th minute.

Brighton score the winner in the 95th minute thanks to his pass and pre-assist.

https://streamable.com/czmw8e

Talk about making an instant impact, lol.

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It is perplexing that European sides still shell out tens of millions for unproven and overhyped brazucas. They’re mostly primadonnas and still willing to spend the money. While we’ve got players who shine in the league and we have to squeeze every penny out of them. But perhaps this is a good thing. They don’t have to deal with the pressures of the fans and the press across the world.

Yesterday, Mallorca lost two precious points and now are in the bottom three. Romero was on the bench again.

Ocampos had some good moments v Barca, even though he tried to doo too much at times.

I didn’t see Palacios with the team for Leverkusen. I know the CEO came out and gave some generic explanation on why he hasn’t played recently but hopefully he gets some minutes sooner than later. Alario was a sub.

locoxriver repped this.
  17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I have always wondered why Diego Simeone's son Giovanni has never been called up to the national team

18. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

He has and has scored. But he doesn’t have the quality to be called up regularly.

19. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Makes sense but I just would have figured that Scaloni would have called him up by now because well Scaloni and Gio's dad Diego go way back

20. soul24rage

soul24rage Member+

Barcelona
    Jun 13, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You get called up if you can contribute to the team's success, not by having personal connections lol

21. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I wouldnt call Alemdra or Barco wonderkids. And yeah, Simeone is trash.

locoxriver repped this.
  22. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Another forgotten play is Dominquez only watched him a few times but his team plays Juve tomorrow. We'll see more of him. From what I've seen he's decently talented has a nice through ball. Hopefully he can develop into a serviceable player for the NT. Would be nice to have a player with his skill set in the midfield.

23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Exequiel Palacios could move away from his club but if he were to move away and leave the Bundesliga, he would be better suited going to the Premier League in England or going to French Ligue 1 in France...he could get more playing time playing in either league

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicolás González of Stuttgart is playing quite well in Germany’s second division. He’s got 14 goals on the season and has been on great form since returning. The club is all but coming back to the top flight of German football. There is one match left, and they need to lose by a ton of goals and third place Heidenheim have to win by a handful for them to fall to third and have to play a play-off. Good to see him progressing.

Oh and Lautaro is playing quite well today for Inter. Got a hockey assist(back-heel that started the attack) and a goal in the first half.

Rattlehead repped this.
  25. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Being an Inter fan I love me some Lautaro