Argentine NT: News, Stats & Players [R]

Discussion in 'Argentina: Selecciones Nacionales' started by jimmi_moh, Jul 17, 2014.

1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #9451 SupaMario, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Ocampos is starting for Sevilla. BeIN is making this match almost unwatchable. They’ve added some digital background where they’re trying to make it appear that there are people in the stands. Not to mention, that horrible fake fan noise. But you can turn that off, and hear the players, which is a bonus.

And to add, Ocampos has been very lively. So much skill and talent. Had a great run and hit the crossbar.

Ofori repped this.
  2. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    #9452 SupaMario, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    PK goal and a great assist for Ocampos.

The assist.

3. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    Ocampos will probably be a starter come Copa America 21

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

If he continues playing like this? No doubt. Ocampos has always been a talented player, at the U17’s he was a star. It took him a bit of time finding his feet but the last couple, he’s been quite good, especially this season, 11’goals and 6 assists in league play. But I hope he continues this level of play. For example, Tucu was great last season and had a breakout season but has stumbled this season. High level of consistency is very important.

5. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But as far as their goalkeepers, Musso should be starting instead of Armani

6. Duchene2Mackinnon

May 9, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    He needs minutes so it was a good move to get away from Spurs and away from the spot light for a bit. It could do him some good to iron out the wrinkles in his game. His potential is probably on par or better than Perez. So, hopefully this works out for him but I'm not holding my breath.

7. DTCrackheads

DTCrackheads Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Mar 9, 2019
    [​IMG]

2008 Olympic Gold Medal team. What a team it was. Messi wearing 15 because of the big boss man standing behind him in number 10. Wow. Those were the days. I remember in the Copa America around those times too when we had boss man, Messi, and Crespo all on the field together.

Zabaleta with hair :ROFLMAO:

Some good discussion here and interesting perspective from a different crowd:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comme...quad/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Burr repped this.
  8. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Zabaleta with hair? I can top that.

upload_2020-6-11_20-39-40.jpeg

Rattlehead repped this.
  9. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But if he goes to Leeds he gets to play under a great Argentine manager in Bielsa so

10. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juve-Milan.

Milan is such a shit-show, if Gaich is going to Italy, he’d be better going to someplace like Atalanta or something.

Dybala has been rather quiet.

11. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    AC Milan actually would not be such a bad move

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good team, but the 2004 Olympic team was better.. clean sheets from start to finish, Tevez on fire... 3-0 over Italy... 4-0 and 6-0 wins... Mascherano, Ayala, D’Alessandro, Lucho... Chelito Delgado when he was a menace..

The 2008 roster was great too and had the bonus of the historic 3-0 semi over Brazil, but Bielsa had his team playing at a higher level overall from start to finish

DTCrackheads repped this.
  13. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milan is a dumpster fire. Not a good movie if he ends up in Italy.

Burr repped this.
  14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The 2008 team also beat Neatherlands earlier in the tournament but yea, the 2004 team was crazy good. Tevez & Saviola alone has 10+ goals and clean sheet for the whole tournament was just spectacular. However, Brazil actually put a very strong squad in 2008, there's the likes of Thiago Silva, Ramires , Anderson, Ronaldinho, Pato, some of those already playing for big sides like Milan and MU.

I think those period was the very peak of Argentina youth teams. 5 WYC & 2 olympics gold medals in less than 15 years span is simply unmatched.

DTCrackheads, Burr and locoxriver repped this.
  15. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I just think back to Russia 2018 2 years ago and I laugh so hard mainly because of Sampaoli and his tattoos or his tight shirt...like I don't understand how Sampaoli was a great coach for Chile when he managed them but with his own country Argentina he fails

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Sampaoli system needs time and the personnel for it to work. He had Sevilla playing some great futbol prior to taking the job as our DT.

He wanted the job of the CAC but Tata sat on his ass and didn’t make a choice about returning or leaving. Sampa signed on with Sevilla and Tata stepped down a short time later. Sampa didn’t have the time to get the team going. It is a system that needs time for it to work. Had he taken the job right after the CAC things could’ve been different. A wasted opportunity IMO.

17. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    But I heard also that Messi didn't really like Sampaoli as coach nor did some of the other players on that team

18. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AFA made mistake by not appointing him right after Copa 2016, instead they picked Bauza the clown to ruin our qualifier run and then replaced him with Sampa in last quarter of the qualifier when the team needed the points badly so he couldnt experiment.

19. Moaiyad

Moaiyad New Member

Argentina
    Oct 18, 2018
    Well, I don't want to judge on people based on their appearance but. Being a manager over Argentina NT is totally different than chili that's because it needs identified behaviour & attitude which are always needed to lead such quality of players which personally I don't believe that Sampaioly have them.

As far as sufficient time is concerned, Pekerman Is a good example of coach who needs only some training & lecturing sessions in order to create a competitive & strong team. Unfortunately, one of the best coaches over the world with wide history & his country doesn't have the clue of having him back.

20. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
    I know if Pekerman came back as national team coach, he would do a better job this time around

21. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea, we'll reach the final next year under Pekerman. We gonna scores a brilliant early team goal, and then he'd replace our key midfielder & forwards with defensive players , trying to protect 1 goal lead for remaining 80 minutes, and then conceided late goal and lost another shootout.

DTCrackheads repped this.
  22. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ofori repped this.
  23. Ofori

Ofori Red Card

Inter Milan
    Ghana
    May 9, 2020
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nicolas Tagliafico: "The Argentine NT is always a candidate to win the World Cup, but I don't know if we were up for it in 2018. We didn't arrive fully prepared -- there were still details to resolve, there were doubts tactically and football-wise in the team. A lot of changes had to be made with great difficulty and there was negativity from outside of the group."

https://www.tycsports.com/seleccion...-dudas-tacticas-y-futbolisticas-20200614.html

25. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Tactically the 2018 World Cup was a complete nightmare.

4231 against Iceland with a right flank of Meza and Salvio
    343 against Croatia with Acuna and Salvio as wingbacks and Meza as forward
    442 against Nigeria with Perez as a wide midfielder
    433 against France with Pavon and Di Maria flanking Messi

There were no tactics. Sampaoli was just making it up as he went along.

If you compare that to France, the difference is night and day. They had the same starting 11 and the same tactics every game. They knew what the plan was and stuck by it.

DTCrackheads and Burr repped this.